Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:04 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I mentioned this earlier but this situation happened a few years ago. Because the director is laid back (and contrary to many they aren't pushing me out, that's just people being jerks)she allowed another mother to co teach. The real teacher quit, the mom took over and the kids learned nothing because it was all about the kid. The mom didn't even do the required 6 hours. She ended up quitting and the other teacher came back with a reassurance this wouldn't happen again to her. What we also forget is these moms will allow their kids to do anything but attack other kids. Let's say this girl is a bad kid (not likely but using a point)she gets in a fight with another kid. Her mom will be "not my kid". Because I am a bystander I can see that she was the one to blame.

So if this has happened before why did they not learn a lesson from that?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:06 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree with phonelady61. I think that some of the posters who are saying "let the mom have input", "let the mom co-teach" have not had to deal with extreme helicopter parents (which, I think this mother is). Luckily, they are a tiny minority but they can wreak havoc on the other children as well as causing long term problems for their own child.
How can you be an instrument of God's love and peace by pushing this issue away or being angry about it? Doesn't any practicing Christian really believe God is working daily in their lives in all things?

I mean, isn't that the whole purpose of religious education? Seems a lot of folks here are so caught up in the worldly aspects of this they've lost track of the scripture that will guide them in how to handle it. The answers are all there.

Playing god? I know better how to handle this than God does.

There are a number, though small, of voices suggesting that the purpose of church is to train a
Christian in Christian behavior. If any one here is actually praying the words, "Thy will be done" and "give us this day our daily bread," why don't you be still and believe that you are receiving it?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:18 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Exactly. I guarantee the same people calling me names (which is very un Christian but I think they are troublemakers)would not like it if someone butted into a project at work. That's troubling as is the fact this mother is going to hover over the kid and it will become about her.

Yeah I'm going to and I think we all know this answer. The church has a hard time getting teachers and they often ask the parents and most make excuses.
You ASKED. You came here and made a thread about it. "Am I over-reacting?"
Apparently, you only want to hear from the people who will pat you on the back and agree that you're so hard done by.
If someone disagrees or has a different viewpoint, they're un Christian and troublemakers.
It gives us a clearer look into your psyche. The church is better off without you.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:32 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
I mentioned this earlier but this situation happened a few years ago. Because the director is laid back (and contrary to many they aren't pushing me out, that's just people being jerks)she allowed another mother to co teach. The real teacher quit, the mom took over and the kids learned nothing because it was all about the kid. The mom didn't even do the required 6 hours. She ended up quitting and the other teacher came back with a reassurance this wouldn't happen again to her. What we also forget is these moms will allow their kids to do anything but attack other kids. Let's say this girl is a bad kid (not likely but using a point)she gets in a fight with another kid. Her mom will be "not my kid". Because I am a bystander I can see that she was the one to blame.
Just because one mom behaved that way, doesn't mean all moms will act the same way in the classroom. Nobody came out of the womb volunteering, not even you. This woman is willing to invest her time, are you going to give her a chance?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:43 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Are you still going to see the Director and Deacon today?

I still don't understand what you are teaching. You are catechist certified but not teaching catechism? Are you teaching FF or RE?
I teach kids before the sacraments. I was supposed to today to a mass but it was cancelled so I'm going in there tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
So if this has happened before why did they not learn a lesson from that?
That's what I don't get. This has been a problem before, yet they allowed it to happen again. I don't think it has anything to do with me but rather telling a mom she could have her way. For all I know, she could be a big money contributor or maybe she gets something for teaching, like credit for college.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:47 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Is the church putting God or the children first ? no they are putting this mommy dearest first ...this church should also learn that they have an excellent teacher here and they are doing her very unchristian like .

How so? Has the OP asked the Director anything about the woman? Has the OP talked to the woman at all except to be rude to her? No. The OP has done nothing but handle the situation horribly. She has not made her feelings known in a mature way at all.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:52 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
How so? Has the OP asked the Director anything about the woman? Has the OP talked to the woman at all except to be rude to her? No. The OP has done nothing but handle the situation horribly. She has not made her feelings known in a mature way at all.
If you read, I have stated I have spoken to the director about this woman. The director assured me she likes my work and she is an assistant. It is obvious that either she thinks she is a teacher at church or is a teacher.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:01 PM

522 posts, read 721,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Please don't believe that all Catechism Teachers are like the original poster, most of them are there purely for the gift they can give the children and it is all about the children not their own ego boost.
I do not follow the teaching of the Christian deity. But I've tried to visit churches here in the US out of curiosity, and people like OP appear to be a very common plague on your communities consistently.

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-03-2014 at 01:25 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 02:16 PM

44,357 posts, read 20,063,008 times
This thread has been cleaned up four times. Off-topic posts and personal attacks have been deleted. The same things are being said over and over again, ad nauseam, and the thread continues to go downhill. It's time to lock it.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships