U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 06:05 PM

11,245 posts, read 21,692,851 times

Advertisements

Then there's the part where OP says he's worried for his family's safety (but not his own). Combine that with OP's intense interest in the Scott Peterson wife-killing case, as evidenced by his posts in the True Crime forum, and we may have a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlee3_46041 View Post
I never thought this woman was like this, but now I'm afraid for my family, but not afraid for my own life.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:08 PM

8,985 posts, read 14,640,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL...yes she is in the trunk.

I called BS as soon as I read the OP. VERY FEW married men have female "best friends" that are just friends.
I am really good friends with a couple of guys - but also know and like AND talk to their wives. I don't see how close friends would not know the spouse.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:25 PM

6,040 posts, read 4,417,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
I have suspected that some of these threads are from newbie writers working out their plots, and maybe to gauge interest level. Other posters are their beta readers.
I actually sometimes believe it's a contest among a handful of people with nothing better to do.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:33 PM

7,310 posts, read 4,938,475 times
So is the OP trying to lead a double life or did he make up this story altogether? He should just come back and tell us so we can help him.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:36 PM

16,801 posts, read 14,484,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
It never really dawned on me how many people here probably make up stories in this forum. Makes me want to reevaluate what types of threads I want to participate in. Kinda creepy, the idea that some people are that bored. With that imagination, go write some short stories.
They are easy to spot after awhile. Debunking these fantasists can be quite entertaining.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL...yes she is in the trunk.

I called BS as soon as I read the OP. VERY FEW married men have female "best friends" that are just friends.
Especially "best friends" who talk only 6 times a year and don't even know the names of the other's spouses and kids! What a laugh.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:42 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,038,577 times
BS story or you had an affair. We'll never know...

Old 11-02-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Then there's the part where OP says he's worried for his family's safety (but not his own). Combine that with OP's intense interest in the Scott Peterson wife-killing case, as evidenced by his posts in the True Crime forum, and we may have a problem.
Yikes. Maybe he really is looking for a cover story by posting here, as others have suggested? The attention to erroneous details, the overexplaining and the username that is easily matched to a real identity...

Sends a chill up my spine!

Old 11-03-2014, 12:08 AM

2,064 posts, read 3,687,163 times
sounds like you need to tell her that you're fine but don't want to talk to her again and make it clear.

i have had friends (real friends) who freaked out because they couldn't reach me by cell phone for ONE DAY. this was way back in the day when many people didn't even have cell phones and if you did, you kept it off a lot of the time anyway because battery life sucked. i only had my phone on sometimes but it was mostly off and i just didn't feel like answering my home phone (or check messages from remote either).

i swear, all i did was go the library to study and read for a day and i got all these stupid calls and voicemails and towards the end of the day, i had multiple friends calling (because friends started calling other friends to see if they knew where i was) and these guys started calling local area hospitals to see if anyone came in from an accident, etc.

again, this was from ONE DAY! people are just really stupid sometimes.

on a related note, one of my best friends was working as an attorney and had a really late night. he went to bed at around 4am (in Southern California) and didn't get up until around 1pm. He got up, saw that he had around 10 messages on his answering machine. His cell phone was out of battery and was off. He didn't think much of it and just drove his car into work. the streets were kind of empty and his office building in downtown LA had the gate closed in the parking lot so he used his building card to open the gate. That usually only happened on weekends but this was a weekday.

He went into the building and found it mostly empty. A security guard came up to him and said "what are you doing here?" and my friend said "i work here. wtf did you think i'm doing here?" and just walked into the elevator to his office.

His law firm was empty. Eerie.

Felt like he was in the twilight zone. But he noticed that a tv set was still on in the kitchen so he walked over and saw what was going on.

The date was 9/11/2001. Downtown LA was evacuated.

RVD.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:45 AM

11,231 posts, read 8,377,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Block her number.
And possibly get a restraining order.
No brainer.

I think you hit the psycho term right on the head. (not intended as a suggestion)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or