U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-06-2014, 09:37 PM
 
15,714 posts, read 9,212,783 times
Reputation: 14155

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I have very little patience for super type-As. Nobody, except the boss at work, gets to order me around. And if my boss is ordering me around and micromanaging, that's when I'd look for another job. I get things done much more effectively when people aren't getting in my way trying to dominate me.

Type A's can go ahead and give themselves a heart attack if they want, but don't try to give me one too. You'll be promptly instructed to hop off my dick.
Why would you assume a Type A is going to order you around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Status: "Not quite my tempo" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Bran's tree
10,963 posts, read 4,820,283 times
Reputation: 12349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why would you assume a Type A is going to order you around?
Because they tend to do that to people, IME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2014, 01:34 AM
 
3,947 posts, read 4,113,819 times
Reputation: 4711
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
You know these people. Pushy, controlling, rude, inflexible, impatient, many times perfectionists and often times difficult to deal with. There's someone in my life that I can't avoid and I don't know how to deal with them. So how do you deal with these A-holes?
Not to mention: step-on-toes..

I steer clear and avoid..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2014, 06:36 AM
 
15,714 posts, read 9,212,783 times
Reputation: 14155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Because they tend to do that to people, IME.
And do you "tend to think" that Type B people, when "ordered around" just go a little slower or walk away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2014, 07:00 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
5,649 posts, read 8,632,531 times
Reputation: 6763
Both Type-A and Type-B people can be jerks, though some of the Type-B's I know tend to be passive-aggressive about it. I'd much prefer someone to be direct and outspoken about any issues so we may address them. It is the passivity and the "we can't change things" attitude that drives me crazy. Type-A's can get into trouble when their assertive nature morphs into aggression and over control. However, all Type-A's are not like this, just as Type-B's are not all lazy and passive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Status: "Not quite my tempo" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Bran's tree
10,963 posts, read 4,820,283 times
Reputation: 12349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And do you "tend to think" that Type B people, when "ordered around" just go a little slower or walk away?
Either response seems likely. It's a lot better than bending over and taking it.

What's your point exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2014, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Myrtle Creek, Oregon
12,092 posts, read 12,408,399 times
Reputation: 19040
This is starting to sound like a gripe session by a bunch of incompetent, passive-aggressive people. Stay focused. Do your job. If you have it in you, be creative and do your job better. You will get along just fine with the Type A personalities of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2014, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Austin
4,103 posts, read 6,057,065 times
Reputation: 6708
I'm the only one in my immediate family that didn't turn out Type A I had to learn how to tune people out. I'm very good at it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2014, 12:04 PM
 
2,079 posts, read 2,593,604 times
Reputation: 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
. So how do you deal with these A-holes?
beat them at their own game.

I may be a type B, but I can be an ******* too. and when I am, I go for the throat.

people seem to leave me alone after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2014, 12:09 PM
 
15,714 posts, read 9,212,783 times
Reputation: 14155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Either response seems likely. It's a lot better than bending over and taking it.

What's your point exactly?
My point is that pigeonholing people into behavior patterns is silly. This may come as a shock, but some Type A's are very effective leaders. Even when dealing with passive/aggressive types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:43 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top