Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 04:13 PM

49 posts, read 76,943 times

Advertisements

^Duh, I usually think I like this person first. I generally tend to be positive about most people until they disregard me preferring someone else to talk to. I switch to the bad person bit after they ignore me. Isn´t it ironic that people flock around people who love themselves, I guess that´s why many narcissists are surrounded by friends even though they only care about their gorgeousness. Society portrays narcissism as bad in the media, yet in real life it attracts others.

I have noticed that it is generally better not to be too early in the classroom as you get the power to chose next to whom to sit. If you go there early and sit alone on a desk you give power to the other students as they might not sit next to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 05:56 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,775,293 times
vibes really do exist

Old 10-28-2014, 08:48 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,294,923 times
I equate "vibes" with intuition - and, yes, it definitely exists. Unfortunately, not enough of us take heed of our own.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:40 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,409,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele87 View Post
I am starting to thing they do exist. I mean I am back at college and I have self-esteem issues. Most people ignore me like I am invisible. You can say ¨Well if they don´t approach you approach them first¨, but I see the same ones that don talk to me when sitting next to me approach other people. With me it is always me who has to do the approaching thing. What I want to know is why? Do I give off some bad vibes or something? How to cope with them? I think it is good to let it all out and tell them all I feel and that I think they are not good people in a calm, non-emotional way.
Yes. I believe vibes are very real. You are putting off a vibe that puts a certain aura around you. You don't even like the feel of it yourself, so why would anyone else? Feel as absolutely good as you can at all times. Be relaxed. Enjoy every moment for what it is, without the expectation that it should lead to somewhere else, somewhere "better." Every moment is its own end, its own thing. If you live like that, your life will be joyous and synchronistic. Not saying don't have goals. But allow for them to change. Go with what feels good and right. Believe at a core level people like you, and want to talk to you. Visualize and feel the feeling of people walking up and talking to you. Practice feeling relaxed, happy, and welcoming. Imagine laughing at their jokes, feeling warm and good and welcomed in their company... And then when people start coming up to you for real, it will feel natural. Like the logical next step.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
I don't have much to add since the posts were excellent!
Very smart people here.
So I will say diff stuff...

People are indeed drawn to pleasant, kind people they feel are comfortable to
be around...easy-going, non judgmental, easy to laughter, smiling and secure in themselves.
It's an unconscious magnetism.

Your everyday person is not equipped to reach out and be a friend to every
lonely, shy or depressed person...they are busy...it's not their thing...unless
they ARE a social worker or church person wanting to save you, maybe...

The chances of a fellow student even having the time to reach out is slim...they
want fun and laughter...helping a friend happens, but
comes later once the friendship is established.

But, to start a friendship with a needy person...young people
are just not 'there', usually.
There are some sweet angels out there, for sure. But, how often do we bump into
that special giving, caring, unselfish person?
(Usually in therapy! Ha)

Yeah, gluten intolerance wacks the mind out, chemical imbalances can make us nutty...and
aids in distorted thinking...as you've seen.

There is a great auto-suggestion technique that is very powerful and you can experiment for a couple weeks to see....
This is it: Write this the first day...many times...after that say it many times while relaxed and
comfortable, breathing easily, no stress...really feeling it.
Then, just think it like while brushing your teeth or at a red light. Ok...

"The more I, Michele, love myself, others will love me.
The more she, Michele, loves herself, the more others will love her.
The more you, Michele, love yourself, the more others will love you."

This hits all the subconscious ways we think of ourselves, "me, you ,she".
And you will start loving yourself...you will even walk and sit differently...think
how Marilyn Monroe walked! Uh-huh...you have that in you!
We all do...fat, slim, tall, short...it can exude from us.

Men fell in love with me like, obnoxiously crazy, when I did this...then their wives, dealing with
the situation after the hubby's confessed...fell in love with me and wanted
threesomes....this is a VERY powerful technique when done with deliberate intent.

Reprogram your mind to be the confident, pleasant, kind person you know you are.
Become what you really are...a great person...not needing others and watch.

My 2 cents, hoping to encourage you.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:43 AM

810 posts, read 1,341,922 times
Yes. With certain people, you'll always be on the same wavelength no matter what. As for a personal vibe, I'd be willing to guarantee you the average person gives off a better vibe on vacation in the Bahamas than they normally would.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:39 AM

49 posts, read 76,943 times
Thanks guys! I had one of the greatest days in my life ever since I was a kid back in early 2014 when I discovered Louise Hay´s teachings. Yet, for some reason now I have to put more effort.

Miss Hepburn, thanks but I am not a female. My name is the Italian male name for Michael. Anyway, I appreciate your comment and I do think Marilyn is a good example and so is Farrah Fawcett (I am straight but in order to attract a confident woman you have to be confident yourself) because both of them were nice to other people, yet the way they carried themselves had some attracting aura not present in many. Problem is I don´t know any male examples that seem sincere and down to earth. The media says guys have to be bad boys or something and that is so not me. They say it is not manly to smile, especially here in Europe it is regarded as feminine, yet I have to smile a lot to feel good (as a kid I was smiley face all the time). I guess Bruce Springsteen and Bryan Adams might come off as nice (=not your stereotypical bad boy jerks), yet confident?

Old 10-29-2014, 04:54 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
But, your eyes can smile!

Old 10-29-2014, 05:40 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,507,868 times
Vibes = body language.

You must be giving off cues. Don't approach me.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:03 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,362,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele87 View Post
Thanks guys! I had one of the greatest days in my life ever since I was a kid back in early 2014 when I discovered Louise Hay´s teachings. Yet, for some reason now I have to put more effort.

Miss Hepburn, thanks but I am not a female. My name is the Italian male name for Michael. Anyway, I appreciate your comment and I do think Marilyn is a good example and so is Farrah Fawcett (I am straight but in order to attract a confident woman you have to be confident yourself) because both of them were nice to other people, yet the way they carried themselves had some attracting aura not present in many. Problem is I don´t know any male examples that seem sincere and down to earth. The media says guys have to be bad boys or something and that is so not me. They say it is not manly to smile, especially here in Europe it is regarded as feminine, yet I have to smile a lot to feel good (as a kid I was smiley face all the time). I guess Bruce Springsteen and Bryan Adams might come off as nice (=not your stereotypical bad boy jerks), yet confident?
Don't be a jerk. You do have to be confident though, and that often comes off as being a jerk if you do it wrong.

There are definitely vibes, and a lot of it does have to do with body language. Try not to worry about it so much though or overthink it. Doing that is usually the biggest detriment to trying to find friends or communicate.

I actually did assume you were male from the OP. So, yes: You do usually need to be the one to initiate a conversation with others. Unless you're Brad Pitt or something. Most people aren't just going to approach you unless you're a 10/10. Charisma will take you far though, and that's not just a feature of appearance. edit: And people approaching you if you're attractive aren't limited to females. Attractive people attract others for all sorts of reasons, not just sexual ones. You need to be alpha without being an *******. It's a very tight balance. You'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships