U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 08:23 AM

13,763 posts, read 14,589,987 times

Advertisements

^^ it may not be true true of all churches but it happens often enough. my neighbor was 84 looking for a new church it took her four churches to find one who the congregation was friendly and open towards her. they all ignored her. the other problem she had after 4 or 5 weeks at one church a member saw her ring she was wearing which was the organization for women of the masons and she was told to find another church. she was in the organization for some 20 years and all they did was community outreach. church is full of hypocrites and people who feel they can act any way they want during the week and fall to their knees on sunday so it's ok. not all are like that however for christians to turn a blind eye to this segment doen't help at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 08:58 AM

1,007 posts, read 863,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
^^ it may not be true true of all churches but it happens often enough.
This is the problem ^^^ I was not bashing Christians here (I am one too) or generalizing, but just pointing out that it can be difficult to find a church. I know there are good churches out there and I have been to some. Sadly, there are also a lot of the other kind too and you usually can't tell them apart until you go there. As the other posters have stated, it can take a bit of searching to find a good church. Generalizing would be to say "don't bother with church they are all alike." Instead, I was saying "don't give up, keep looking."

Old 10-04-2014, 12:28 PM

698 posts, read 638,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
So, what, you went to church once and they didn't throw a party in your honor so now ... this??? ^^^ Are you trying to say that EVERY SINGLE TIME you go to a new church this happens?? Come on.

"A church" is a group of people, which means they are not going to get it right every time. "A church" has good days and' bad days. Every person in there is dealing with something, just as you are.

Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future. You have as much to do with your experience at church as "the church" does.

So yeah, when you make bullsh*t statements like, "The politics would put the guys on Capital Hill to shame," it's Christian bashing. It's NOT true of all churches and all Christians, so stop.
Take a deep breath. No one wants a party thrown for them when they attend a church service, slight exaggeration eh? You'remattacking others, lay off. Open your bible. Learn it. Follow it. Then you won't have such problems with others posts who are stating exactly what their experiences have been.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
This is the problem ^^^ I was not bashing Christians here (I am one too) or generalizing, but just pointing out that it can be difficult to find a church. I know there are good churches out there and I have been to some. Sadly, there are also a lot of the other kind too and you usually can't tell them apart until you go there. As the other posters have stated, it can take a bit of searching to find a good church. Generalizing would be to say "don't bother with church they are all alike." Instead, I was saying "don't give up, keep looking."
Exactly, good for you. You'll know them by their fruit

Old 10-04-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Nice bunch of Christian bashing going on.

Stop generalizing.
No need to take offense. You're not a Christian so quit picking fights over something you have no clue about

Old 10-04-2014, 01:00 PM

11,210 posts, read 8,353,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Church people are the worst, hypocrites, back stabbers, there is a reason I won't go to church. They put a lot of effort to get people to go but they need to fix the people they already have first.
Ross is a church person, trying to do the right thing. Very sad, this situation but if the church people who are being so ugly could see the error of their ways it might be a victory for Ross. Everything happens for a reason. I hope Ross stays strong and God blesses him for his Christ-like behavior.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:03 PM

2,967 posts, read 4,165,738 times
Church = High school 2.0 for grown adults who should know better.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:20 PM

2,702 posts, read 3,715,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Well, duh!
Any church-goer KNOWS they are not perfect.

But non-church-goes erroneously think they are.
Not what I meant.. I meant that there are quite a few "church" goers who use it as a way to be able to do what they want and then they go to church and then can say...well I am a good person, now let's get back to doing the crap I was doing before...

Old 10-04-2014, 06:08 PM

5,904 posts, read 5,255,297 times
I don't know why the actions of church members bothers you. Don't you go to church to worship? Why care about the other people there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or