U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 09:23 PM
FBJ

39,611 posts, read 50,177,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
I recently discovered that there is a "Unfollow" button (yeah, I know, it takes a while with me sometimes). So who am I using it on, while I give a great big sigh of relief?
The Recently Divorced Overweight Woman With Low Self-esteem Showing Us Her New "Empowered" Side:
one of my wife's friends, after a divorce, has been posting what I can only call a sad newly single woman's saga.....selfies from the bar, inspirational messages that all have meaning for only her (usually women empowerment, big women empowerment, divorced woman empowerment, jerk exhusband etc), pictures of the girls drinking (cosmos probably) and most unfortunately pictures of her with some Joe she met at the bar. Then for the next week, more inspirational veiled stuff about or directed at the guy she hooked up with. Then by week's end, inspirational stuff (translated into "its his loss") since he never calls back. And then its the weekend again and we all get to witness the same masochistic cycle all over again.
The worst is the constant onslaught of selfies taken at the same high angle to look thinner and show off big girl cleavage. They become profile pics and if you go to her profile pics you will see a couple of hundred of basically the same pic. With way too much information in the "comments" sections of each photo and post.
This obvious cry for help was interesting for a week or two, but six months in it's just become a big TMI-fest.
Unfollow........absolutely! There.....that's better. As I acquired her as a Facebook friend via my wife....I do believe I'll look for the "unfriend" button as well.....Im glad she's sorting stuff out but I don't need to witness everything.
sounds like we have similar friends LOL

Old 11-13-2014, 03:25 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,499,643 times
How's this for something strange??????.....This one 30 year old has a husband in jail. He's been there for about 6 months. She has posted sexy pics of herself on her Facebook page and tagged his Facebook page. He's in jail. How the heck is he going to see it when he won't be released for a good long while? That makes no sense so the only people viewing her 'sexy' pics is her and her friends. What's the point?

Another funny thing is to read these sister's pages. One will do something and post about it and the next thing you know the other sister is copying and doing the same thing. If one goes to a certain event, the other will soon go herself. It's as if they are in competition and neither want the other to outdo them. It's quite entertaining and laughable to read.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:29 PM

15,254 posts, read 16,788,379 times
^^^^ Cell phones are frequently smuggled into jails and are sought-after contraband.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:27 PM

1,595 posts, read 1,475,315 times
My newest annoyance of the day...it used to be all the duck face pictures, now it's all the pics with people's mouths hanging open like they're saying "Hey!" What is up with that?

Old 11-14-2014, 02:09 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,585,736 times
People who decline your friend request for no reason and then speak to you the next day as if nothing happened.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:53 AM

7,330 posts, read 13,189,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
People who decline your friend request for no reason and then speak to you the next day as if nothing happened.
If the person has 724 friends, I would wonder about that. If they have 39 friends, I'd assume they don't accept friend requests from people that aren't closer friends or family. If they didn't decline it, but just didn't respond, some people are very slow about that. I recently had a former co-worker accept a friend request of mine. I made the request a year or two ago, and I'd forgotten about it. And she posts things on facebook a few times a week . I don't know what's up with that, but it's just facebook.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:49 AM

3,330 posts, read 2,116,578 times
What I REALLY don't like now is your news feed is clogged with your friends commenting on THEIR friend's picture and you have a picture staring out at you that you have NO IDEA who they are..when did that start? It wasn't always like that..last week it happened and the picture was of the friend's friends father.....in his coffin..I was mortified!!!!

Sideways posted pictures are ridiculous too,.delete and fix please!!

People who post these philosophical phrases about a subject like hate or gossip..and they are the worst offender of them all..they can't see it...

And what really gets me are the people who post FML and they are saying so over something trivial like their cat threw up or a critter got into the garbage...or they cracked the screen of their cell phone...or they post those three letters and don't elaborate....

I deleted someone because I was sick and tired of her wine glass pictures among other things and then ran into her at a gathering and the first thing she asked me was WHY did you delete me? Don't even remember what I said..mumbled something....and walked away....

Old 11-14-2014, 07:18 AM

1,723 posts, read 3,359,895 times
The 'people you might know' feature drives me nuts. Half the time I don't know who those people that they suggest are, and the other half I don't want to add to my friends list.

But the thing that really bugs me is I've had two family members that I haven't seen in ages send me friend requests.. so I thought great and added them, and then sent a little note asking how they were.

Neither one of them responded and it's been over a year so I doubt they will. Why? I'm baffled.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:02 AM

165 posts, read 160,751 times
I just unfollowed everyone except the page representing for whom I work. I just can't stand all this stuff in my feed about "So-and-so likes this," when "this" is miles and miles away and I'll never use it, or an announcement from a friend about Young and the Restless when I haven't watched it in 30 years. I stopped wanting to view the little posters with sayings on them that others shared because a certain number of them are wishful thinking and some are just plain rabble rousing. I really only joined Facebook because my co-worker needed me to help her moderate the page for the business.

I don't find the people particularly annoying but I am puzzled over the stuff they post such as, "My car broke down," and "My daughter requested a vegetarian meal so this is what I made." How much is too much?

Old 11-14-2014, 10:12 AM

20,070 posts, read 14,390,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
The 'people you might know' feature drives me nuts. Half the time I don't know who those people that they suggest are, and the other half I don't want to add to my friends list.

But the thing that really bugs me is I've had two family members that I haven't seen in ages send me friend requests.. so I thought great and added them, and then sent a little note asking how they were.

Neither one of them responded and it's been over a year so I doubt they will. Why? I'm baffled.

For most avid Facebook users, even for family members, it appears to be a numbers game. They need your head count only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or