U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:25 PM

271 posts, read 344,372 times

Advertisements

don't get defensive. the appropriate reaction to hear comments from a 26 yo pedophile about a 14 year old girl is outrage and disgust. the majority of people KNOW this which is why you are getting many strong responses. you are not overreacting to his behavior. you are WAY underreacting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 12:27 PM

12,544 posts, read 12,460,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humz View Post
But lately, starting last month, he's been joking about my younger sister. Specifically, he jokes about her having sex for the first time, her seeing penis, her giving bjs, her going into puberty, etc. I get really mad at him, he laughs it off and doesn't joke about her for a while, and then he starts again to get a rise out of me.

She's 14. He's 26. On top of all this, although I don't know the details, he has a felony on his record for sexually touching his own sister. I don't know how old he was though. It's not recent.

Every now and then, he mentions that he can't wait to meet my sister whenever she and my family come to visit me.

Get rid of him. Quickly.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:29 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,036,502 times
Ah sex jokes poor mans humor. He makes the jokes because you never told him to stop so he probably thinks its funny. In any case hes a sex offender....cut all contact.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:04 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,294,958 times
People tell you who they are.......he told you.

Now, use your head.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:13 PM

6,784 posts, read 3,763,138 times
I had a similar situation in high school. My brother took him out back and gave him a tune up.
End of problem.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:13 PM

28,906 posts, read 46,582,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humz View Post
There? See? Lacks so much common sense. Another insult in the same breath.

I'm cutting him off and out of my life. Done. You guys can continue calling me all kinds of names. Start calling me a retard and a ***** while you're at it. Tell me I deserve to die. I asked for advice on a forum from strangers after all!!
Truth hurts. And, based on your initial post, you needed the truth expressed rather forcefully, not soft-pedaled.

Let's review the bidding. You are needing advice from perfect strangers on a message board on whether or not you should continue with a relationship, whatever form it takes, with a convicted sex offender who has got the hots for your adolescent sister.

I'm just saying what everybody else on the planet is thinking. I'm awfully sure that the word 'clueless' entered into the brain of every single reader of your first post. All we're trying to do is save you from yourself.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinthejourney View Post
don't get defensive. the appropriate reaction to hear comments from a 26 yo pedophile about a 14 year old girl is outrage and disgust. the majority of people KNOW this which is why you are getting many strong responses. you are not overreacting to his behavior. you are WAY underreacting.
This.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:34 PM

4,709 posts, read 3,491,837 times
Be careful who you associate with in life.

If a guy -- who is in his mid-20's -- is STILL playing the sex joke card, he has issues.

If that same guy has a felony conviction for touching his sister in a sexual way, he's got SERIOUS issues.

And if that same guy is making sex jokes about your 14 year-old sister, he doesn't deserve your friendship.

He deserves a baseball bat to the back of his head.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:19 PM

8,985 posts, read 14,624,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Truth hurts. And, based on your initial post, you needed the truth expressed rather forcefully, not soft-pedaled.

Let's review the bidding. You are needing advice from perfect strangers on a message board on whether or not you should continue with a relationship, whatever form it takes, with a convicted sex offender who has got the hots for your adolescent sister.

I'm just saying what everybody else on the planet is thinking. I'm awfully sure that the word 'clueless' entered into the brain of every single reader of your first post. All we're trying to do is save you from yourself.
Pretty much sums it up.

On the bolded part - also they were trying to save your sister from possibly being placed in a very dangerous situation by an older sister who apparently doesn't have good judgment. Here is an idea - tell your father, to get his take on it.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Pretty much sums it up.

On the bolded part - also they were trying to save your sister from possibly being placed in a very dangerous situation by an older sister who apparently doesn't have good judgment. Here is an idea - tell your father, to get his take on it.
I'm a dad. I would ask for the guy's name and track him down. And by the time we were done, he would most certainly know that if the guy came anywhere within twenty miles of either of my daughters, then I'd start removing body parts with a spoon I sharpened on the driveway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or