Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 10:25 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,091,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
I think OP got in her pumpkin and rode away at midnight. . . .
Did you see the video I posted on the Disney horse drawn carriage? They look like fancy hamster balls on wheels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 10:32 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,241,976 times
I looked at it. I just can't imagine someone wanting that. Personally, I have never had a good time at a big fancy wedding. I've always had a blast at smaller, simpler affairs. I think weddings that are inclusive of friends and family have radiant, beautiful brides.

Big over the top weddings seem to come with ice queen brides. Can't muss my dress by talking with the guests kind of thing.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:58 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,677,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
Just some random persons Disney themed wedding. At about 1.30 ish you see the interesting stuff and the horse drawn carriage. It makes for an unforgettable entrance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqTTBjX9I5I
To each her own and all that, but nothing about that video appeals to me. The disconnect between the bride in the carriage and the guests sitting there in their regular clothes made the whole thing look like an uncomfortable performance.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:22 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,168,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
To each her own and all that, but nothing about that video appeals to me. The disconnect between the bride in the carriage and the guests sitting there in their regular clothes made the whole thing look like an uncomfortable performance.
LOL. Not only that, but there looked to be about 10 guests, if that. So it was a performance dud.

"Look at me, everybody. I'm a PRINCESS! Wait, where is everybody?"

Old 11-08-2014, 07:42 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
LOL. Not only that, but there looked to be about 10 guests, if that. So it was a performance dud.

Little kids playing dress up.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:50 PM

10,111 posts, read 19,368,132 times
I read a Disney wedding cost around $70,000 and that was several years ago!

My suggestion to OP---Grow Up! Stop daydreaming about riding around in a glass carriage, having a grand ball for a reception, etc, etc. Those are the day dreams of a little girl. Sure, I dreamed of a fancy wedding when I was a child, too. I also dreamed about being a Nun, and we weren't even Catholic

Childhood dreams belong in childhood. A wedding isn't the same thing as a marriage. Try to look beyond that day and focus on the rest of your life. Oh, a suggestion for your wedding gown----some Big Girl Panties!

Old 11-08-2014, 07:59 PM

10,111 posts, read 19,368,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post

The whole thing looks cheesy to me! Personally, I would feel like a damned a$$ if I were the bride. The mother looks resigned, like, well, if this is how she wants to spend her money.......looks like the mother found her dress off the clearance rack from WalMart . The guests look similarly attired. In short, no one dressed up for the farce except the bride!

Old 11-08-2014, 08:23 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,593,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post

LOL, exactly. There sure were a lot of empty chairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
The whole thing looks cheesy to me! Personally, I would feel like a damned a$$ if I were the bride. The mother looks resigned, like, well, if this is how she wants to spend her money.......looks like the mother found her dress off the clearance rack from WalMart . The guests look similarly attired. In short, no one dressed up for the farce except the bride!
That's because they spent their money on airfare and a hotel room...LOL.

It looked very cheesy. I wonder if any of the guests had a hard time to keep from laughing.

One of the nicest weddings I went to was very simple, in a botanical garden with a buffet. That couple bought a nice house which is now paid off. They both had good jobs and decided a house was more important than blowing 50K for one day.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:30 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,241,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
In short, no one dressed up for the farce except the bride!
And she forgot to cover up the tat on her back. Why wear a strapless dress like that?

Old 11-08-2014, 08:31 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,091,149 times
I'm in the wrong business.

It cost $1,425.00 for Mickey and Minnie to show up to the wedding and they only stay a half hour.

https://www.disneyweddings.com/calif...ricing/wishes/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships