Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:33 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times

Advertisements

Not too late to report the rape but it should have been done right away. Do it, don't let it go.

A rape crises hot line may of some help to deal with the after affects but first he needs to be arrested.

Best wishes to you. Very sad story.

I'm thinking this should be in the "True Crime" part of this forum.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:37 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,562 times
I'm sorry this happened to you....please please call the police. If this is for real, this man will do it to others.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:21 AM

49 posts, read 50,076 times
Thank you for the advice everyone. I did go ahead and report the incident today and found the courage to tell my best friend who took me to the hospital for a rape kit. I've also set up some counseling sessions with my old therapist. I'm very afraid about everything that is going to happen at this point but I know this way im going is the right thing to do. I just hope to continue to have courage.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:56 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deelove_08 View Post
Thank you for the advice everyone. I did go ahead and report the incident today and found the courage to tell my best friend who took me to the hospital for a rape kit. I've also set up some counseling sessions with my old therapist. I'm very afraid about everything that is going to happen at this point but I know this way im going is the right thing to do. I just hope to continue to have courage.
You already showed you have plenty of courage because you told someone and reported that animal. You will probably feel more confident after a few counseling sessions with your therapist and I hope you continue to see him/her as long as you need to - this isn't something you are going to get over right away. If I were you, I'd also take a few self defense classes so you'll know how to react if someone ever tries to take advantage of you again. It will also build your confidence. Good luck to you and please let us know when this turns out all right.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:06 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
He also held you against your will, and that's kidnapping. You did the right (& difficult) thing by reporting this to the police. He is a very dangerous individual and needs to be off the streets. You very well may have saved some future victims' life. Very sorry this happened to you, and hope you get the help you need to deal with it.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:11 AM

8,151 posts, read 8,350,911 times
I had a similar experience as a teenager. I wasn't penetrated because also a sibling arrived home and I was able to zoom out of the bedroom and house. It was my friend's older brother who I was flirting with. I was in middle school. I told her but never said a word to anyone else. I was actually physically fighting him off.

But my point is that I told no one else and throughout the years it has haunted me that perhaps other girl(s) were harmed because of my silence.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:20 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,761,557 times
I don't know if you are on birth control pills or if he used a condom. However, if there is a possibility that you could have gotten pregnant, you have just enough time left to go buy and use Plan B. I don't know if that was offered to you at the hospital.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. You're doing the right thing by following through with the police. Don't feel guilty- you did nothing wrong.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:32 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Something terrible happened to you, and you took the first steps to deal with it. Good job! It was very courageous of you to do what you did. Yes, you were raped, and in my opinion it was even more of a violation because it was someone whom you trusted.

Fear and anger are normal after something like this. Please do seek out your closest friends and a therapist to help you. This is not a time to be alone. Please also consider a rape survivor support group - I feel that it might be particularly helpful in the immediate aftermath when you may be feeling adrift amidst the legal issues and emotional turmoil. People who have already dealt with that kind of assault may have some really good and specific insights about avoiding problems and navigating issues they experienced.

I am so sorry this happened to you.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
You already showed you have plenty of courage because you told someone and reported that animal. You will probably feel more confident after a few counseling sessions with your therapist and I hope you continue to see him/her as long as you need to - this isn't something you are going to get over right away. If I were you, I'd also take a few self defense classes so you'll know how to react if someone ever tries to take advantage of you again. It will also build your confidence. Good luck to you and please let us know when this turns out all right.
Thank you. I will look into the self defense classes.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
He also held you against your will, and that's kidnapping. You did the right (& difficult) thing by reporting this to the police. He is a very dangerous individual and needs to be off the streets. You very well may have saved some future victims' life. Very sorry this happened to you, and hope you get the help you need to deal with it.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships