Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times

Advertisements

I like the rubber ducky idea, do it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 11:43 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What a great idea!!! I love basket gifts. Not sure about the ducky, though....that would be more appropriate for a bath themed basket. If you can find a cheap one, an old washboard would make a humorous addition. I'd definitely add some niceties like scented linen spray, some carbona stain removers and a few other laundry items that she may not buy herself but would be nice to have.
Agree with this--the duck doesn't fit the theme really. I would also not put laundry soaps or softeners in it. Most people I know are pretty particular about brand preferences--especially softeners. You could change the theme to "clothing/closet" things such as some nice wood hangars, a few fancy padded hangars for lingerie, perhaps a shoe organizer or something similar one would find near a laundry basket. (I am assuming one keeps the laundry basket in/near a closet here)

You also might fill it with other small cleaning items such as scrub brushes, nice microfiber cleaning towels, some kind of duster, etc.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:48 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespykidinseattle View Post
My best friend of about 7 years is having her bridal shower on Sunday.

Everyone in her family knows me as the one who always gets silly gifts, but meaningful at the same time.

In her registry, she asked for a laundry basket. Just a regular plain laundry basket.

I was thinking of getting that, and filling it with laundry essentials; IE detergent, fabric softener, etc. And adding some rubber duckies, a towel set, and a few other things.

Now this being a formal event, would it be too childish?
Not childish at all! I've been to several bridal showers where a laundry basket was filled with towels and household items. Getting started and buying all those products can be pricey so giving that as a gift is a great idea. I think the rubber duckies are a cute addition, formal or not

Old 09-12-2014, 12:00 PM

284 posts, read 379,175 times
Sounds ducky to me!

Old 09-12-2014, 12:23 PM

277 posts, read 327,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespykidinseattle View Post
My best friend of about 7 years is having her bridal shower on Sunday.

Everyone in her family knows me as the one who always gets silly gifts, but meaningful at the same time.

In her registry, she asked for a laundry basket. Just a regular plain laundry basket.

I was thinking of getting that, and filling it with laundry essentials; IE detergent, fabric softener, etc. And adding some rubber duckies, a towel set, and a few other things.

Now this being a formal event, would it be too childish?

I think your idea of additions is the icing on the cake. Well thought out - go for it.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:26 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
The rubber ducky is charming, and sure to get a few laughs. The embellishment of the gift with your thoughtful additions, and humor would be well received, even if it were held at a country club. I'd say that it was a very well done gift, personalized to your friend.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 09-12-2014, 09:23 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times
It may be too late, but...

It's true the rubber ducky doesn't fit the "laundry" theme but it's cute anyway. And if you really want to get silly with following the bath theme, put a bag of dried beans in a nice bag and stick a label on it that says "Hillbilly Bubble Bath".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships