U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 12:04 PM

2,972 posts, read 1,538,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
reach out to contact you, then when you respond, don't write back?!

A guy I used to chat with/went out on a date years ago & would occasionally come to his shows (he's a D List celeb) recently contacted me on FB to catch up. We aren't friends on FB, haven't talked in two years, but I signed onto FB yesterday, saw his message was sent last week...responded with three sentences and he didn't write back, although I see he saw the message.

Guys, what's up with this behavior? Why reach out to someone then not write her back?
Only he can answer this question but it is not one I would ask. Usually, if somebody is not responding to my messages (maximum I will leave is 2), I usually wait until I run into them to ask, "Hi! Did you get my message?" I also would not purposely try to run into them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 01:34 PM

575 posts, read 1,046,294 times
Well, as one of those people - I might be able to give you an idea.

I'm almost always doing something. Not always anything big but maybe cleaning my house or doing homework, watching TV, whatever. There have been so many times where I've read a message or text someone has sent me, got distracted by what I was doing, then forgot to respond for days. Happens all the time. My friends have just kind of accepted that that's how I roll and if I don't respond within 12 hours, message me again lol.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:01 AM

735 posts, read 726,959 times
It's not just guys who do that. I've had friends & relatives I haven't talked to in years contact me then disappear again because they evidently had some free time to think of the good times we had in the past and decided to contact me and others whom they were thinking of... then, afterward, their lives turned busy again or continued as normal.

I don't take offense because my life is busy, too, and I feel lucky to be remembered enough to be contacted at all years after losing contact with someone. Sometimes I also feel like contacting some old friends who moved away and I haven't talked to in a long time, but these are busy times for me and I'm betting their lives are also filled with activity.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:03 PM

347 posts, read 326,403 times
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm over it and don't really care anymore.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:46 AM

8 posts, read 4,992 times
just ask him instead of wondering why. if he is into you and you like him, great. If he isn't, there are lots of awesome guys out there

Old 11-02-2014, 12:58 AM

4,294 posts, read 3,070,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
reach out to contact you, then when you respond, don't write back?!

A guy I used to chat with/went out on a date years ago & would occasionally come to his shows (he's a D List celeb) recently contacted me on FB to catch up. We aren't friends on FB, haven't talked in two years, but I signed onto FB yesterday, saw his message was sent last week...responded with three sentences and he didn't write back, although I see he saw the message.

Guys, what's up with this behavior? Why reach out to someone then not write her back?
If you two are not friends on FB your message definitely go to the "other mails" when I had FB I used to use that option to avoid unknown people messages. I did not check that apart in box at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships