U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 12:33 PM

417 posts, read 985,122 times

Advertisements

Facebook nearly cost me my marriage a year ago - I had male friends I went to school with on my friends list and my husband misinterpreted some of the posts. I drastically cut down my friends list, but I feel I have little choice in staying on Facebook - it's literally the only contact I have with old (female) school friends and relatives who live on the opposite coast. I did lose a friend recently over politics on there, however. She posted something against my political party (Democrat) and, since I'm certain I'm the only person she knows of this party, I took it personally & replied that I'm happy to be a Democrat. That was all it took - she unfriended me & I haven't heard from her since.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:09 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,581,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
What I REALLY don't like now is your news feed is clogged with your friends commenting on THEIR friend's picture and you have a picture staring out at you that you have NO IDEA who they are..when did that start? It wasn't always like that..last week it happened and the picture was of the friend's friends father.....in his coffin..I was mortified!!!!

Sideways posted pictures are ridiculous too,.delete and fix please!!

People who post these philosophical phrases about a subject like hate or gossip..and they are the worst offender of them all..they can't see it...

And what really gets me are the people who post FML and they are saying so over something trivial like their cat threw up or a critter got into the garbage...or they cracked the screen of their cell phone...or they post those three letters and don't elaborate....

I deleted someone because I was sick and tired of her wine glass pictures among other things and then ran into her at a gathering and the first thing she asked me was WHY did you delete me? Don't even remember what I said..mumbled something....and walked away....
Or when you comment on their picture and then get notified every time..no

Old 11-14-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us2indaup View Post
Facebook nearly cost me my marriage a year ago - I had male friends I went to school with on my friends list and my husband misinterpreted some of the posts. I drastically cut down my friends list, but I feel I have little choice in staying on Facebook - it's literally the only contact I have with old (female) school friends and relatives who live on the opposite coast. I did lose a friend recently over politics on there, however. She posted something against my political party (Democrat) and, since I'm certain I'm the only person she knows of this party, I took it personally & replied that I'm happy to be a Democrat. That was all it took - she unfriended me & I haven't heard from her since.
I used to have tons but then got older and decided that I don't want all these people knowing my business. I have also hid my account from my relatives as they are constantly perving.

Old 11-14-2014, 03:26 PM

3,330 posts, read 2,112,142 times
Or these people....my son just got married last month and my daughter in laws mom posted some really nice pictures...I made one my cover photo.... It wasn't on there 5 minutes when I get a private message. "IS GLENN'S WIFE PREGNANT? She isn't and she is a normal heathy weight... Not skin and bones...just don't understand people...I would NEVER ask a question like that of someone...RUDE...

Old 11-14-2014, 05:04 PM

1,007 posts, read 862,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
And what really gets me are the people who post FML and they are saying so over something trivial like their cat threw up or a critter got into the garbage...or they cracked the screen of their cell phone...or they post those three letters and don't elaborate....
^^^Absolutely. I don't go on FB that often, so when I do go on it and this is what I see, it is even more annoying. I am thinking they want attention and ignore them. Plus I don't think I'd have any comment to make that wouldn't get me in trouble. Really, your cat threw up and you ran here to tell us all? Grab a paper towel and stop taking up space on my screen with this.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:03 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,104,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
People who decline your friend request for no reason and then speak to you the next day as if nothing happened.
People who are friends with you on FB and when they run into you they don;t have much conversation lol

Old 11-15-2014, 02:58 AM

Yeah at the start I expected that and was like wtf when they'd just walk by me. Most people only care about numbers.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:55 AM

3,330 posts, read 2,112,142 times
Another thing that annoy me are the animal posts where rescues put up pictures of the dog or cat trying to find a home.. That's fine but the people who respond mostly either say the animal is cute.. hope he finds a home..I can't take him because I already have 4 dogs...praying for him etc.... Or the clincher..."OH PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GET THIS DOG OUT OF THE SHELTER ASAP...." All nice comments but meanwhile the dog sits there while people scroll down and he's forgotten....

Old 11-15-2014, 09:00 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
^^^^ Cell phones are frequently smuggled into jails and are sought-after contraband.
Interesting. I didn't even think of that but I'm sure you are right. Now all those 'sexy' pics make sense. Seems like she could show him her pics in a more private way though.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:02 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,491,270 times
The most annoying thing on Facebook is that there is no 'dislike' button. I could have certainly used that in the past on a few posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or