Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2014, 04:18 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winrunner View Post
OMG I remember Teen Beat, Tiger Beat and my cousins going crazy over Leif Garrett
Exactly! Lol.... That was earlier, though. Later it was more about fashion and makeup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 05:58 PM

2,322 posts, read 923,291 times
I remember call boxes similar to this because the emergency 9-1-1 system wasn't around:

I remember being my father's remote control for the television set.

Judging how far up the social status ladder we were by the length of the handset cord of the kitchen phone.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:20 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
luvmyhoss Orange sherbet dipped in dark chocolate.
I never had that?

Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
We'd go park by the airport fence, and watch the incoming planes go over our car just before they hit the runway.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:05 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Sorry to start on a sad note. After my grandmother died, my mother told me that I was her favorite grandchild. Some of them lived far away and she didn't know them well. Many were full or energy and a bit wild. She and I spent a lot of time together. I watched and helped her make soup, bake pies. I sat with her when she was ill. I was seven years old! I loved spending time with her.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:02 AM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winrunner View Post
I remember call boxes similar to this because the emergency 9-1-1 system wasn't around:

I remember being my father's remote control for the television set.

Judging how far up the social status ladder we were by the length of the handset cord of the kitchen phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We'd go park by the airport fence, and watch the incoming planes go over our car just before they hit the runway.
I once had this great idea to have lunch at the airport on their outside patio and watch the planes come in and take off. Well, it was veeery hot, we didn't get much plane action, and the bill ended up being around 80 bucks. So much for that great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Sorry to start on a sad note. After my grandmother died, my mother told me that I was her favorite grandchild. Some of them lived far away and she didn't know them well. Many were full or energy and a bit wild. She and I spent a lot of time together. I watched and helped her make soup, bake pies. I sat with her when she was ill. I was seven years old! I loved spending time with her.
Nice story, Gerania. The fact that you can think of her while making soup and pies, is awesome, I think.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:34 AM

does anyone remember those great multi colored bubble lights on the christmas trees?

Old 09-14-2014, 07:43 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,771,202 times
The part I seemed to like the most as a kid was either playing outside in the woods or swimming. Rather mention the fun stuff. There were good and bad memories for me with my childhood.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
The part I seemed to like the most as a kid was either playing outside in the woods or swimming. Rather mention the fun stuff. There were good and bad memories for me with my childhood.
me to, loved being outside and mostly swimming. What I don't remember and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but playing outside and in the woods as much as we did, I don't seem to remember ticks being such a threat to us or there being nearly as many as there are now, and maybe that was because, they sprayed our town weekly against mosquitoes and it may have also killed a lot of ticks?

Old 09-14-2014, 08:09 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
me to, loved being outside and mostly swimming. What I don't remember and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but playing outside and in the woods as much as we did, I don't seem to remember ticks being such a threat to us or there being nearly as many as there are now, and maybe that was because, they sprayed our town weekly against mosquitoes and it may have also killed a lot of ticks?
I don't know, but OMG I am remembering gangs of us riding our bikes back and forth through the "Mosquito Man's" toxic cloud. We were as excited to see him coming as the ice cream man...."It's the Mosquito Man!!" Wonder what damage we did to ourselves, and if that has anything to do with my forgetting what I've come into the room for now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships