Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:13 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,239,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Drop them as friends... they will be better off for it.

Bwahahhahhhhaha. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 05:31 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,988,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
No where in my posts did I even remotely say anything that insinuates such a thing. It's the fact that she talks down to me without cause, as I've repeatedly stated. I also noted that he is making twice the money he was thanks to a job I got him, so you can keep your non sense to yourself, it doesn't apply here. Try to follow along now...

Again, if they were actually doing twice as good as me, I'd accept it. It's the fact that his wife tries to talk to me as if I'm below her and that she's better than me, and of course he sits there and says nothing, knowing the opposite is true.

Forget it, I forgot the majority of people in the world are at the lower incomes and would attack me because the majority of you ARE them. lol

Have a nice day fellas.
Wow! I recant my first comment. You seem to be just like the couple you complain about. Often times the thing that annoys us in others, is the exact thing we need to work on ourselves.

Oh, and your income bracket is nice, but not brag worthy! I thought you were part of the 5-1% by the way you boasted! Get over yourself.

"When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was a fellow burnt out IT worker. After reading your post, I found out that it's not that you don't want to work in IT, it's that you can't find a job anymore.

I'm up there in the pay scales, but can find 90K jobs all day long here in Seattle, which is pretty low for my level of skills and experience. Generally I am more picky about where I work so I hold out for the good gig that pays six figures. Last time I changed jobs I had several six figure offers within a few months. Oddly enough, I recently got a call for a gig in Texas for 130K, but it required me to relocate there, no telecommute. That killed it for me. Also, I've noticed IT seems to be seasonal, I get more responses some parts of the year than I do others."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...l#post35652082

Last edited by kharing; 07-20-2014 at 05:51 AM..

Old 07-20-2014, 06:24 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,041,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Stop hanging around this couple if they annoy you so much. Why associate with people you obviously don't like?
^^This!

Old 07-20-2014, 07:02 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,703,021 times
OP are you on the autism spectrum by some chance?

Old 07-20-2014, 07:22 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,766,870 times
OP:

Exactly what type of responses were you expecting and wanting to get... especially considering all of the information you included in your original post as well as your replies?

Old 07-20-2014, 07:29 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You sound like a 7th-grader.

Seriously, go back and read your post and look at how insecure you sound.
+1. The problem with so many people is that they define achievement/happiness by material possessions. I left an unhappy home life for one that has a lot less money and items filling the house. I have much more happiness and less stuff. As they say, you can't take it with you. So what if someone has more money than you. Get your priorities straight.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:48 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,825,708 times
Op,are you s female?
I could see why she would be jealous of you if you are.
If you are a male,bring your own wife with you when you go around them.

I guess i read this differently than everyone else.

She talks down to you because you do not have a degree. In other words,she thinks you are dumb just because you do not have a degree.
Yet she is not because you are successful another way.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:48 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,387,544 times
What's with all these bizarre "humble brag" posts lately???

"I make seven figures a year, but all these people around me making five figures think they're better than me. My dividends from my investments earn more than all their salaries combined. They think their houses are so great, but my they've never seen my mansion in Tahiti. Why are these peons bragging so much about their accomplishments???"

Old 07-20-2014, 07:57 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,436,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
What's with all these bizarre "humble brag" posts lately???

Maybe it was more acceptable to brag outright when the economy was good. Now people often don't want to hear it (for some odd reason) and gloating when others are struggling is seen as tacky so one has to be more creative in letting everyone know how successful they are.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:11 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,190,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Whatever. What kind of friend lets his wife talk to me like that knowing the whole time that she is wrong and doesn't say anything about it? As far as friends, I'm the one that got him the job he has now, which pays twice what he made at Burger King.

It's funny, you seem jealous. I figured I'd get these kind of responses from the masses. I guess you don't get it either. There is a social status whether you like it or not. It's only those who don't have it that refuse to accept it.
Jealous? Of what? Or should I say whom? You? Your status? Your friends? Your as far as I know imiginary six figure salary?
None of it is impressive to me and I have never been jealous of any other human on the planet.

Don't give yourself so much credit you are some random online poster who can post anything whether it be the truth or not.
You also appear to be self absorbed, arrogant and feel that your friend owes you something and needs to "stick up for you", fight your own battles, find new friends, don't be so sure that those you think are beneath you are actually above you in class and humility and be very careful who you tick off, they could be your boss one of these days.

As far as a "social status" my friends and I don't label ourselves because we just don't care what the rest of the world thinks.
If you would pay attention to those who consider the amount of money you make as pocket change, they don't care about social status either, they don't brag, they don't have oversized homes, they don't drive overpriced vehicles, they don't wear overpriced name brand clothing and they do not expect anything in return when they help someone out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships