U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 08:26 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,816,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
I feel sick. A FB 'friend' who usually posts jokes and funny video's posted a vid today saying it was a video of a guy getting his head blown off.

I thought it was a joke and I watched it.

It turned out to be a real video of a guy committing suicide.

ohmygod. I'm shocked and sickened by the sight and the sounds. I can't get it out of my mind.

My grandson looks at my page sometimes. ohmygod. I'm still in shock.
I typically don't "unfriend" people because of what they post. I just hide their posts from my newsfeed if I don't like them. But something like that would mean automatic unfriending. It amazes me the kinds of things people think are okay to share.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:57 AM

2,620 posts, read 2,512,907 times
Quote:
I feel sick. A FB 'friend' who usually posts jokes and funny video's posted a vid today saying it was a video of a guy getting his head blown off.

ohmygod. I'm shocked and sickened by the sight and the sounds. I can't get it out of my mind.

That friend would be removed from my news feed.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:01 AM

1,723 posts, read 3,359,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
That friend would be removed from my news feed.
I did. I really can't believe he posted something so horrible and without any warnings.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:09 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,585,736 times
Relatives who carry stories about my statuses.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:11 AM

165 posts, read 160,751 times
I don't particularly want to share photos or sayings that go along with other people's personal crusades. For some reason seeing these makes me uncomfortable.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:25 AM

7,330 posts, read 13,189,695 times
Quote:

That really has to be the worst example of bad facebook posts on the thread. I usually just hide annoying people from my newsfeed, but I would unfriend that person immediately. I wonder how many people did.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:45 PM

1,007 posts, read 864,374 times
Quote:

This is way beyond annoying. This is downright sick!

Old 10-14-2014, 05:18 PM
FBJ

39,611 posts, read 50,177,126 times
people who want to be experts on life after they find a job. They forgot they were unemployed for months.

Now I was unemployed for a year but don't go FB preaching about what someone should do to better their life

Old 10-14-2014, 07:07 PM

9,580 posts, read 5,776,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
The thing that annoys me most about facebook is the people who feel that by not using it they are somehow superior to those who do. And they can't seem to resist letting you know that they don't do facebook. Heck, there are posts by people in this very thread bragging about how they don't have facebook. Why? Why would you even click on a thread about facebook if you're so against it?
I can only speak for myself but I find the impact that Facebook is having on our culture and our society at large both fascinating and deeply concerning. I used to have an account. I get why people like it. I got rid of it though because of my observations and concerns. I ultimately think that it causes more harm to relationships and human interaction, then good.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:10 PM
FBJ

39,611 posts, read 50,177,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I can only speak for myself but I find the impact that Facebook is having on our culture and our society at large both fascinating and deeply concerning. I used to have an account. I get why people like it. I got rid of it though because of my observations and concerns. I ultimately think that it causes more harm to relationships and human interaction, then good.
Why more harm to relationships?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or