Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 02:29 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times

Advertisements

"My friend has stopped asking me to rent a room to her and has instead begun looking for a new apartment"...so instead of letting it go ,you bring up the subject again of rent and moving, so yes stirring the pot.

You're some friend. You said " Today, I finally confronted her and asked just why it is that she can no longer afford a rent that's about $100 extra per month. She claims she has a major medical bill to pay off"...your some friend, by saying "she claims" mean you don't believe her about the medical bill.

You live in the same complex, sounds more like a very casual neighbor/friendship than real friends.

And why are you spying on her? Most apt. complexes have assigned spots, how do you know that she isn't out looking and getting back before you do? Again, not that it is your business.

Maybe look in the car window and write down what the odometer says, so you can confront her about that....LOL.

And in your first post you said you bought a house . So how do you know her comings and goings at this apt. complex. Why would you still be there? That makes no sense.

You don't want her living with her, fine. Don't want to lend her money, fine. But it's none of your business what bills she owes or whether or not she is actually looking for another apt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 03:34 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
"My friend has stopped asking me to rent a room to her and has instead begun looking for a new apartment"...so instead of letting it go ,you bring up the subject again of rent and moving, so yes stirring the pot.

You're some friend. You said " Today, I finally confronted her and asked just why it is that she can no longer afford a rent that's about $100 extra per month. She claims she has a major medical bill to pay off"...your some friend, by saying "she claims" mean you don't believe her about the medical bill.

You live in the same complex, sounds more like a very casual neighbor/friendship than real friends.

And why are you spying on her? Most apt. complexes have assigned spots, how do you know that she isn't out looking and getting back before you do? Again, not that it is your business.

Maybe look in the car window and write down what the odometer says, so you can confront her about that....LOL.

And in your first post you said you bought a house . So how do you know her comings and goings at this apt. complex. Why would you still be there? That makes no sense.

You don't want her living with her, fine. Don't want to lend her money, fine. But it's none of your business what bills she owes or whether or not she is actually looking for another apt.
Spot on.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:23 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

I feel sorry for your friends, assuming you have any. Because apparently if your friends are going through difficult times, you won't bother to ask if there's something wrong. Instead you'll ignore it. Wow, how lucky your friends are to have someone like you in their lives. By the way Sherlock, did it ever occur to maybe the reason I haven't moved into my new house yet is because the current owners haven't moved out yet? As for the spying accusation, I didn't realize walking out to one's car and noticing another car nearby qualified as spying. There AREN'T assigned spots where we live. Lastly, the reason I used the word claimed in regards to her medical bill is that her spending behavior is inconsistent with someone who has a major debt to pay off. If you owed thousands of dollars for over a year, would you still be shopping for new clothes, going out to fancy restaurants, etc.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships