U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-29-2014, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Houston, USA
1,780 posts, read 923,107 times
Reputation: 9738

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Really? I thought that's where you got your username from! Unless you're yankin' my chain? LOL


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzolCu-QLw0


Unfortunately I can't find a clip of when he goes into the diner and says, "Large Marge sent me"
I'm chain yankin'.

 
Old 09-29-2014, 02:07 PM
 
2,418 posts, read 3,501,998 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
I'm chain yankin'.
I had no idea where that username came from. Cool to know.

When looking at the youtube embedded in the post, I thought I was looking at Aunt Bea from Andy Griffith Show.
 
Old 09-29-2014, 02:09 PM
 
2,418 posts, read 3,501,998 times
Reputation: 1833
Another annoying thing on Facebook is when someone posts about 10 pictures of the exact same thing. You have to look closely to see if any differences....i.e. head slightly bent in one and not the other, hair strand blowing in wind differently in one and not the others and that type thing.

It reminds me of when younger and had two pics that looked the same and you had to find at least 10 things that were different.

Why post so many pics of the exact same thing, same poses, same backgrounds, same people in pic, etc. when one pic will do just fine.
 
Old 09-29-2014, 06:52 PM
 
366 posts, read 299,081 times
Reputation: 806
I have defriended a few people that I have known since childhood, who's only posts consisted of gun rights, Obama hatred, worship at the church of Sarah Palin, etc...

Everyone has a right to their opinions, but if that is ALL you post, you will be unfriended....or unfollowed.

Also...

People who give play by play updates of football games..which I care nothing about

People who post pictures of their children's open wounds, or pics of them on an Emergency room gurney.

People who go on endlessly about how wonderful their spouse is, and post pictures of the breakfast in bed feast that was prepared by said spouse, roses delivered to work, etc...
 
Old 09-29-2014, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 192,402 times
Reputation: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Another annoying thing on Facebook is when someone posts about 10 pictures of the exact same thing. You have to look closely to see if any differences....i.e. head slightly bent in one and not the other, hair strand blowing in wind differently in one and not the others and that type thing.

It reminds me of when younger and had two pics that looked the same and you had to find at least 10 things that were different.

Why post so many pics of the exact same thing, same poses, same backgrounds, same people in pic, etc. when one pic will do just fine.
I have a librarian friend who does this with her cat. Cat waking up. Cat going to sleep. Cat eating. Cat thinking about eating. Cat full. Cat on floor. On chair. On counter. In litter box. At window. At play. At rest. Feeling under the weather. Feeling better. Day after day, year after year. Cat cat cat cat cat.
 
Old 09-29-2014, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
1,169 posts, read 1,471,825 times
Reputation: 1783
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Thank you thank you thank you. Enough already indeed.

This one lady has 6 grandkids and fills her Facebook almost daily with pics of them walking to the bus stop, playing in the yard, playing with the dog, walking across the floor, etc. We get it, they are young children and your offspring and they are adorable but get a life outside grandkids also.
One of my friends has his first grandson. He posts tons of pictures every day looking down at the baby on his lap. Same damn expression in every single one!!

Another pet peeve is people who share your pictures. I have my profile set to friends only, but every now and then someone will share my status or a picture. I don't have grandchildren yet, but it really makes me not want to post pictures of them when I do!
 
Old 09-30-2014, 06:25 AM
 
Location: zone 5
7,330 posts, read 13,195,295 times
Reputation: 9611
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
One of my friends has his first grandson. He posts tons of pictures every day looking down at the baby on his lap. Same damn expression in every single one!!

Another pet peeve is people who share your pictures. I have my profile set to friends only, but every now and then someone will share my status or a picture. I don't have grandchildren yet, but it really makes me not want to post pictures of them when I do!
If the post or picture is set to friends only, the shared picture will only be seen by mutual friends. This is true even if the picture says it's set to public on their timeline.
 
Old 10-01-2014, 08:13 AM
 
Location: South Florida
1,007 posts, read 864,772 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Why post so many pics of the exact same thing, same poses, same backgrounds, same people in pic, etc. when one pic will do just fine.
I always assumed these were just a matter of the person being too lazy to edit the pics and just dumping everything from their phone/SD card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekab23 View Post
People who give play by play updates of football games..which I care nothing about Yep...everyone who cares is watching the game or at the game.

People who post pictures of their children's open wounds, or pics of them on an Emergency room gurney. I don't mind these but only nurses appreciate these .. a warning to others who will be grossed out by them would be courteous

People who go on endlessly about how wonderful their spouse is, and post pictures of the breakfast in bed feast that was prepared by said spouse, roses delivered to work, etc...

Ewww .. especially the breakfast in bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
I have a librarian friend who does this with her cat. Cat waking up. Cat going to sleep. Cat eating. Cat thinking about eating. Cat full. Cat on floor. On chair. On counter. In litter box. At window. At play. At rest. Feeling under the weather. Feeling better. Day after day, year after year. Cat cat cat cat cat.
OK, this is a bit terrifying.

I love this thread. I can relate to almost everything here and I needed the laugh with my coffee this morning.
 
Old 10-01-2014, 06:47 PM
 
448 posts, read 420,020 times
Reputation: 724
Amongst the annoying Facebook people are those that are not on Facebook but feel the need to make sarcastic remarks about those of us who are. Some of us find Facebook rather useful to stay connected with friends and family that we actually want to stay connected with. Having gone to college in Utah and now living in LA, the only way I'm able to connect with many of my college buds are via Facebook. I also have a lot of family out in PA and don't talk to them regularly so seeing what they're up to on Facebook at least keeps me in the loop in their lives.

And sure, there are many, many, people that are annoying annoying on Facebook for a myriad of different reasons including the Facebook trends that I never care for (what color is your bra, ice bucket challenge, etc., and who could forget those stupid games they play) but setting their updates to ignore is not terribly burdensome when I consider the benefits.
 
Old 10-01-2014, 07:14 PM
 
Location: SC
2,967 posts, read 4,173,229 times
Reputation: 6825
This is fun to read. I recognize so many. Here is one that has not been mentioned:

I have one friend who hates her job and because of this, has turned into a human Facebook daily calendar reminder. Everyday her single post for the day is something like:

"Oh Monday, you came too soon " "Tuesday is here, yay! Its no longer Monday!" "Hump Day!" Thursday is here! Week is half over!" "TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm outta the office!" "Spending a great Sat with hubby! No work!" Sunday, why did you come too soon, back to work tomorrow!"

She has been posting these daily updates for YEARS and it always has some underlying reference to her job that she hates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:47 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top