U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 03:27 PM

15,697 posts, read 26,694,100 times

Advertisements

Well at least I can change channels. I do sometimes get sucked into one of my wife's shows on Lifetime. Just never understood why Lifetime can't show positive things that happen to women, or am I missing it? Anyway back to Pawn Stars or some car show where at least I know what is going on and it won't give me a headache thinking about it. Now anyone have a cold one they can pass my way? I will be on the couch.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:34 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,359,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarAllenPoe1800 View Post
People, people, you are taking this way too seriously.

Obviously I am not the OP - the username should be a clue.

There's no way the original poster is coming back to this thread. People have pointed out multiple inconsistencies in his story and outed him on some dating sites.

I was only taking the suggestion of someone else to give the story a fitting ending. Maybe I should have made it a "choose your own adventure." (Anyone remember those?)

I'd delete the post now, if I could. It would be a moot point, though, since it's already been quoted multiple times.
Don't worry. Some of us did understand your post was all in fun and where you were coming from.

I think others may not have read the whole thread so they didn't just didn't get it.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:42 PM

12,304 posts, read 10,723,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarAllenPoe1800 View Post
People, people, you are taking this way too seriously.

Obviously I am not the OP - the username should be a clue.

There's no way the original poster is coming back to this thread. People have pointed out multiple inconsistencies in his story and outed him on some dating sites.

I was only taking the suggestion of someone else to give the story a fitting ending. Maybe I should have made it a "choose your own adventure." (Anyone remember those?)

I'd delete the post now, if I could. It would be a moot point, though, since it's already been quoted multiple times.
Well, I found your original post rather entertaining! I'm out reps though. Bummer.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:02 PM

13,512 posts, read 8,501,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlee3_46041 View Post
So here is the deal.............
Yeah, we've been there. Only our psycho was our cleaning lady! We got these long love letters, almost, and 2 voice messages from this apparently unstable woman.

We had always known she was a little "our there" but we didn't understand the extent of her neurosis.

Lock your doors. Screen your calls. NO NOT REPLY. DO NOT LET HER KNOW SHE IS BLOCKED. Total silence is your best chance.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:25 PM

1,752 posts, read 1,647,078 times
Quote:
One friend, who is a woman, considered me her best friend even though we'd only talk about 6 times a year and that would only happen usually because she was having guy trouble so she'd call me and want to talk. I saw her 3 days before my family and I moved away and we said our goodbyes then.

The 3rd day, we arrive at our new home late in the afternoon and there are a bunch more of the same missed calls, this time from a 3rd number, texts, voicemails, and emails again. Over a 3 day trip, she called me close to 140 times and left 112 texts.

She went to the police and filed a missing person's report on me. .

When I get home, about 2 hours later, I turn my phone back on and see more missed calls and texts from this woman, but I also see some missed calls from my mom. My mom doesn't text, but she did this time. The police had knocked on her door to ask questions about my whereabouts.
Highlights from the OP that screams mental illness of some sort.

She knew you were moving, but filed a missing persons report? 140 calls and 112 texts in 3 days?

Not sure she's dangerous, but I wouldn't take the chance. I would consider a restraining order!

Old 11-04-2014, 04:41 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Quote:
So here is the deal. I recently moved to a new city about 2000 miles away from my old city. I had several friends that I considered close friends in the old city. One friend, who is a woman, considered me her best friend even though we'd only talk about 6 times a year and that would only happen usually because she was having guy trouble so she'd call me and want to talk. I saw her 3 days before my family and I moved away and we said our goodbyes then.

I told my wife that while we were driving here, I wasn't going to communicate with anybody in the old city except for my parents, who lived there, and my friend across the street from us. The guy across the street was going to ship something to us, but wanted us to be close before he shipped it so we'd be there when it arrived. Obviously, with my parents, it was just to let them know that we were doing ok so they wouldn't worry about the drive cross country even though we'd done it before.

Within 2 hours of us leaving the house for the final time, my phone started ringing. My wife looked at it since I was driving at the time and saw it was the female friend. I told her she could answer if she wanted, but I wasn't going to talk to her. I didn't view her as a close friend even though she viewed me as her best friend. So my wife doesn't answer. The first day, we drove about 11 hours and when we stopped for the night, I had 32 missed calls, all from her, and 17 voicemails from her along with more than 50 texts. Well, that just p*ssed me off considering she knew exactly what I was doing and decided to call nonstop anyway. I didn't return her calls or texts because she wasn't one of the people that I was going to communicate with on the way anyway. The next day, it's the same thing. Phone rings nonstop except this time, some of the calls and texts are from a different number. I learned later on that it was her ex-husband's number. This guy doesn't like me and I don't like him so I definitely don't want my number on his phone. The 2nd day, we only drove about 8 hours. The kids were hungry a little earlier and it was a good place to stop so we called it a night early. I checked my phone at the hotel and I had a bunch more missed calls, voicemails, texts, and even emails this time. The 3rd day, we arrive at our new home late in the afternoon and there are a bunch more of the same missed calls, this time from a 3rd number, texts, voicemails, and emails again. Over a 3 day trip, she called me close to 140 times and left 112 texts. Now, you could say I'm wrong for not responding to her, but like I said, I don't consider her a close friend so I wouldn't go out of my way to let her know I'm ok and more than likely, all she wanted to talk about was guy trouble. Well, I'm a guy so I don't want to hear her bashing other men and I'm happy in my marriage so what she's experiencing is something I can't relate to.

So, my first full day in my new home, she calls me at 7am her time, which is 4am here. I'm half asleep and extremely mad about somebody calling me at 4am so I don't even look at the number except to make sure it doesn't say mom or dad on it. They would have been the only people that could call at that time and if they were doing it, it meant something had happened to one of them. So I answer the phone and just blow up on whoever is on the other end. It ends up being this woman that called me so much during the move. She's crying and I can't understand a word she says because honestly, I don't care at this point. All of a sudden, I catch something that she says, but being so tired and so mad, I'm not sure I heard it right so I asked her to repeat it. She went to the police and filed a missing person's report on me. I completely lost it when she said that. I woke up my wife, my kids, and I think one of my neighbors because their lights came on also, but they may just be waking up for work too so I don't know about that. She's lucky that she was on the phone because if she was here, you'd probably be reading about me in the current events or the true crime forums. I have never in my entire life wanted to hurt somebody so bad. So I say my piece to her, none of which was nice, and hang up and turn off my phone so she can't call back. I try to go back to sleep, but was just so mad that I couldn't so I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I used to live here before so I knew the neighborhood fairly well and felt safe doing so. Besides, in my mood, I don't think anybody was going to mess with me and survive to see another day.

I leave my phone at home since I'd turned it off anyway because it wasn't going to be any use to anybody trying to get ahold of me. When I get home, about 2 hours later, I turn my phone back on and see more missed calls and texts from this woman, but I also see some missed calls from my mom. My mom doesn't text, but she did this time. The police had knocked on her door to ask questions about my whereabouts. Now, my mom had heard from me when we got here, but I not since then, but she knew that I had arrived and was ok. However, because of this woman, my mom was worried sick because the police were telling her that there was a missing person's report out for me.

I don't even know what brought this on from this woman. Like I said, we'd see each other about 6 times a year, almost always at her request because she was having guy trouble. She considered me her best friend even though we weren't close at all. I can't see her coming her looking for me, but I can't rule it out either. She has no money because she quit her job for her last boyfriend so she could watch his 4 kids all day long and since they've broken up, she has no income. However, her ex-husband wants her back and will do anything for her even if it means giving her the money for a plane ticket to get here if she asks him to. I never thought this woman was like this, but now I'm afraid for my family, but not afraid for my own life.
OH MY GOSH Mental case for sure. Document this all with a lawyer and police report, just in case you need it in the future.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:44 PM

12,304 posts, read 10,723,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
OH MY GOSH Mental case for sure. Document this all with a lawyer and police report, just in case you need it in the future.
Loves....keeping reading....oh and grab a cold beverage and some popcorn. You're in for a ride!

Old 11-04-2014, 04:45 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Loves....keeping reading....oh and grab a cold beverage and some popcorn. You're in for a ride!
hahahahaha, thanks for the tip!! I made the mistake of just reading the OP before glancing at the thread - geez

Old 11-04-2014, 06:36 PM

5,323 posts, read 2,299,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
This was his wife posting because she found his account. She's not that internet savy so she didn't read all the past posts under his name where he has a different ego. She came on and told the truth as she see's it: Husband and kids, this woman from back home, just a friend, is now stalking my poor hubby! She even went so far as to report him missing!
Or...he really did have a GF on the side, then decided better of it & bolted out of Dodge. Psycho GF no likey.

Or...it's all a made up story. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah, we've been there. Only our psycho was our cleaning lady! We got these long love letters, almost, and 2 voice messages from this apparently unstable woman.

We had always known she was a little "our there" but we didn't understand the extent of her neurosis.

Lock your doors. Screen your calls. NO NOT REPLY. DO NOT LET HER KNOW SHE IS BLOCKED. Total silence is your best chance.
Umm...did you read the thread?

I love when people comment without reading beyond the first post...16 pages says hello.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:05 PM

17 posts, read 11,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
Don't worry. Some of us did understand your post was all in fun and where you were coming from.

I think others may not have read the whole thread so they didn't just didn't get it.
Thank you all. I can't believe some didn't realize it was tongue-in-cheek, and I needed to explain. The psycho comment cut a little deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE
I do sometimes get sucked into one of my wife's shows on Lifetime.
The hackneyed ending of a Lifetime movie or lame stalker drama was exactly what I was going for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or