Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do confront line skippers?
Yes, I confront line skippers. 175 71.14%
No, I don't confront line skippers. 54 21.95%
I've never had someone skip in line. 17 6.91%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 05:18 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I was next in line. This woman cut in front of me. I decided to let her go because I had a gut feeling that something bad was going to happen to her for doing that. And whaddya know? Her card was declined. She heard me snicker and I gave her the death stare. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I guess that's what you get for line skipping." Someone behind me clapped.
I will sometimes say "you know, that isn't very nice." I do this to people who have a place holder in line while someone else keeps shopping, and those who use the express line for a huge load of items, or if they have a complicated transaction such as a return of opened goods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 03:24 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Your response seems kind of pointless, since your gut feeling doesn't mean much of anything. It makes more sense to actually speak up. I hope you don't consider what you did as "confronting.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:28 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Your response seems kind of pointless, since your gut feeling doesn't mean much of anything. It makes more sense to actually speak up. I hope you don't consider what you did as "confronting.
Whose "gut feeling"?

Old 10-05-2015, 09:58 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
I confront then with my fists!!!

-Internet Tuff Guy

Old 10-05-2015, 11:03 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,664,594 times
No, I don't. People are too cray-cray these days.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:30 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
I'm surprised that people equate place holders with line skippers. If someone is standing in line waiting, they've earned their turn, even if someone else is the one walking around doing the shopping. If you figure that it's say 30 minutes to shop and 30 minutes to stand in line, they've put in their 60 minutes, just divided it by 2 people. They aren't cutting in front of anyone else to try to save time.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm surprised that people equate place holders with line skippers. If someone is standing in line waiting, they've earned their turn, even if someone else is the one walking around doing the shopping. If you figure that it's say 30 minutes to shop and 30 minutes to stand in line, they've put in their 60 minutes, just divided it by 2 people. They aren't cutting in front of anyone else to try to save time.
The problem is that the line holder often ends up at the cashier before the shopper and there line is held up while the shopper sprints to the line and has to wedge their cart in between everyone And just disrupts the flow of everything.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:08 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
The problem is that the line holder often ends up at the cashier before the shopper and there line is held up while the shopper sprints to the line and has to wedge their cart in between everyone And just disrupts the flow of everything.
Oh no, not the cart. Well, at least not for us anyways. It doesn't happen very often, but once in a while when shopping I would think that he picked up the item and he might have thought that I picked it up, so one of us might make a mad dash to retrieve "forgotten" item. 99 9/10ths of the time we are back in time.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Oh no, not the cart. Well, at least not for us anyways. It doesn't happen very often, but once in a while when shopping I would think that he picked up the item and he might have thought that I picked it up, so one of us might make a mad dash to retrieve "forgotten" item. 99 9/10ths of the time we are back in time.
That is fine by me. It's those who walk into a store, see a line, and one person begins waiting in line (with nothing in hand) while the other shops. Then the person waiting in line does this ridiculous dance where they look for their significant other heading to find them. Until they find them heading their way, they move back in line as they approach the register. They turn to the person behind them when their turn comes up and say "oh go ahead" all politely since their shopper isn't there yet. I've seen people have to tell 20+ people to "go ahead" while they continue to wait as the 2nd person in line.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:22 PM

865 posts, read 1,488,011 times
I never had anyone skip in line...however, I did have someone ram a cart up to my butt and push it...giving me no space to move as I moved forward. I was really irritated, and pushed her cart back. She was so oblivious to it - I had to say something to her because she was just so rude and actually her cart was touching my butt!!! I couldn't move!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships