U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 12:22 PM

43,465 posts, read 52,484,972 times

Advertisements

Once you are a grown adult, you don't really need stuff as presents. But consumables!!! Another story!

Booze
Specialty candy/chocolate
Cracker/jams/fruits

Personal consumables!
My friend loves working on and racing his cars...he also details the classic ones. Easy for us to get him cloth diapers, etc. His wife gets him tires cuz he eats through them.
My friends know I like to cook and make big salads. Lots of different flavored balsamic vinegars, salts, infused oils, etc. I love tennis. Get me some balls! You always need more balls and more Tournagrip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 12:30 PM

4,294 posts, read 3,066,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Once you are a grown adult, you don't really need stuff as presents. But consumables!!! Another story!

Booze
Specialty candy/chocolate
Cracker/jams/fruits

Personal consumables!
My friend loves working on and racing his cars...he also details the classic ones. Easy for us to get him cloth diapers, etc. His wife gets him tires cuz he eats through them.
My friends know I like to cook and make big salads. Lots of different flavored balsamic vinegars, salts, infused oils, etc. I love tennis. Get me some balls! You always need more balls and more Tournagrip.
Yes I know, my father's youngest uncle still living some what 80 I guess. He always say "bring your self for me to bubble I don't want no gifts" when he invite for his birthday. I think you miss my update #33. I found nice photos frame with 95 photo spaces in different sizes, also shop owner gifted box of chocolate when she hear what was the occasion and big birthday card, hope she enjoy with choosing photos to go in to the frame with kids grand kids great grands too.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:44 AM

Default It was fantastic!

Wauw I went to the birthday of 95 yr old. She was amazed with the frame with 95 photos, And she loved the chocolates too, She received many many flowers. What she gave to every one different at the end. One of her niece gave her photo very old one but reproduced that fit very well in to a space of a frame every one surprised for what I gave.

I really enjoyed the party. There was a huge cake with 95 scenes such as world war and so that she got as a gift. As I saw she received many candles too. Whole family together there were 100 guests.
I feel happy She was very kind of lady. She was really thrilled today. God may bless her!

Old 10-26-2014, 04:53 AM

16,487 posts, read 21,035,057 times
I was thinking maybe a warm shawl or nice throw blanket. You might want to ask the person that invited you any ideas they have for a gift.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I was thinking maybe a warm shawl or nice throw blanket. You might want to ask the person that invited you any ideas they have for a gift.
you missed my update dear. Party was yesterday

Old 10-26-2014, 09:13 PM

3,377 posts, read 3,939,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
I feel so happy... I bought big and beautiful card with beautiful poem in it with beautiful flower garden, and I went through the city went to few shops doubt about between this and that but accidentally I went inside of an art shop. Where the frames paintings and stuff are there. I found a beautiful photo frame with exactly 95 photo's from different sizes can go in it. I hope she will like it with filled with photo's. Of course she has to filled with help of their family. And the art shop lady gave me 50% discount when she hear what is the occasion and she asked me to give her blessings to this old lady with a chocolate box where there advertizing logo in....and she said it is from her and she does not add to the price. so It is done. Thank you for all your help ideas. I have chocolate box, photo frame, and a big card!
I have been reading this post and enjoying all of the suggestions, and especially your kindness and consideration for your friend's grandmother. I am SO THRILLED for you, that you found the PERFECT gift for her, and for the kindness of the store sales person (owner?). I'm not surprised your gifts were a big hit. Can you post some pictures?

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 10-26-2014 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Added comments.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I have been reading this post and enjoying all of the suggestions, and especially your kindness and consideration for your friend's grandmother. I am SO THRILLED for you, that you found the PERFECT gift for her, and for the kindness of the store sales person (owner?). I'm not surprised your gifts were a big hit. Can you post some pictures?
I will upload some photos I have made the thrilled grand mother with all the gifts. But I will ask my friend first if it is okay to drop photo here. I think that is the right thing to do before I upload. Yes the Lady from the shop might be the owner. But I did not ask.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:19 AM

4,262 posts, read 3,901,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
Hi me again!

I have a very good Italian friend Her grand mother will be 95 yrs old. They give a big party to family and friends and they want to celebrate it quiet big. I am invited and Party is on last Sunday of this month. I am thinking very hard what sort of gift I should give.

My brother told me better to ask from my friend for a gift tip,that is what we do with dutch culture but still I am not comfortable asking that I feel it will be bit odd to ask, also giving tips might not in their culture either, But in the other hand I don't want to give something what she does not like.

Any suggestions? the girl will be hot 95.
A casket...?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
A casket...?
you missed my updates dear but what is casket if I may ask?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:00 AM

1,723 posts, read 3,359,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
A casket...?
shame on you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships