U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 05:59 PM

4,987 posts, read 2,656,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
I just want to shut her up. She really just doesn't know who she is talking to.

On the other hand, I don't want them to start copying me career wise or real estate investment wise (if they ever get better jobs), since he started copying everything about me a few years ago until I asked him to stop. If I tell them what I'm doing, they might start copying me. So should I just find a way to drop my income into
Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 06:15 PM

1,971 posts, read 2,482,895 times
It's ok to brag in this situation but I've found that it is more effective if you take your shirt off and hold a 2x4 over your shoulder while you do it. Sorta like "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. It will really drill home who's the boss. I did it once and not only did my friend's mouthy wife stop giving me lip, she lost 30 pounds, got breast implants, divorced him and married me. He's our butler, too.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:23 PM

7,439 posts, read 7,986,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Let's see, since you don't like her because of her big mouth, and you don't like him because he copies you(gee sounds like the movie Single White Female), and since you are so much above them and pay more in taxes that they make, there is only one solution.

Hire a hit man.

BTW, most people who are real friends, like to see their friends do well. Sounds like you don't want them to come up in life, so you can't feel superior like you do now.
Did someone call?
But seriously I would love to hear there side of the story.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:21 PM

8,985 posts, read 14,628,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
It's ok to brag in this situation but I've found that it is more effective if you take your shirt off and hold a 2x4 over your shoulder while you do it. Sorta like "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. It will really drill home who's the boss. I did it once and not only did my friend's mouthy wife stop giving me lip, she lost 30 pounds, got breast implants, divorced him and married me. He's our butler, too.
You owe me a new keyboard. The one I have now has wine spewed all over it. My nose also hurts where I laughed wine out of it. My lawyer will be contacting you.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:08 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,141,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
Hahaha. Awesome post.

I had a chance meeting with Hacksaw last year. What a genuinely nice and thoughtful man. HUGE hands.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:18 PM

128 posts, read 142,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Jealous? Of what? Or should I say whom? You? Your status? Your friends? Your as far as I know imiginary six figure salary?
None of it is impressive to me and I have never been jealous of any other human on the planet.

Don't give yourself so much credit you are some random online poster who can post anything whether it be the truth or not.
You also appear to be self absorbed, arrogant and feel that your friend owes you something and needs to "stick up for you", fight your own battles, find new friends, don't be so sure that those you think are beneath you are actually above you in class and humility and be very careful who you tick off, they could be your boss one of these days.

As far as a "social status" my friends and I don't label ourselves because we just don't care what the rest of the world thinks.
If you would pay attention to those who consider the amount of money you make as pocket change, they don't care about social status either, they don't brag, they don't have oversized homes, they don't drive overpriced vehicles, they don't wear overpriced name brand clothing and they do not expect anything in return when they help someone out.
Great Post

Old 07-21-2014, 10:56 PM

238 posts, read 185,185 times
I am confused by some of the posts, but I'll answer sincerely just in case this is real.

It's never okay to brag, especially to point out that you are superior.

Kind of the old - If you have to tell people how classy you are, you aren't.

p.s. Karma, baby. If you are so selfish, petty and mean spirited that you don't want your friends to be successful, you will not be the success you think you are. While you may have money, successful people help others up, and want the best for them. For everyone. Especially someone they consider a friend, but in general, they want everyone to succeed.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:20 PM

14,266 posts, read 7,863,665 times
Tac-Sea. Good for you for accomplishing so much at such a young age. While you should be proud of yourself you should not let the money define you. Think of it as a tool rather then what you are. What should define you should be what kind of a person you are, not what you have. There is this creepy SOB with a net worth of over 7mil. who was on the news recently because someone was plotting to torture and kill him. Everyone I spoke to about it who knows of this person all said "too bad they didn't finish the job." His money doesn't make him better then anyone. He's just rich low life carried away with his own self importance. I would bet that your friends wife knows exactly what her husband knows about you, and probable see's you as condescending. Two wrongs don't make a right so taking the high road is probably a good idea. Besides the fact that you're really not rich. Bill Gates is rich. Warren Buffet is rich. I would consider you upper middle class. Try and keep it in perspective and strive to be rich. You're headed in the right direction.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:39 AM

8,872 posts, read 13,499,615 times
You really sound well-suited to each other. You both equate earning capacity with human value.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:25 AM

165 posts, read 160,560 times
"For a secretary, she is very condescending." As if that made everyone who does that type of work less intelligent than the next guy. There are Mensa members who have jobs that are not as "good" as yours is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or