U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 12:43 PM

2,049 posts, read 3,536,193 times

Advertisements

The "if you don't repost this pic of Jesus you'll burn in the fiery pits of hell for all eternity", or the the "I never went to school past high school, but I know every thing about your health because I saw something on Dr. Oz", and my favorite the "I spend my every waking hour "researching" how the government/illuminate is controlling/watching/trying to destroy us, and I'm going to use every ounce of energy, of every single day telling you about it"

Old 12-07-2014, 12:45 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,099,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
The "if you don't repost this pic of Jesus you'll burn in the fiery pits of hell for all eternity", or the the "I never went to school past high school, but I know every thing about your health because I saw something on Dr. Oz", and my favorite the "I spend my every waking hour "researching" how the government/illuminate is controlling/watching/trying to destroy us, and I'm going to use every ounce of energy, of every single day telling you about it"

My favorite is the Job search advisor who was unemployed for a year and now that they are employed they are posting on FB as life and Job search experts lol

Old 12-07-2014, 12:45 PM

9,567 posts, read 5,759,687 times
The people who post that they want to delete everyone who does not agree with their constant political postings. They should just do it. I doubt anyone would mind.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:08 PM

21,544 posts, read 14,166,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The people who post that they want to delete everyone who does not agree with their constant political postings. They should just do it. I doubt anyone would mind.
I lean to the left, and I don't like to make wild assumptions about a breaking news story. I feel that we have the right to our religion, and that you have the right to yours. I don't post political stories, but other of my "friends" do. I am now supposed to be alarmed/ angry/ unhappy about PC matters and the gradual erosion of Christmas. Honestly, I don't care about the erosion of Christmas. I want to keep Christmas in my heart. I think it is within my rights to wish people whose religion is unknown to me a "happy holiday." I don't care if the tree is a holiday tree.

Well, you can see what sort of posts I'm being forwarded now.

The thing is I am used to being the only "liberal" in my set. (I am actually not very liberal, just not so conservative!) I don't post things that assume my "friends" approve. I don't sent a scripture out every day or two. But some of my "friends" think that I must agree with them about politics and aspects of cultural life, when I don't.

So, I just make the posts disappear.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:19 AM

3,460 posts, read 2,177,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Tied for first place:

1. The Political/Feminist/Gay Rights Activist/ Hypochondriac who has unlimited time to post every passing thought on Facebook.
2. The "Whoa is me, when I'm not tooting my own horn or being confrontational I like to play the victim card. And I love to post all of the details on Facebook so that people can both admire me and feel sorry for me."

I used to think it would be cool to be able to read other people's minds. Then I joined Facebook and got over that. | Confession Ecard
3. The "I like people to think I'm an intellectual and deep thinker, so I share postings on philosophy and science adding my own misguided interpretation of the subject in order to try to sound knowledgeable and wise beyond my years even though I never finished high school and have only worked a manual jobs and are still supported by my parents at 30 years of age."

4. The "I like to convince others I'm a good person, so I share posts about religion and how we should treat each other better, but I never directly communicate with anyone except to wish them a happy birthday."

5. The "I have no life other than to post about sports and make comments about what I'm watching on TV."

Old 12-08-2014, 05:21 AM

3,460 posts, read 2,177,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Recently I've had-

1) The ones who post their medical problems every day...

2)Not so attractive women who don't outwardly ask for dates but post sultry selfies all the time...
3)Post a photo of every meal they eat.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:00 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,691,174 times
1. The oversharer. Some people post deeply personal things about their lives, relationships, home situations. Today someone posted about their failed suicide attempt and I was shocked (sympathetic, but shocked). Maybe I'm just a very private person?

2. The humble bragger. I think it's great to do good deeds and contribute to worthy causes, but when I do these things I tell no one. I tend to see a lot of other people tell everyone on Facebook, and try to manipulate the narrative so it's not so obvious. But it's very transparent.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:04 AM

2,049 posts, read 3,536,193 times
The people who need to state (mostly females) how big of a b!@tch they are

Old 12-08-2014, 10:00 AM

1,239 posts, read 1,703,244 times
The people who sell *****...nerium, 31 bags, rodan and fields, tupperware, etc. I block most of them from my feed.

Also, my drug addict cousin who is a constant attention seeker and falls in love with a new loser every week. She can be entertaining in a reality tv sort of way though, so I don't unfriend her.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:01 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,099,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
3)Post a photo of every meal they eat.
supposed to be ONE MEAL every once in a while, not all the meals in the same day lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or