U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:14 AM

49 posts, read 60,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
Vibes = body language.

You must be giving off cues. Don't approach me.
Not really. When I was in love with myself for some months I had the same posture and body language, yet people found me friendlier just because I was getting goosebumps from the excitement of loving myself again (yeah Louise Hay´s work coupled with a gluten-free diet really did wonders). It was like a honeymoon with life. Yet later I got discouraged that my Celiac might be just reaction to additives so I went on a gluten challenge in the summer up until October so I guess gluten is still in me and that makes me feel numb now. I hope everything will become good again and I will get that love I was starting to feel for myself as it made me like other people more. They say sometimes gluten antibodies stay in you for a very long time.

You could be disfigured and still attract a lot of friends so the body language thing is overrated. It is all about confidence and the soul. I know it seems like wishy washy new age stuff but it is real.Why do some very attractive people are alone while some not so attractive attract everyone? Because they´re comfortable with themselves and give off nice vibes. It somehow creates pheromones or electrical particles around you or something and others sense it. Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson were also beautiful yet Farrah had that it factor and thus she became the most popular one. Just like Marilyn. Some people have it naturally, others need to learn it or relearn it like me (as a kid I was attracting many friends, and I remember the girls came up to me* and even the negative people were kinda forgiving). We are animals and they do feel how we feel emotionally so I think we are able to get vibes too. I wonder if that might be the case with blood? I mean if I happen to have some Celtic blood in me would people with Celtic in them be more friendly to me than say Slavic ones? I´ve noticed that people that treat me the best are Indian or Jewish. I have not met members of all European nations but they take an antagonistic attitude, even my fellow country people.

*Perhaps the reason why I cannot approach girls is that before my Celiac crash and the HS abuse I was used to being approached by girls? I just didn´t have to learn it but since it is something that is better to be learned early now it feels unnatural to me. I´m already nearing my 30´s.

Last edited by Michele87; 10-29-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 05:22 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,585,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele87 View Post
I am starting to thing they do exist. I mean I am back at college and I have self-esteem issues. Most people ignore me like I am invisible. You can say ¨Well if they don´t approach you approach them first¨, but I see the same ones that don talk to me when sitting next to me approach other people. With me it is always me who has to do the approaching thing. What I want to know is why? Do I give off some bad vibes or something? How to cope with them? I think it is good to let it all out and tell them all I feel and that I think they are not good people in a calm, non-emotional way.
Yes. When I am feeling uncomfortable I notice people avoid me. I used to be bullied and in school I would get antagonised when I was not so confident... It is pretty obvious to me when someone is scared or feeling awkward. Vibes definitely exist and I can even read them online. Also school is like that most don't care about anyone and are only interested in popularity.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:45 AM

32,037 posts, read 32,879,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele87 View Post
I am starting to thing they do exist. I mean I am back at college and I have self-esteem issues. Most people ignore me like I am invisible. You can say ¨Well if they don´t approach you approach them first¨, but I see the same ones that don talk to me when sitting next to me approach other people. With me it is always me who has to do the approaching thing. What I want to know is why? Do I give off some bad vibes or something? How to cope with them? I think it is good to let it all out and tell them all I feel and that I think they are not good people in a calm, non-emotional way.
If you mean by "vibes" instinctive intuition" then yes I believe that one can sense instinctively whether it is a good idea to approach another person or not.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:09 PM

4,245 posts, read 5,971,309 times
Yeah, I sort of believe in the idea. You can sense things from people...it's subtle....but I can sense when things are off btw me and another person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships