Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 06:20 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,830,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm gay and married, but that's a whole different topic lol! But we didn't get married until we'd already been together for 17 years and had kids.
How did you have kids with your gay partner? That is physically impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 07:32 PM

28,109 posts, read 63,506,475 times
Common way is a donor or adopt...

Old 08-07-2014, 07:33 PM

37,091 posts, read 42,078,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Well your assumption is not correct. And if ya'll worry about each other that much to the point you think about it every damn day.......get help. Being alone is a big damn difference than being lonely.
Who says anyone worries to the point where they think about it every damn day? Jesus. People have all sorts of thoughts over time, they express them , and rude people respond ("how dare you think that thought you weirdo"). Just another day on CD.

If you are a parent and never had a worrying thought about your child (regardless of age) I pity you all.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:36 PM

37,091 posts, read 42,078,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Nope. I'm 65 and my relationship with my mid-30s single sons is totally drama-free. My maternal style might best be described as benign neglect.
Probably a good wrap up.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:36 PM

26,689 posts, read 41,612,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
How did you have kids with your gay partner? That is physically impossible.
Ummm........adoption anyone?

Old 08-07-2014, 07:41 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,246,571 times
Hoping he finds someone. I was alone for 15yrs. I told myself I would not go out with anyone unless it was someone I'd consider spending the rest of my life with. I had lots of offers but.... nah. I spent that time submerged in church activities and developed a great relationship with God. Then I met the man of my dreams (I'm female).

Relax!

Old 08-07-2014, 08:06 PM

701 posts, read 1,095,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Maybe I'm just a real oddball, but I don't think most people are constantly afraid of being alone so much that they will just settle for anything.
Yes, well I do think that we're both real oddballs in that respect. I don't mean settling for a particular person you're less than happy with, so much as settling with a life you're less than happy with, just because it's a life everyone else says you're supposed to be happy with.

I can't do that. If it means spending my entire life alone, then so be it.

Though apparently I won't have to. And for that, I really consider myself the luckiest man in the world.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:40 PM

56 posts, read 35,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
but how does one know what the future is going to be like? people can and do change.
People can and do change; but going into a relationship with someone about whom you have doubts, hoping they will change in the future, is not a good idea.

Quote:
i only worry about those times when he feels lonesome.
Feeling lonely at times is a part of being human. Even people who are married can feel lonely, and that might be the worst kind of loneliness there is.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:10 PM

15,858 posts, read 6,928,406 times
Quote:
If you are a parent and never had a worrying thought about your child (regardless of age) I pity you all.
Perfect. Thank you for saying that.
Again i appreciate those of who have responded with honesty and those of who have shared your own stories.
It is not about marriage but a person you share your life with, the comfort of another being to share joy, grief, worries, and build a history with. I would think any mother would want that for her child. It is crazy that so many jump to gender issues. Regardless of sexual orientation i think all of us need that.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:18 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,174,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Read the first sentence of your fourth paragraph. In fact cut it out, make copies of it and paste those copies to every mirror in your house. Look at them daily.

Then find something else to do with your time. Your son is 35- leave him alone. Do not project any of your feelings onto him - just let him be.
^^^Thank you Jesus.

This is me, except the female version - and I don't bring ANYBODY home because they'll ask about them forever, like this poster is doing. I found out my cousin thinks I'm gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships