Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 06:25 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times

Advertisements

I don't put too much stock into signs, but I find certain signs are the type of signs I like in my life. My best friends have always been Sagittarius (funny, talkative, confident) and Gemini's are entertaining to me so I like them around. My two long term relationships, including marriage, are Aquarius (detached, cerebral, type A personalities, in control). Anyone else find themselves having certain signs around them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 06:38 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
I believe in my own mind and intuition than astrology, I have no problem with it but I don't go behind them. By the way I am Sagittarius too I think.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:45 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
People who believe in astrology? Typically, i wouldn't trust them with a box of matches, because they're obviously not smart enough to disbelieve such baloney.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:44 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
People who believe in astrology? Typically, i wouldn't trust them with a box of matches, because they're obviously not smart enough to disbelieve such baloney.
It was just meant to be a fun, light-hearted thread. You don't have to believe in astrology to observe whether or not the people in your life have certain signs in relation to qualities or notice a pattern to the personalities in the friendships you develop. There's probably nothing to it, but I thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:11 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,051 times
Well I don't put too much stock in just a sun sign, but I have seen that I do well with Libras and Geminis. My sun is in Leo and my rising sign is Scorpio, and my moon is in Scorpio, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:20 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
It's all bunk.

Example is if you are ready to pop out at midnight between two signs. Makes no sense how one is going to be different at 11:59 PM or 12:01 AM.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:51 PM

20,385 posts, read 14,656,708 times
OP: Yes, absolutely. I don't believe in all of the horoscope baloney either and I'm just generally not that into astrology, but I'm also not such a hardcore skeptic that I need to scoff about it. Everything I've ever read about Capricorns is spot on about me, and it's NOT spot on about everyone I've known in life. I've found that some generalizations can be strangely observable, at least in my experience with multiple people of the same "sign."

Libras drive me nuts. I have had a few who have attached themselves to me, very needy, constantly require validation. Insecure. Need to be the center of attention, can't let others get a word in edgewise, even to the point where they will interrupt and talk over another person.

Scorpios I often get along with, but find them somewhat unstable. As in if they get upset they are liable to do really over the top things.

Cancers tend to be very pleasing to me. They find me interesting and that, I'm not ashamed to admit, tweaks my ego. My best friends have been Cancers. However, lesson learned: No friend can compete for a Cancer's time once they are in a relationship. Relationships trump friendships every time.

Virgos, I love 'em. They give me the nudge to take risks and so I always have a great time in their company. They're not scared of consequences, so they sometimes jump out there and DO things. But sometimes the lack of foresight gets them in trouble, and then they obsess over their worries and problems to a harmful degree. They can be flighty and flaky. A Virgo is always apologizing, but I'll always forgive them. They are charismatic. They usually view me as the super-stable calm haven, immovable and unshakeable, and three Virgos who didn't know each other have independently and spontaneously referred to me as a "rock."

Aries: I tend to get along with them well but on a really superficial level. Our senses of humor compliment one another, we get each other's jokes.

I don't have much experience with people of the other signs, no major relationships or meaningful patterns to speak of.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:33 PM

8,054 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Nope, everybody pretty much sucks regardless.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:34 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
I've never put any faith in astrology.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:31 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Interestingly, all my closest friends have always been supposedly my worst matches.. capricorn, gemini, libra.. I don't put too much stock into it, and all of my well-matched signs tend to be the most.. cringe-worthy relationships.

Although, my mom and I are both Sagitarians and I think she's funny as hell, and she think's I'm a crazy weirdo. We get along well.

Astrological signs are like a crapshoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships