Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 12:37 PM

38 posts, read 45,416 times

Advertisements

I have a few ex friends and lovers who dumped me from their lives but forgot to drop me as a friend from Facebook. They won't take my calls or answer the door or reply to texts or emails, but they still keep me as Facebook friends.

I have two choices:

1) Post on their Facebook page and say something nasty for all their hundreds of friends to see which will mess with their reputation. Of course once they see the poison pen note on their Facebook page they will drop me as a friend and delete the post before more damage is done.

2) Just watch their life unfold on Facebook and live vicariously through their beautiful and perfect lives. It is my only way to see what they are doing.

Yes, both options don't make me look like anything but a complete nerd, but what can I say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 01:06 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
3) Unfriend them and move on.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:07 PM

336 posts, read 589,656 times
Some keep you on FB just to see what's going on in your live and to creep on anyone new in your life if you share status updates with people tagged.

If I wanted to see what my exes were up to, I'd go with #2.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:09 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things to say View Post
I have a few ex friends and lovers who dumped me from their lives but forgot to drop me as a friend from Facebook. They won't take my calls or answer the door or reply to texts or emails, but they still keep me as Facebook friends.

I have two choices:

1) Post on their Facebook page and say something nasty for all their hundreds of friends to see which will mess with their reputation. Of course once they see the poison pen note on their Facebook page they will drop me as a friend and delete the post before more damage is done.

2) Just watch their life unfold on Facebook and live vicariously through their beautiful and perfect lives. It is my only way to see what they are doing.

Yes, both options don't make me look like anything but a complete nerd, but what can I say?
Here is a novel idea...........

deactivate facebook, find a new hobby, move forward with your own life, seek therapy for all of this revenge you are thinking of.

You should read your words, perhaps it will give you a clue as to why you are the ex.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:10 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,232,605 times
Quote:

I have two choices:

How many days before school starts?

Old 08-11-2014, 02:04 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,368,101 times
Option #3:
Grow up.

Looking at the two other threads you started, you're going to have a very hard time in life unless you can pull yourself together. I really think you would benefit greatly from therapy. Seriously.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,366,101 times
Quote:

I have two choices:

If they are ex-friends that dumped you, why do you care what they are doing? Holding a grudge perhaps?

Contrary to current popular belief, people did manage to survive their daily lives, and be perfectly happy, before Facebook came along. Find something better to do than obsess about non-friends who care nothing about you.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:25 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,939 times
Can't people see who view their profile?

Old 08-11-2014, 03:01 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
3. Unfriend /block them and move on with your life.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Unfriend them. I wouldn't call them ex friends but several on Facebook were close friends as a child and later on we faded from each other's lives. We still like each other, just that our lives were different. A couple exboyfriends are Facebook friends as well. We liked each other just not enough to be friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships