U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 01:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,611 posts, read 50,185,827 times

Advertisements

Twitter has never appealed to me like Facebook has over the past 5 years due to the limited info you can put in a tweet along with the unattractive layout of the site. Plus since it is more suited for a cell phone and not a computer combined with the inability to chat with family and friends makes Facebook the more appealing social site.

Do you agree?

Last edited by FBJ; 10-11-2014 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 01:11 PM

9,763 posts, read 5,446,222 times
What is this "Twitter" you speak of?

Is that the kind of glitter that Twig the Fairy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Twig uses?

Okay, yes I have heard of Twitter, but if you asked me to explain just what it is, I wouldn't tell you. To me, it's just another comm system of the modern world, one of many, one of many that I don't use.

But then again, my cell phone is a Razor. Further on that, I often do a lot of trimming on my FB because I dislike people using it for their activism. I would imagine Twitter does the same, I suppose.

Having activism in my face is enough for one place, I'll be darned if I would subscribe to having it anywhere else!

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 10-11-2014 at 01:24 PM..

Old 10-11-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
What is this "Twitter" you speak of?

Is that the kind of glitter that Twig the Fairy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Twig uses?

Okay, yes I have heard of Twitter, but if you asked me to explain just what it is, I wouldn't tell you. To me, it's just another comm system of the modern world, one of many, one of many that I don't use.

But then again, my cell phone is a Razor. Further on that, I often do a lot of trimming on my FB because I dislike people using it for their activism. I would imagine Twitter does the same, I suppose.

Having activism in my face is enough for one place, I'll be darned if I would subscribe to having it anywhere else!
No I wanted anyone who responded to explain why they feel Facebook or Twitter is better.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:36 PM

3,812 posts, read 2,191,854 times
I don't use Instagram nor Twitter. Facebook has, and still suits me fine 6 years later.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:01 PM

9,763 posts, read 5,446,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
No I wanted anyone who responded to explain why they feel Facebook or Twitter is better.
I thought I just did!

Let me break it down then. The system I have now, FB, is fine with me. I don't want to get into another system. I don't want to be with a system that requires me to get a new phone. I don't want to be with a system that will be linked into me all the time.

With FB, when I leave the computer, we are apart. I like that. The way this Twitter is described, it is with me wherever I am with my phone. I don't like that.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:08 PM

15,012 posts, read 21,673,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I thought I just did!

Let me break it down then. The system I have now, FB, is fine with me. I don't want to get into another system. I don't want to be with a system that requires me to get a new phone. I don't want to be with a system that will be linked into me all the time.

With FB, when I leave the computer, we are apart. I like that. The way this Twitter is described, it is with me wherever I am with my phone. I don't like that.
Facebook can be that wat too

I prefer Facebook. However I think it is an age thing. Older people prefer Facebook, a bit younger prefers twitter, younger Instagram. IMHO

Old 10-11-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Facebook can be that wat too

I prefer Facebook. However I think it is an age thing. Older people prefer Facebook, a bit younger prefers twitter, younger Instagram. IMHO
I noticed that too, Instagram is more appealing to people under 30. But I agree, Facebook is with me all the time because I want it that way LOL

Old 10-11-2014, 02:53 PM

4,294 posts, read 3,066,937 times
No I feel both are same, but face book is for me a headache even though that is good to share your travel and life experiences but twitter is sort of official uses than commericial, I am using twitter regarding work that is more than enough to say " file is ready" "meeting is at 10am" but that is not enough for long stories, such as hate speech or passing hints to the others. In twitter if you like some thing you retwitt other wise leave it. By the way I am not that much in to anything.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:13 PM

6,322 posts, read 4,741,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I don't use Instagram nor Twitter. Facebook has, and still suits me fine 6 years later.
^ This is my stance too. Its all just too much at some point! I remember VERY RELUCTANTLY joining FB like 8 yrs ago and my first post being, "Friendster, MySpace, and now this? Can we please all just settle on one site?!"

I have a twitter account that is actually suspended that I check a few times a year to see "what is trending" and try and not lose touch w the zeitgeist of society. I have no need to "tweet" and i update my FB only like twice a month. I check it more often for news and social group info, etc.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
^ This is my stance too. Its all just too much at some point! I remember VERY RELUCTANTLY joining FB like 8 yrs ago and my first post being, "Friendster, MySpace, and now this? Can we please all just settle on one site?!"

I have a twitter account that is actually suspended that I check a few times a year to see "what is trending" and try and not lose touch w the zeitgeist of society. I have no need to "tweet" and i update my FB only like twice a month. I check it more often for news and social group info, etc.
I heard of twitter jail, is that what that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or