U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 09:03 AM

578 posts, read 1,109,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
I live on the first floor of a three floor apt bldg. I get all the junk from above, water, dirt from vacuum cleaners, dirt from plants, cigarette butts, trash, you name it. I don't report it to the office because what can they do.
The management can do plenty of things ... including up to telling them to get out. We had a problem neighbor and after enough complaints, guess what happened? It's just that there needs to be written communication and evidence (on both sides) to show there's a problem in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 10:06 AM
gg

17,931 posts, read 18,261,620 times
It isn't acceptable behavior at all. Tell them to dump it in the toilet or in another area. Goodness, what buffoons.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:38 PM

7,846 posts, read 10,830,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmillichamp View Post
Thanks kharing,

No this is not section 8 housing, it is a rental community, where the typical rent is about $1.25/sq ft. which is typically 25-30% higher than the 'average' in Houston.

The tenants have two newer cars, each about 30-40k, so I would guess they are affluent.

They are a young couple in their late 20s or maybe early 30s.

I found out that last night they dumped their ice box, and yesterday I am not sure, i.e. the photo with the white bits in it.

So, should I let it slide and wait and watch for another incident or inform the management office?

The management office has previously offered me to move to another apartment in this community within my lease, and is willing to waive the transfer fees for moving during the lease.

I am just concerned that I hope I do not move to an apartment with less considerate neighbors than these, since I do not know who the neighbors are...unless I go and meet them before hand.

Thank you,
Andrew
Andrew, what do you mean they dumped their ice box? Do you mean a cooler? I've dumped coolers with water and ice and it never looked like that. One of the pictures looks soapy.

You've already mentioned it to the management office. I'd let it go for now but keep track if it continues. Good luck!

Old 08-17-2014, 10:55 PM

85 posts, read 211,727 times
Hello,

Sorry for being offline. I thought I would let the issue slide, but unfortunately it happened once again. So it has happened thrice in the last 5 days at different times.

While the courtesy guard has spoken to the responsible tenant twice, I think it is time to inform the management office...

Will keep you posted.

Thank you!
Andrew

Old 08-18-2014, 09:40 AM

17,053 posts, read 17,369,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Andrew, what do you mean they dumped their ice box? Do you mean a cooler? I've dumped coolers with water and ice and it never looked like that. One of the pictures looks soapy.

You've already mentioned it to the management office. I'd let it go for now but keep track if it continues. Good luck!
Is it possible that a cleaning lady dumped out buckets of soapy water from washing the floor?

Old 08-18-2014, 09:50 AM

17,053 posts, read 17,369,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmillichamp View Post
Hello,

Sorry for being offline. I thought I would let the issue slide, but unfortunately it happened once again. So it has happened thrice in the last 5 days at different times.

While the courtesy guard has spoken to the responsible tenant twice, I think it is time to inform the management office...

Will keep you posted.

Thank you!
Andrew
I agree that you should tell the management office, include the dates and times that it happened, and include the photographs. Write a brief explanation expressing your concern about either you or a guest slipping and falling due to whatever they dumped. If you actually saw ice cubes I would mention that, as slipping on an unseen ice cube could be extremely dangerous if you or a guest to the apartment complex or an employee of the complex fell and hit their head on the cement pathway.

I would emphasize the safety problem but you could also have one sentence about how unattractive and messy it looks to renters, visitors and perspective renters on areas owned and maintained by the apartment company.

I bet that once management even starts to think that one of their employees could be injured or they could lose prospective renters or they could be sued by someone getting injured they will talk to the people throwing out the water.

Make a photo copy of everything that you give to management or send it in an email and save copies of everything.

Good luck.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:52 AM

7,423 posts, read 12,952,257 times
I agree with talking to the neighbors first. They might not like you talking to them about it or they might go along with you. but there are people who will be more upset that you skipped them and went right over their head, getting points against them with the management.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:48 AM

85 posts, read 211,727 times
Hello,

Thank you for your advice. I did email the management office following last night's incident and am awaiting their reply.

I should have included the points about the unattractiveness of the property as well as the risks it poses, but I just mention a brief comment about me not being liable for any injury or damage that occurs due to these actions.

If I do not hear back within a week, I will follow up with another email...so let's hope they take action.

The water is coming from the neighbors themselves, they have been spoken to twice by the courtesy guard, and not denied it, but, do not respect his authority I guess.

The same thing happened in the past when they were parking on the curb and blocking exit/entry to the entrance to my apartment and did not heed to the courtesy guards warning, as well as a verbal warning from the management office.

Only after they were issued a lease violation by the management office, did they partially correct their problem.

In my opinion it is was best to inform the management office rather than try and reason with the individuals responsible for these actions.

Let's hope it gets resolved!!

Thank you
Andrew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or