Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 01:45 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times

Advertisements

it looks effin' nasty. there's probably germs breeding there too. You're going to get mold there if they keep dumping that water like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 02:25 PM

85 posts, read 317,464 times
Thank you for your advice thus far. The management is email savvy and has listened to complaints in the past.

I do not wish to engage with the neighbor, as they have repeatedly demonstrated inconsiderate behavior, and even ignored notices from the guard house about parking issues, until the management issued two notices.

Does this issue seem too trivial to report? This is supposed to be a 'luxury' apartment community where once would expect some level of consideration towards neighbors.

Thank you
Andrew

Old 08-14-2014, 02:38 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmillichamp View Post
Thank you for your advice thus far. The management is email savvy and has listened to complaints in the past.

I do not wish to engage with the neighbor, as they have repeatedly demonstrated inconsiderate behavior, and even ignored notices from the guard house about parking issues, until the management issued two notices.

Does this issue seem too trivial to report? This is supposed to be a 'luxury' apartment community where once would expect some level of consideration towards neighbors.

Thank you
Andrew

I would contact the management office and like someone else recommended, take pictures and track dates. "Luxury" for some people only means that they can afford it. It doesn't mean that they have any class. Looks like they're dumping the bucket of water from mopping or cleaning. If they have a pet maybe it's bath water. Either way it's tacky and disgusting. The water can pool under the siding and cause mold. If it's that close to your door, tell them the water nearly hit you or splashed on you.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:39 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
It looks like I'm the only one sitting here thinking "this is really something people get worked up about?!?!"

Old 08-14-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
It looks like I'm the only one sitting here thinking "this is really something people get worked up about?!?!"
People who care about where they live get "worked up" about things like this. When you spend your hard earned money to live in a luxury apartment, you really don't expect to see someone throwing buckets of dirty water outside your doorstep.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
People who care about where they live get "worked up" about things like this. When you spend your hard earned money to live in a luxury apartment, you really don't expect to see someone throwing buckets of dirty water outside your doorstep.
I care about where I live. I care enough to own my home. It's still not something I'd make an issue of.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I care about where I live. I care enough to own my home. It's still not something I'd make an issue of.
Renting or being a home owner shouldn't make a difference. It's your home regardless. I live on Long Island in NY and pay taxes up the whazoo. You think people don't complain to the town if other homes are not maintained? It's the same concept. We spend our hard earned money to live nicely. I think the OP has every right to be upset. I certainly wouldn't like to come home and see a pool of God knows what right outside my front door. In what universe it that acceptable? LOL

Old 08-14-2014, 03:52 PM

404 posts, read 765,915 times
I would have suggested politely asking the upstairs neighbor to dispose of the water/slurry in a manner that doesn't impact you - but since you've indicated you don't wish to engage them directly, I see absolutely no issue with you taking your concerns to management.

Based on the photo, it appears to not simply be water and ice as the neighbor claimed and could present a health and/or safety issue.

Good luck - sorry you've got a nitwit for a neighbor!

Old 08-14-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Renting or being a home owner shouldn't make a difference. It's your home regardless. I live on Long Island in NY and pay taxes up the whazoo. You think people don't complain to the town if other homes are not maintained? It's the same concept. We spend our hard earned money to live nicely. I think the OP has every right to be upset. I certainly wouldn't like to come home and see a pool of God knows what right outside my front door. In what universe it that acceptable? LOL
Some water on the pavement outside my door is not the same as property not being maintained. It's water. It dries.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Some water on the pavement outside my door is not the same as property not being maintained. It's water. It dries.

Someone who throws buckets of dirty water over the railing or down the stairwell has the same mentality of those who don't maintain their property. Yes, it dries, but look at one picture how close the water is to getting under the siding. To each their own but I don't think the OP is wrong for getting upset. I would too. Before I bought my house I used to live in an apartment complex. A woman used to throw dirty water out the window from the 4th floor (we were in the front of the building) and many times it would land on the walkway. The complex kept very nice landscaping and it was getting ruined with the water she was tossing out the window. People complained. I just think it's outright tacky to think it's ok to throw buckets of dirty water like it's her own private backyard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships