Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 10:11 PM

87 posts, read 404,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
I bet that's not true either.
Well I wish you were right but considering how LITTLE attention I get from guys (basically meaning none) and how little compliments I get from people besides my mom I really doubt im good looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
I haven't been following this but are we really to believe that Sarah has really realized the error of her ways after being told-off just once?
I honestly don't know. I think she definitely felt bad and got the message that Im not taking her crap anymore, but only time will tell if she will truly stick to her apology and stop calling me names for good... But I doubt she will suddenly become this angel just because I told her off once... Who knows but I doubt she will be perfect. So far she has been fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,154 times
One possible cause of the daydreaming and carelessness as well as mistakes and social awkwardness may be attachment issues from your childhood. Symptoms of ADD can be caused by attachment issues. You might want to consider therapy with a therapist who knows about attachment issues. It may help a lot.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:52 AM

4,177 posts, read 3,368,934 times
Necro-posting....

We already figured out she's fine, and doing well.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,099 times
Study something hard, like Chinese or JavaScript. Let it be known. Wear glasses. Increase ***** by two points.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:01 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,664,078 times
Have you tried meditation or yoga ?

Also, never ever let anyone tell you who you are. Period. If there are rude people that say mean things just let the information pass right by you, they weren't raised properly either way ill-mannered people are not your concern. Do not give away your power and you'll start feeling better.

Have you thought about listening to positive affirmation CDs - keep a daily meditation book with you, alot of these little things start adding up toward positive.

People will see you how you see yourself.

Blessings

Old 03-07-2015, 02:12 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,130,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy12 View Post
. I tend to forget key details of simple things easily, constantly make careless mistakes, and am constantly daydreaming and zoning out. I tend to lack common sense but I never thought that made me deserve the "ditz" label. I am also socially awkward and tend to make a lot of social mistakes. I don't push my opinions or views on others, simply because I don't like arguing. I can also be slow when it comes to understanding things or jokes and am really bad at responding in conversations.
. What do I do?!
The highlighted things are things that make it extremely annoying to deal with you but are things YOU can change simply by making a concerted effort.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:15 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,557,372 times
Quote:
Please try not to judge me on this comment, but I am honestly afraid I am going to die alone, or a guy will have to "settle" for my personality because I won't be smart enough. I know most girls worry about their looks, but I am concerned about my intelligence. Everywhere I go I get labeled things such as ditzy, airhead, blonde(even though I'm brunette), or even just stupid or dumb. This really pisses me off and hurts because I really don't try to be! I am just being me! I am really sweet and kind to people and get along with everyone, but can be pretty passive and I tend to try to avoid conflict. I can be a big pushover at times. I am always smiling and cheerful. I tend to forget key details of simple things easily, constantly make careless mistakes, and am constantly daydreaming and zoning out. I tend to lack common sense but I never thought that made me deserve the "ditz" label. I am also socially awkward and tend to make a lot of social mistakes. I don't push my opinions or views on others, simply because I don't like arguing. I can also be slow when it comes to understanding things or jokes and am really bad at responding in conversations. I can also be really gullible and tend to trust people way too easily, and believe what they tell me too much. The sad thing is that I know a lot of girls do these things to "act stupid to get attention", but I am not trying to do anything! I am simply being me! My parents tell me I'm smart... But they are like the only ones in the world who have told me that. I want to be an intelligent woman that also knows how to have fun and get respect. I am smart in other ways... I am a really good writer, and really artistic and musically talented. I have a 4.5 GPA at school.. I am really understanding of other people and have a big heart. But I don't want to be that person that is "really really nice and sweet, but a little on the slow side/not the brightest. I am just SOO sick of it! I even feel like it affects my relationships and I can't form close relationships with people because they judge me!! Do I just have to accept that I am a ditzy idiot? I am sick of people treating me and calling me stupid, because despite all of these things, I am not stupid and want to have intelligent connections with people but they always immediately write me off. Idk what to do.. I want to be myself but not if this is how I am going to be treated my whole life. What do I do?!
Sorry, I didn't read all of the posts, but do you think you might have Autism Spectrum Disorder? That's kind of my problem; we have a lot in common, except I come off as a rude smart aleck. I memorize facts, stump people in conversations, and point out little mistakes or faults in logic. Yeah, eventually people discover I'm not as smart as I act, and they either tolerate me or turn on me, but it just seems like you and I have something in common.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:17 PM

4,177 posts, read 3,368,934 times
Wonder why this thread was revived?

Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 PM

4,857 posts, read 5,782,132 times
People don't pay attention to the DATES of threads, I haven't even seen a post from Jazzy since this thread. Let it die, let it DIE! Read the dates.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:38 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,416,198 times
Quote:
Please try not to judge me on this comment, but I am honestly afraid I am going to die alone, or a guy will have to "settle" for my personality because I won't be smart enough. I know most girls worry about their looks, but I am concerned about my intelligence. Everywhere I go I get labeled things such as ditzy, airhead, blonde(even though I'm brunette), or even just stupid or dumb. This really pisses me off and hurts because I really don't try to be! I am just being me! I am really sweet and kind to people and get along with everyone, but can be pretty passive and I tend to try to avoid conflict. I can be a big pushover at times. I am always smiling and cheerful. I tend to forget key details of simple things easily, constantly make careless mistakes, and am constantly daydreaming and zoning out. I tend to lack common sense but I never thought that made me deserve the "ditz" label. I am also socially awkward and tend to make a lot of social mistakes. I don't push my opinions or views on others, simply because I don't like arguing. I can also be slow when it comes to understanding things or jokes and am really bad at responding in conversations. I can also be really gullible and tend to trust people way too easily, and believe what they tell me too much. The sad thing is that I know a lot of girls do these things to "act stupid to get attention", but I am not trying to do anything! I am simply being me! My parents tell me I'm smart... But they are like the only ones in the world who have told me that. I want to be an intelligent woman that also knows how to have fun and get respect. I am smart in other ways... I am a really good writer, and really artistic and musically talented. I have a 4.5 GPA at school.. I am really understanding of other people and have a big heart. But I don't want to be that person that is "really really nice and sweet, but a little on the slow side/not the brightest. I am just SOO sick of it! I even feel like it affects my relationships and I can't form close relationships with people because they judge me!! Do I just have to accept that I am a ditzy idiot? I am sick of people treating me and calling me stupid, because despite all of these things, I am not stupid and want to have intelligent connections with people but they always immediately write me off. Idk what to do.. I want to be myself but not if this is how I am going to be treated my whole life. What do I do?!
I've said this a million times but you HAVE TO stop caring what guys think of you. That is not what is important, not in the slightest. If you keep caring, you will only be interested in people who are not interested in you, because you will crave their validation. The fact is that not everyone is attracted to everyone else. You can accept this fact and live your life happily, or spend your lifetime sacrificing everything you want in a doomed attempt to impress people who simply are not interested in you, through no fault of you or them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships