Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 02:07 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,199,011 times

Advertisements

I made a Facebook. I added some aunts and now every status that I make, they message me and ask me all about the status.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:35 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,154,894 times
I love this thread. It's hilarious! I agree with everything that has been mentioned these past 28 pages. Probably my top list of annoying Facebook things at the moment are:

1. Selfies. I can totally understand a few here and there, but people who put up daily selfies of themselves are on the top of my annoying list. There is no context to the picture either, it's just a close up of the face. Trust me, I know what you look like after the 10,478 pictures of yourself that have danced across my screen. Constant couple selfies are even worse.

2. Public Spouse Adoration. The only people I know who do this are those who have relationship issues.

3. Pictures Of Food. You are not a professional photographer and that food barely looks edible.

4. Little Kid Pics. I have a friend with 3 very, very cute little kids. I would love to see a pic of them once and a while, but she posts several of them every single day. Every picture she snaps on her smart phone goes up on the newsfeed with a long series of hashtags.

5. Sharing Private Conversations. This REALLY bothers me. Parents who have a conversation with their teen and then share the contents on Facebook, so we can all know what a world changer they are raising. I cannot imagine even contemplating sharing the deep conversations I have with my teenagers with the whole world.

6. Workouts. I have a smart phone and the map-my-run app. When my work out is over it asks if I want to share it on Facebook. NO! It seems many people choose YES!

Old 10-13-2014, 03:48 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
I love this thread. It's hilarious! I agree with everything that has been mentioned these past 28 pages. Probably my top list of annoying Facebook things at the moment are:

1. Selfies. I can totally understand a few here and there, but people who put up daily selfies of themselves are on the top of my annoying list. There is no context to the picture either, it's just a close up of the face. Trust me, I know what you look like after the 10,478 pictures of yourself that have danced across my screen. Constant couple selfies are even worse.

2. Public Spouse Adoration. The only people I know who do this are those who have relationship issues.

3. Pictures Of Food. You are not a professional photographer and that food barely looks edible.

4. Little Kid Pics. I have a friend with 3 very, very cute little kids. I would love to see a pic of them once and a while, but she posts several of them every single day. Every picture she snaps on her smart phone goes up on the newsfeed with a long series of hashtags.

5. Sharing Private Conversations. This REALLY bothers me. Parents who have a conversation with their teen and then share the contents on Facebook, so we can all know what a world changer they are raising. I cannot imagine even contemplating sharing the deep conversations I have with my teenagers with the whole world.

6. Workouts. I have a smart phone and the map-my-run app. When my work out is over it asks if I want to share it on Facebook. NO! It seems many people choose YES!
Ugh I hate number 4. My older sister does this all the time and I am now getting fed up! They make it look like there is nothing as good as their children!!

I have seen better looking children than some of the pictures posted.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:23 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,122,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I had a friend who recently met a nice girl and decided to post their whole date on FB? The restaurant they were eating at and then the movie theater? The fact that he is over 40 made it look a little weird
Did he get a second date? I would think this would really freak the woman out. If I was on a date and someone kept taking pics and posting on FB, I might wanna run. You will have to see if he posts another whole date on there.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
Did he get a second date? I would think this would really freak the woman out. If I was on a date and someone kept taking pics and posting on FB, I might wanna run. You will have to see if he posts another whole date on there.
They appear to be dating. Looks like he met her in the summer time but they are both in their 40's so it looks a little goofy lol

Old 10-13-2014, 06:06 PM

3,156 posts, read 3,340,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post

#2 I gotta agree too. The ones that are "over-the-top" about posting their "love story" more times than not are lying about how things really are. Once had a close friend posted engagement pics and acted so happy, literally a week later, maybe less, they broke up. She's a trainwreck when it comes to relationships. Then, she married a man that only lasted barely a year. She post pics or statuses how happy with her man then boom outta nowhere she's single again

Old 10-13-2014, 10:07 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,319,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
Amongst the annoying Facebook people are those that are not on Facebook but feel the need to make sarcastic remarks about those of us who are. Some of us find Facebook rather useful to stay connected with friends and family that we actually want to stay connected with.
Yep. Just got home from a reunion weekend with family that occurred because us cousins got back in touch with each other thanks to Facebook. It was said several times we wished Facebook had been around 30 years ago. We wouldn't have so easily lost touch, and all those years together.

Facebook is just a tool. If you don't use the tool correctly to suit your needs, you're going to get bad results. And, some people just don't need the tool at all. Nothing wrong with that. Why folks have to be so resentful about it is lost on me.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:10 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,319,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I want to know how FB became a site to show how good your life is? lol Why can't all people post about these things that would always PREVENT drama

Food
Movies
TV shows
Radio
Sports
Technology
Weather

Never understood why the things below are talked about for everyone to know your business

Job status
Relationship status
Family Drama
Medical Issues
Political Views
All my Facebook friends have conversations in your top list. Folks who fell into the bottom list were taken off my news feed. Problem solved.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
All my Facebook friends have conversations in your top list. Folks who fell into the bottom list were taken off my news feed. Problem solved.

I also like to be informative and post stats about sales and discounts at local stores

Old 10-14-2014, 08:03 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,088,222 times
I feel sick. A FB 'friend' who usually posts jokes and funny video's posted a vid today saying it was a video of a guy getting his head blown off.

I thought it was a joke and I watched it.

It turned out to be a real video of a guy committing suicide.

ohmygod. I'm shocked and sickened by the sight and the sounds. I can't get it out of my mind.

My grandson looks at my page sometimes. ohmygod. I'm still in shock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.