Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 AM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times

Advertisements

We get it!
For 4 months - years ago - you worked "a JOB" with people younger than you, who you have not kept in touch with in the ensuing years, and with whom you now want a Facebook relationship - after stalking them on Facebook.

If they don't want that too.... let them be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 12:00 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,432,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senecaman View Post
Ever send out friend request to people you know and then wished you hadn't since they won't respond?
If they don't respond, who cares? I've sent out a couple of requests that I never got replies to, and there's this one whack job of a girl at work whose request I've managed to ignore. So what?

Old 09-17-2014, 12:06 PM

719 posts, read 1,059,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
We get it!
For 4 months - years ago - you worked "a JOB" with people younger than you, who you have not kept in touch with in the ensuing years, and with whom you now want a Facebook relationship - after stalking them on Facebook.

If they don't want that too.... let them be!
I sent this message to Pitt Chick in private BUT I am going to post it here.It needs to be posted.I think she is just someone looking for a fight and I don't care to be insulted by her anymore. This is exactly what I sent her.

"Your the one who is the stalker.I sent 1 friend request and they have all been withdrawn but one. Give it a rest with the stalker language.You and your ilk here are just typical Citydata point scorers who LIVE to rebutt someones post. You look for them.I didn't stalk anyone and I haven't sent anyone another request .You have no point whatsoever about any of them being younger than I am.Some of them are over 35 and some are married now with kids.They are not children! And I am not looking to get anything from them.Not money or a job.Some of you just have these preset facebook rules about who should be able to contact who.I think the argument here is that I did something on facebook that doesn't jive with YOUR way of how things should be done."

Old 09-17-2014, 12:07 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
LOL!

Now everyone knows why your friend requests have not been answered....

Old 09-17-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
If they don't respond, who cares? I've sent out a couple of requests that I never got replies to, and there's this one whack job of a girl at work whose request I've managed to ignore. So what?
I withdrew all but one of the friend requests.Moving on here. I actually met someone at my local gym who seems to be into politics. One door closes and another opens I guess.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:13 PM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
I withdrew all but one of the friend requests.Moving on here. I actually met someone at my local gym who seems to be into politics. One door closes and another opens I guess.
Good because you seemed to be really stressed over friend requests that were either not seen or ignored.
Totally 16 year old girl drama

Old 09-17-2014, 12:17 PM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
I sent this message to Pitt Chick in private BUT I am going to post it here.It needs to be posted.I think she is just someone looking for a fight and I don't care to be insulted by her anymore. This is exactly what I sent her.

"Your the one who is the stalker.I sent 1 friend request and they have all been withdrawn but one. Give it a rest with the stalker language.You and your ilk here are just typical Citydata point scorers who LIVE to rebutt someones post. You look for them.I didn't stalk anyone and I haven't sent anyone another request .You have no point whatsoever about any of them being younger than I am.Some of them are over 35 and some are married now with kids.They are not children! And I am not looking to get anything from them.Not money or a job.Some of you just have these preset facebook rules about who should be able to contact who.I think the argument here is that I did something on facebook that doesn't jive with YOUR way of how things should be done."

Nope you didn't do something that doesn't jive at all.
It's the after the fact that a grown up man would be stressed, upset______ insert whatever word you want that people didn't accept your friend request for whatever reason.....

Old 09-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Good because you seemed to be really stressed over friend requests that were either not seen or ignored.
Totally 16 year old girl drama
I was upset about not getting a friend request back yesturday but now I just don't care to be called a stalker repeatedly or be made to believe what I did was so unusual.I only sent them one message and that was it and now they have been withdrawn.I see no reason why that makes me a psychopath. All I have heard is what basically amount to "You should never have contacted them EVER because you are A-older than they are, B -you haven't spoken to them in a long time.So I am now much less upset with not hearing from them than catching this flack for daring to try to contact them at all and being called a stalker. Using this line of logic anyone who looks up someone they knew in the past on facebook is a stalker and a lot of people would never try to contact each other ever again. Like I said several of these people are married now(which I saw on their facebook page which they allow anyone to see) and in some cases they put their kids pictures on their FB pages. So I don't see the point of trying to make it look like I am stalking teenage girls or something. They are all adults and most of them were guys.They were the ones who got married and put their kids pictures on their facebook pages-I just wanted to catch up and give them some congrats-no need to make this into a conspriracy theory.

So if we are just talking about getting over not hearing from them and to withdraw my friend requests I have done that. But if this is about trying to convince me that I stalked these people and that I had no business of ever contacting them then you will get an argument from me. And that's what some of the post here have insinuated. Post 51 is a good example.

Last edited by senecaman; 09-17-2014 at 01:22 PM..

Old 09-17-2014, 04:25 PM

9,085 posts, read 6,308,684 times
Quote:
Rah Rah the forces of darkness and suspicion prevail! How dare we contact someone from our past on FB? The nerve of it! Sorry folks but this is all just digital age anti socialness and its just strengthening the barriers between us.
Wow! Does anyone else see the irony of the OP using the most anti-social communication method and then calling people anti-social when they don't respond via that medium? Pick up a phone and call or send a text message or better yet write an email or an old-fashioned heartfelt letter.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Wow! Does anyone else see the irony of the OP using the most anti-social communication method and then calling people anti-social when they don't respond via that medium? Pick up a phone and call or send a text message or better yet write an email or an old-fashioned heartfelt letter.
I don't have any of their addresses emails or phone numbers except for one and that's an old number.By anti social I meant the ones here who have basically told me that I had no business contacting those people in the first place-that it was all too far in the past or that our connection was too slight.I was not referring to the ones I hadn't heard back from.And read what I said in post 58.Thats what this disagreement is about now .Maybe you see FB as antisocial and its not my preferred way of communication but what in gods name makes me bad for using it? I saw these peoples pictures and just a little what they had going on in there lives so I sent a message and a friend request.I'm sorry but big deal.I haven't sent them anything else so their lives continue on just fine.I did nothing wrong.

Last edited by senecaman; 09-17-2014 at 04:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships