Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 06:53 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,881,978 times

Advertisements

Boundaries. She may be a good friend for some activities, but is clearly not such a great friend in general. So think it over, just as you are doing, and figure out what things seem to set off negative behavior on this girl's part. Those are the situations to avoid

. From what you've shared, it seems like she doesn't keep promises, backs out at the last minute, and is unreliable in general. So, don't invite her for big things like the rafting vacation, or for anything where you'd probably invite someone else if you knew she couldn't make it. Last minute cancellations, unless they are due to emergencies, can be very manipulative and will certainly increase your resentment of this girl jerking you around.

If you want to keep this girl as a casual friend, invite her for group activities and little things at the last minute to avoid cancellations. Eat with her at school occasionally, if you have the same lunch hour, and call or email her once in a while (you know she doesn't like to text, so don't text her and expect a response). Make an effort to make new friends, or to get to know your current friends better, and slowly back off your involvement with this girl. She'll survive, and you'll be happier.

Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:21 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,781,512 times
You sound pretty young ? My guess is that you will outgrow her in favor of some nice friends instead. She has something you need for now so just have some fun while you still enjoy her company. I went through something similar with someone and now I'm glad she's out of my life. Bipolar was an understatement with her. She was downright abusive sometimes. When I matured I realized this wasn't how real friends treat each other. I hope you discover this sooner rather then later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships