Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 09:29 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
My brother came to visit me. I fixed up the place so he could stay. He walked in, took one sniff, declared he couldn't live where the cats were, started looking for a hotel room..........it cost him some. This is a weekend tourist town and rooms aren't that easy to find.

But I just picture a niece or nephew coming into town, check the frig, and declaring there is nothing to eat.....because my ice box is stuffed with frozen meat and fish, not instant dinners. Usually my bread for dinner are croutons. My milk is in reusable containers.

Years ago, I read in Nat'l Geographic of a Northwest Passage Kayaking team that stopped on oil lands in Alaska to refurbish for supplies. They were taken to a supermarket. Row after row was of chips and ball caps. "Where's all the food?" they asked of clerk.

"No around here cooks, they all order out or eat in a restaurant. You need to talk to a cook." I'm like that, I cook, I don't use the modern conveniences as much.

So I wonder.....if they took the chance.....would they be so shocked?
You have some odd ideas....I only shop around the edges of a grocery store with just a few exceptions...but my family would feel more than welcome in my home. (What does having a coffee maker have to do with anything anyway? You are just being pretentious at that point....and I don't even have either as we don't get our caffeine from coffee...lol/

You seem to want to cut your nose off to spite your face.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:33 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Rather hard to make a pbj with croutons, isn't it?
Milk in reusable containers? And powdered milk? No, thanks.
No kidding......croutons have their place....but they are not a bread replacement.

And honestly, I can't even remember the last time someone used powdered milk unless they are making yogurt (adding it can be helpful with consistency)....it's just not a morally superior purchase when compared to....dare I say...milk!
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships