U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:08 PM

18,010 posts, read 22,749,611 times

Advertisements

I have a secret facebook account with a made-up name, and I only joined to be in a group about worm composting lol! It's also handy for sweepstakes. But, I tell everyone (except my best friend) that I don't have an account. And she only knows, because we use the chat feature when she's working. In fact, she's at work tonight, and I'm keeping an eye on my facebook tab for her next break so we can chat. She's in Canada, I'm in the states. So, no long distance calls and no husband hovering and listening, like when we Skype lol!

I want real relationships. Facebook is a bulletin board. If you want a relationship with me, then you can call me or email me directly. I am not interested in being in your fan club. And if I want you to know about what's going on with me, I will call you or email you.

Facebook is like getting a mass text. I want one on one conversations.

It's kind of like getting one of those Christmas cards with the 7 page single-spaced newsletter that's printed out for the masses with everything that's happened to them over the last year, and tons of pics of their kids and their vacation. If I don't already know that stuff, then we aren't friends.

IMO.

Now, even though I only use FB to be in a group, there are people on the group who want to "friend" me, but then it turns out, they really want to sell me stuff - worm related stuff. The people on FB who really irritate me, are the ones who use every opportunity to promote themselves and their businesses - even in situations where that's not appropriate.

And the HASHTAGS! OMG I hate hashtags. There are posts that are more full of hashtags than information. It's like trying to read a TV commercial or something. So obnoxious. FB really needs to come up with a way to have hashtags be invisible.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:00 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,269,559 times
There is this guy from high school that constantly posts statuses about how lonely he feels because women never want to date him. I strongly dislike political and/or religious posts. It's always people who are extremely right wing and post ignorant things and seem really clueless about what they're talking about. They have to resort to name calling to get their point across. Its always my friends with very right wing views that post a lot of annoying things. I rarely see any very left wing posts from anybody on my friend's list. The people on my list that post in a calm rational way about politics or religion are not annoying. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the majority.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:55 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,037,109 times
Everyone. That's why my accounts been deleted for 2.5 years.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:14 AM

358 posts, read 290,976 times
People who post things like: "I am so f**king irate right now!" without elaborating.

People who declare the undying love of their partner and include the duckfaced pictures of themselves and said partner. These are posted almost everyday.

People that post those annoying... "Click Like if your daughter means the world to you". Vomit!!

Male Facebook friends that feel the need to declare their heterosexuality by continually posting pictures of **** and ass. OK I get it, you appreciate the female form.........or would like us to believe so.

Those people who feel the need to post pictures of all their expensive purchases and display them with the box or packaging. You're up to your eyes in credit card debt...great!!

I'm just a grumpy witch.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:18 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,494,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
I'm just a grumpy witch.
lol I felt the same way after my post but it sure felt good to let off some steam about Facebook didn't it?

I think eventually people will tire of it and it will die out.

I liked people so much better pre-Facebook before I knew how self-absorbed they were.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:31 AM

358 posts, read 290,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
lol I felt the same way after my post but it sure felt good to let off some steam about Facebook didn't it?

I liked people so much better pre-Facebook before I knew how self-absorbed they were.

You're absolutely correct!

Old 09-21-2014, 08:03 AM

3,074 posts, read 3,153,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
No such luck...it's already surpassed MySpace in longevity and popularity And with other sites on the rise such as Twitter,I think we're truly in the age of Big Brother...voluntarily

Old 09-21-2014, 08:23 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,593,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
It's just a phrase that drives me batty. Kind of like all the things on your extensive list drive you batty.

(and for the record, I don't do any of the things on your list)
i have the world's tiniest violin....

this thread is about what people do on facebook, not about trivial internet phrases that "drive you batty" at least i was staying on-topic.

i found a solution, i go on facebook less. maybe you should use the internet less if insignificant phrases like that are enough to set your day off.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 AM

16,722 posts, read 14,615,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
I remember being added my some guy who was a Chelsea fan and he kept saying hi to me over and over again and even posted The Chelsea first team squad on my wall

just wondering do you have any people on facebook you find annoying on there?
As soon as they become annoying, I either hide their feed or unfriend them, depending on the annoyance.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:46 AM

16,722 posts, read 14,615,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
On a forum like Americas Got Talent, if you like don't like one of the performers, but someone else does, they call you a hater.

I also personally got annoyed by some people who go overboard in their absolute adoration and worship of a certain president whom i totally loath and to hear their words of love and adoration amounting to worship of this person, it made me pretty sickened. I had to unfriend them because it was not worth seeing such words like that.
I unfriend people for both the love AND hate. It goes both ways. I couldn't care less to hear about politics on my feed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or