U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 06:48 PM

18,678 posts, read 23,294,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny2412 View Post
I called a relative on the phone and left him a message and it took him two weeks to get back to me.

How long should I wait before calling him back? A couple days? A week?

In the past, he would call me same day or the last day. I think he was offended because he called me one night awhile back and I had my phone turned off and I didn't get back to him until a couple days later so this was his way of "punishing" me.
Waiting two weeks to return a call is impolite and not the norm. I would not attempt to contact this person, until they contact you.

You could send and informal written card asking what is going on.

As in :Hi Jake! I wrote you about a month ago. I am hoping that everything is OK.

A few weeks is NOT the norm. If he is "punishing you" he is out of line. ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 06:56 PM

51 posts, read 40,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Waiting two weeks to return a call is impolite and not the norm. I would not attempt to contact this person, until they contact you.

You could send and informal written card asking what is going on.

As in :Hi Jake! I wrote you about a month ago. I am hoping that everything is OK.

A few weeks is NOT the norm. If he is "punishing you" he is out of line. ,
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I thought maybe I called the wrong # in the original call and he didn't get the message....but double checked the number and it was the same one so he had to have gotten the message.

He didn't reference my original call to him in the message he left me...he just asked me to call him back when I get a chance. I think we're going to play phone tag until I answer the phone when he calls. It's a control thing I believe. He wants me to jump and be available at his command.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:15 PM

4,915 posts, read 4,077,240 times
Send him a text.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 20,160,217 times
Forget it. If he doesn't return your call, you just move on and stay happy.

If he is ready, he would call you. Don't let these people "control" your emotions too much, not worth it.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:56 PM

2,620 posts, read 2,530,080 times
Quote:
I called him back and of course no answer. I left a message so the ball is in his court again
e-Mail or text?

Old 10-21-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Send him a text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
e-Mail or text?
I just have texting capability on my work phone but don't want to send personal texts with that phone. I don't have a smart phone. I do not have his email address anymore since my computer crashed awhile back, but that might not be a bad idea to exchange emails.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Forget it. If he doesn't return your call, you just move on and stay happy.

If he is ready, he would call you. Don't let these people "control" your emotions too much, not worth it.

Sounds like a plan. It could be awkward at the next family gathering tho

He apparently wants an immediate response anytime he calls with no exceptions. If I didn't answer right away, it was always for a legit reason until this last time when he waited two weeks to get back to me.

I think another reason for this is that he wanted me to do make a deal with him which involved making a large purchase that I didn't want to make and he was pissed about that I think because I didn't do what he wanted me to do. He would have benefitted from the deal but I would not have (in fact I would have lost money).

Old 10-22-2014, 12:57 AM

4,294 posts, read 3,086,909 times
I wont do the same for them. it can be anything that person did not call you right away. May be he was simply not home and got your message later. I am always my self how treat people me is their karma react is mine. So I react in a good way even to an a.s.s

Old 10-22-2014, 01:54 AM

735 posts, read 731,657 times
Quote:
I called a relative on the phone and left him a message and it took him two weeks to get back to me.

In the past, he would call me same day or the last day. I think he was offended because he called me one night awhile back and I had my phone turned off and I didn't get back to him until a couple days later so this was his way of "punishing" me.
I'm not you, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Maybe he's busy and has other priorities above chatting.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:48 AM

3,637 posts, read 2,702,360 times
Quote:

I would assume they contacted me when it was most suitable for them to do so. I would do the same when choosing when is best for me to contact them.

The length of time they took would be the LAST variable I would consider when deciding when I will do it. Not the first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or