Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:46 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,595,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
No I wanted anyone who responded to explain why they feel Facebook or Twitter is better.
Facebook is not better than Twitter. You know why? because they are not the same, so you can't place them side by side. On Facebook you have "friends", who can be former high school friends, former work colleagues, bosses you got along well enough to have on Facebook, family etc. On Twitter you have "followers"; which are following you because you post information that is interesting to them; Like we follow the weather channel because it is keeping us updated on hurricanes...or we're following B & H Photo because they might post discounts, or we may follow someone we admire, or someone we idolize, or just a friend who is darn funny, and makes funny 140 or less comments!

Comparing Facebook with Twitter is like comparing apples and oranges; neither does the same as the other or gives the same options. On Facebook you can block people, unfollow those who post garbage, make lists, create groups, you can't do any of that on Twitter save for the blocking.

I use Twitter for one purpose, and I barely use Facebook because I have no use for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 08:07 PM

4 posts, read 2,885 times
I have a Twitter account which I have not visited for months. I check my Facebook account everyday.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:21 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,349,977 times
I don't think/say "X is better than Y"-more like "FB suits my needs/circumstances better than Twitter".

FB is useful to me only bc. there are 2 or 3 people I know there and that's the most convenient venue/platform at which to find them.
I post links to music vids, humor clips from tv shows, articles, or photos that I've taken (either old pix of family or new pix of nature/scenery).

Twitter-I'd have no reason/cause to go there. I haven't a mobile device, and if I want news/weather I'll find it elsewhere.

I prefer C-D most of the time, it's less exhausting, overwhelming, and confusing for me to use.
I'm 41, but my preferences are more based on my being flat-out technophobic (slow/reluctant to try new things) rather than just my age.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:39 AM

34,944 posts, read 31,087,664 times
I don't particularly care for either one, but at least Twitter allows you to communicate beyond the walled garden of friends.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:11 AM

417 posts, read 1,126,578 times
Usually, if I have something to say, I want more than 170 characters to say it! I view Twitter as more of a way for fans to keep track of celebrities rather than for person-to-person conversations. It's useless to me.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:41 AM

645 posts, read 704,176 times
for twitter searches that you "saved" in your account, when there are new matches does it pop up in the new tweet? or you have to go to search box to click on it to see new results?

Old 01-18-2015, 09:26 AM

103 posts, read 100,491 times
Both facebook and twitter are unnecessary inventions for people anymore.. People waste their times on social media, whereas the time is a very precious wealth. Most of people basically have no opportunity for getting leisure(by the time I can totally suggest you to read the in praise of idleness by Bertrand RUSSELL) Shortly, please do not waste your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships