U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:45 PM

51 posts, read 40,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Your family member might simply be the sort who doesn't follow up well. You can always leave a message, tell them what you wanted to say, and go about your business.
He was always quick calling back until that time my phone was turned off and he couldn't get ahold of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 12:00 AM

51 posts, read 40,676 times
I'm not playing games. Already said I called him back and he hasn't gotten back to me since. I think he is going to play phone tag until I am available to pickup the phone when he calls. Again I think it's a control thing. He wants an immediate response when he calls. Also I turned him down when he tried pressuring me over the phone one time to make a purchase I didn't want to make. He wants me to jump at his command and do what he suggests I should do.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:50 AM

405 posts, read 419,468 times
My brother once called me and it took me almost 3 weeks to get back to him. Of course, I was out of the country on my honeymoon so there was no way I was going to call him back and pay out the butt for him to tell me that I made a huge mistake. I figured that's what he was going to do because that was the last thing he said to me before I left.

Once I got back, he wouldn't answer my calls or my texts for close to a month. I didn't really care because it was sooooooo quite without having to hear him. I love my brother, but I don't like him most of the time. He finally took one of my calls seriously like a month later. Not long after that, he got arrested and he got mad at me because I didn't have the money to bail him out. I couldn't help it. My wife and I had just recently gotten married and didn't have a lot yet plus we'd just found out that she was pregnant with twins so we needed all the money we could get and should't have been expected to spend it on my brother's stupidity. Anyway, he got mad because he spent the weekend in jail so he went about another month without talking to me.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:57 AM

405 posts, read 419,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny2412 View Post
I'm not playing games. Already said I called him back and he hasn't gotten back to me since. I think he is going to play phone tag until I am available to pickup the phone when he calls. Again I think it's a control thing. He wants an immediate response when he calls. Also I turned him down when he tried pressuring me over the phone one time to make a purchase I didn't want to make. He wants me to jump at his command and do what he suggests I should do.
Actually this sounds a lot like my brother. He'll call me when I'm sleeping and if I don't wake up to answer it, he'll send me a text to tell me that he's trying to call me, then he'll call again, then text, then call. Good thing I put certain numbers on vibrate when I'm sleeping. He'll call me and ask me about playing golf, or pool, or going bowling and if I say no, he tries to talk me into it by claiming we never do anything together. Not so long ago, he tried telling me that we never play golf together anymore, but we played golf together the day before that. He hates it that I'm married with children because he thinks marriage and having kids is stupid. So, he'll want to argue with me and say that I'm not the same as I was before I got married. I tell him that he's right and that's a good thing, but he gets upset because he doesn't view me as fun anymore since I can't go party with him on a moments notice.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:32 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,786,111 times
Quote:

I have a feeling that he will not answer (for legit reason or not) since it has been a few days and then call back when I am not available. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a month long game of phone tag
Why bother????

Old 10-23-2014, 08:34 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,093,697 times
Quote:

Well damn, that's an easy one: Stop calling him. Stop communicating with him. Stop wasting your time.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:36 PM

15,087 posts, read 17,554,290 times
Quote:
I called a relative on the phone and left him a message and it took him two weeks to get back to me.

How long should I wait before calling him back? A couple days? A week?

In the past, he would call me same day or the last day. I think he was offended because he called me one night awhile back and I had my phone turned off and I didn't get back to him until a couple days later so this was his way of "punishing" me.
Call him back when you have the time to call him back (which was probably his situation, too). With that said, in the time it took to post here, you could have called him.

[don't forget to post the outcome]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or