U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 07:29 PM

42,592 posts, read 41,324,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post

Forget it, I forgot the majority of people in the world are at the lower incomes and would attack me because the majority of you ARE them. lol

Have a nice day fellas.
ROFL

This is exactly like the pretty girl who thinks everyone hates her because they're jealous, but really they just hate her because she's a b*tch who thinks she's better than everyone.

Man, you have work to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 07:31 PM

20,419 posts, read 37,444,787 times
Drop them as friends... they will be better off for it.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:40 PM

12,578 posts, read 13,246,923 times
Quote:
My friend recently got married, and his wife has quite the mouth on her. For a secretary she is very condescending, constantly talking down to me as if she and her husband are better than me because 1) she has a graduate degree and 2) he is pursuing a grad degree paid for by his parents with the hopes of getting him a better job (he works as an office administrator now).

The way this girl talks to me just irks me. I make six figures and have been since my mid twenties, and have two houses paid off, and am buying a third house. They just got their first apartment in their mid thirties. I make more than both of them combined and then some. Heck, I pay more in taxes that either of them makes. For some reason I just want to shut her up. She really just doesn't know who she is talking to.

On the other hand, I don't want them to start copying me career wise or real estate investment wise (if they ever get better jobs), since he started copying everything about me a few years ago until I asked him to stop. If I tell them what I'm doing, they might start copying me. So should I just find a way to drop my income into conversation? Or hint that I make a lot of money by talking about my paid off houses and third home purchase? Or just let it go and quietly laugh and fume at the same time internally?
Obviously she lacks class and if you put her down or shut her up then you become just as classless. There are people in life who think they are better than others no matter what.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:44 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,167,386 times
Quote:
She really just doesn't know who she is talking to.

So should I just find a way to drop my income into conversation? Or hint that I make a lot of money by talking about my paid off houses and third home purchase?
Read these parts of your post by themselves. See how this sounds? And you think SHE is condescending???

Yay! You're successful. Maybe she's just had some bad luck - likely given that she has a graduate degree (which, yes, is an accomplishment) and is working as a secretary. She's going to work every day and doing what she can. Perhaps her career been impacted by the poor economy. "Friends" aren't obsessed with rubbing it in when one is down on their luck.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:00 PM

874 posts, read 1,073,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Stop hanging around this couple if they annoy you so much. Why associate with people you obviously don't like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Obviously she lacks class and if you put her down or shut her up then you become just as classless. There are people in life who think they are better than others no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Drop them as friends... they will be better off for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
ROFL

This is exactly like the pretty girl who thinks everyone hates her because they're jealous, but really they just hate her because she's a b*tch who thinks she's better than everyone.

Man, you have work to do.

This.

All of it.

Common sense is not so common.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:17 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,193,953 times
Hi
Quote:
Whatever. What kind of friend lets his wife talk to me like that knowing the whole time that she is wrong and doesn't say anything about it? As far as friends, I'm the one that got him the job he has now, which pays twice what he made at Burger King.

It's funny, you seem jealous. I figured I'd get these kind of responses from the masses. I guess you don't get it either. There is a social status whether you like it or not. It's only those who don't have it that refuse to accept it.
Lol you have no social status. Big fn whoop you've paid off a couple houses. Nearly every one of my friends that graduated business school with me make over $100k. So what. Not something any of us even discuss. But you would "teach a seminar" to "share your strategy". Considering you are worth billions, I am sure it's a brilliant strategy .

Look, if she is talking down to you it is probably because you are somewhat oblivious to how obnoxious and self important you sound. She probably feels threatened and so is holding her education out as the one thing she hss that trumps you. My guess is you are each doing the same thing to each other. Try taking a step back and not taking yourself or life too seriously. Maybe the relationship will change.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:36 PM

6,268 posts, read 12,826,052 times
Quote:
Whatever. What kind of friend lets his wife talk to me like that knowing the whole time that she is wrong and doesn't say anything about it? As far as friends, I'm the one that got him the job he has now, which pays twice what he made at Burger King.

It's funny, you seem jealous. I figured I'd get these kind of responses from the masses. I guess you don't get it either. There is a social status whether you like it or not. It's only those who don't have it that refuse to accept it.
Uh, I get it. My wife and I combined make almost 200k a year. It's not jealousy that you're inciting. You're coming off like a complete a$$, and that's probably why your "friend's wife" is "mouthing off" to you. She's probably tired of your holier than thou attitude and is giving it right back to you.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:07 PM

10,788 posts, read 8,003,086 times
Quote:
So should I just find a way to drop my income into conversation? Or hint that I make a lot of money by talking about my paid off houses and third home purchase?
This, please. And post the outcome. We need the drama, reality tv is so boring these days.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:09 PM

7,346 posts, read 13,164,975 times
Quote:
For some reason I just want to shut her up. She really just doesn't know who she is talking to.

On the other hand, I don't want them to start copying me career wise or real estate investment wise (if they ever get better jobs), since he started copying everything about me a few years ago until I asked him to stop. If I tell them what I'm doing, they might start copying me. So should I just find a way to drop my income into conversation? Or hint that I make a lot of money by talking about my paid off houses and third home purchase? Or just let it go and quietly laugh and fume at the same time internally?
Just kiss your friend goodbye. He's not going to give up the wife's piece of pie for a friend. She's not going to shut up, even with the info you want to spill.

Why wouldn't you want them to copy your RE investment? For all that you complain about the 2 houses, one would think you would be fine with inflicting some misery on them.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:11 PM

874 posts, read 1,073,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
This, please. And post the outcome. We need the drama, reality tv is so boring these days.
LOL. Made my night, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or