Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,079 times

Advertisements

A couple at my church recently had a wedding and when I saw the pictures on Facebook it looked like I was the only one not invited. I even saw this a pic of this girl that they just met three weeks ago that just started coming to my church at the wedding. Did they really invite someone they had just met three weeks before their wedding to their wedding and not me? I have been going there a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 06:12 PM

9,875 posts, read 14,116,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgabashra View Post
A couple at my church recently had a wedding and when I saw the pictures on Facebook it looked like I was the only one not invited. I even saw this a pic of this girl that they just met three weeks ago that just started coming to my church at the wedding. Did they really invite someone they had just met three weeks before their wedding to their wedding and not me? I have been going there a year.
How close were you to this couple? Just because you go to the same church doesn't mean they should feel obligated to invite you to the wedding. I'm guessing they were much closer to all of the poeple invited. This includes the "new girl". Maybe they knew her before, or maybe they have become extremely close in three weeks.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:50 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Are you sure you didn't miss an invite issued to the entire church? Where I grew up, people typically did that - would invite the entire church, usually by having it put in the church bulletin, or sometimes the minister would announce the invite.

Just a thought.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:59 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,299,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Are you sure you didn't miss an invite issued to the entire church? Where I grew up, people typically did that - would invite the entire church, usually by having it put in the church bulletin, or sometimes the minister would announce the invite.

Just a thought.

By George! I think anifani has got it!

Old 09-09-2014, 09:03 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,308,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Just a thought.
That is what couples in our Church do.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:17 PM

18 posts, read 21,073 times
Quote:
And this matters...why?

Old 09-10-2014, 03:16 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,009,398 times
Quote:
If I were you I would not bother.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:48 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
You are going to be "not invited" to many weddings in your life.
You will have to learn to deal with it....

Old 09-10-2014, 09:12 AM

734 posts, read 1,081,599 times
The same thing happened to me. A chick who worked in the office next to ours was getting married. Every one of my co-workers were invited to the wedding except for me and my manager. She used to come in every day and chat with everyone. I assumed we were cool. Obviously we weren't.

Maybe she thought the groom might be checking you out on the sly. LOL. Anyway, don't worry about it. I learned a long time ago not to GAF about people not liking me. Forget 'em.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:53 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,647,406 times
Maybe you were in the ladies room when the announcement was read, or didn't go to church that particular Sunday. If you saw everybody from your church in the picture, then most likely the church got an invite as a whole. Don't take it personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships