U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 11:44 PM

2,934 posts, read 8,118,826 times

Advertisements

Ross: He had seen a bunch of people who he knows and hangs out with at church acting all rude and snobby towards towards Jeremy because he has a rough exterior and has been locked up in prison for burglary and drug sales, Jeremy was trying to get his life back on track, when Ross seen a bunch of people acting all rude, snobby and stuck up towards Jeremy he was so shocked and appalled that he asked Jeremy if he was okay and he also comforted him and even gave him a $15 gift card from Golden Corral

When a bunch of people seen Ross be nice to Jeremy they were shocked, appalled and pissed off at Ross for being nice and accepting towards Jeremy to where they've acted like they were too good to hang out with him and won't even speak to him, the church people felt hurt, betrayed and disrespected by Ross going out of his way being nice and accepting towards Jeremy, Ross has no criminal history.

Ross wishes that everyone would be more like Jesus Christ and less like the world, all what Jeremy did was try to blend in with them and wanted to get to know the people at church and wanted to be surrounded by the good types of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 12:10 AM

3,947 posts, read 4,111,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Ross: He had seen a bunch of people who he knows and hangs out with at church acting all rude and snobby towards towards Jeremy because he has a rough exterior and has been locked up in prison for burglary and drug sales, Jeremy was trying to get his life back on track, when Ross seen a bunch of people acting all rude, snobby and stuck up towards Jeremy he was so shocked and appalled that he asked Jeremy if he was okay and he also comforted him and even gave him a $15 gift card from Golden Corral

When a bunch of people seen Ross be nice to Jeremy they were shocked, appalled and pissed off at Ross for being nice and accepting towards Jeremy to where they've acted like they were too good to hang out with him and won't even speak to him, the church people felt hurt, betrayed and disrespected by Ross going out of his way being nice and accepting towards Jeremy, Ross has no criminal history.

Ross wishes that everyone would be more like Jesus Christ and less like the world, all what Jeremy did was try to blend in with them and wanted to get to know the people at church and wanted to be surrounded by the good types of people.
Ross is living life without contradictions, and the people who judge and mock him for doing what the church teaches and encourages them to do are all a bunch of small-minded hypocrites.

Takes courage to do the right thing, even in the face of ridicule. People like that are MORE deserving of respect than a bunch of imbeciles who can't think for themselves.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:47 AM

4,294 posts, read 3,062,096 times
what wrong with people honestly. I have to say the same thing Kat949 said. But I am happy to read that people like Ross exist.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:34 AM

158 posts, read 118,019 times
There was some new pastor that tested his congregation by coming as a beggar. He kicked the entire congregation out that Sunday because no one helped. Was a good read...i'll see if I can dig it up.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:21 AM

20,419 posts, read 37,477,377 times
snopes.com: Pastor Disguises Himself as Homeless Man

Old 10-03-2014, 07:24 AM

158 posts, read 118,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Aww damn I've been Rick Rolled lol.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:46 PM

5,861 posts, read 6,283,513 times
Church people are the worst, hypocrites, back stabbers, there is a reason I won't go to church. They put a lot of effort to get people to go but they need to fix the people they already have first.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:10 PM

1,007 posts, read 862,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Church people are the worst, hypocrites, back stabbers, there is a reason I won't go to church. They put a lot of effort to get people to go but they need to fix the people they already have first.
I have found this as well. People in churches seem to get into a type of clique and get so wrapped up in how someone looks or other external and non-important things that they drive people away. People come looking to get their life on track and these people turn them off from church...usually forever. I wrote on another thread how someone lectured me that I should give up watching TV. And they meant all TV, even the local news. The person did not come off as being spiritual, rather just plain NUTZ. In my opinion, they don't have the right to judge anyone just by something they see. Especially not when they are acting judgmental and prejudiced and writing someone off for something inconsequential. I am sad to say that I have attended churches where I would not invite my family for fear that something offensive to them would not be said. I didn't attend there for very long.

Ross has the right idea and is living in the integrity of his real faith and values. Sadly, it takes a bit of work to find a church where the types of people (cliques) you mentioned have not taken over. Ross needs new friends. There are a lot of wonderful and real Christian people out there, and some of them are even in churches lol. He obviously has a heart for welcoming people and is non-judgmental. There is a desperate need for more people like that in this world.

Last edited by Fiona13; 10-03-2014 at 05:30 PM..

Old 10-03-2014, 05:46 PM

8,985 posts, read 14,626,449 times
Religion is dropping in value to Americans in general - young people in specific. I think the reason is the Westboro attitude.

The people the OP describes (not Ross or Jeremy) aren't 100% Westboro - but about 30 - 40%. It's enough to make a lot of people ditch religion altogether. Who really wants to be around those turds?

Old 10-03-2014, 06:15 PM

3,737 posts, read 9,571,965 times
Hmmm. A pastor I listened to one time gave a sermon on just this issue, cliques in church. He was having problems with groups not being welcoming to new members. Must be fairly common. This was a large suburban church with many young families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or