Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:25 PM

51 posts, read 58,080 times

Advertisements

I called a relative on the phone and left him a message and it took him two weeks to get back to me.

How long should I wait before calling him back? A couple days? A week?

In the past, he would call me same day or the last day. I think he was offended because he called me one night awhile back and I had my phone turned off and I didn't get back to him until a couple days later so this was his way of "punishing" me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 04:48 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,591 times
It sounds like you're trying to play games with this person, because you think this person is trying to play games with you.

I'm not really an advocate for that type of passive manipulation. If you genuinely wanted to get hold of the person, then call them right back. If you're bothered because they took so long to call you back, then say so.

But that's just me.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Treat him the way you would want to be treated.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
It sounds like you're trying to play games with this person, because you think this person is trying to play games with you.

I'm not really an advocate for that type of passive manipulation. If you genuinely wanted to get hold of the person, then call them right back. If you're bothered because they took so long to call you back, then say so.

But that's just me.
I don't care for it either.

He thought I was playing games with him when I didn't get back to him right away one when he called and now he is playing games (taking longer and longer to get back to me even after I explained that my phone was turned off and thought we cleared this up).

Old 10-21-2014, 05:10 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny2412 View Post
I don't care for it either.

He thought I was playing games with him when I didn't get back to him right away one when he called and now he is playing games (taking longer and longer to get back to me even after I explained that my phone was turned off and thought we cleared this up).
I would be the bigger person. Not because it's the right thing to do, but also because if he really is doing what you say, nothing will infuriate him more than if you don't play along.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:21 PM

4,691 posts, read 307,761 times
Quote:
I would be the bigger person. Not because it's the right thing to do, but also because if he really is doing what you say, nothing will infuriate him more than if you don't play along.

Ditto. Plus, two wrongs really don't make a right. If he wants to be rude, that's on him. And that's what it is - rude. Show him you have better standards than he does. Your conscience will be clear while his won't be. It's amazing how much better your life is, and how much peace of mind you have, when you stop seeking passive aggressive revenge. Let it go.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:

I have a feeling that he will not answer (for legit reason or not) since it has been a few days and then call back when I am not available. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a month long game of phone tag

Old 10-21-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceege View Post
Ditto. Plus, two wrongs really don't make a right. If he wants to be rude, that's on him. And that's what it is - rude. Show him you have better standards than he does. Your conscience will be clear while his won't be. It's amazing how much better your life is, and how much peace of mind you have, when you stop seeking passive aggressive revenge. Let it go.

Good points. I will call him back but have a feeling it's going to be a game of phone tag. That's another reason I wanted to wait until the weekend because I'll have a better chance of getting ahold of him or vice versa but yeah that is too long to wait.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:10 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceege View Post
It's amazing how much better your life is, and how much peace of mind you have, when you stop seeking passive aggressive revenge.
Yep!

Old 10-21-2014, 06:42 PM

I called him back and of course no answer. I left a message so the ball is in his court again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships