Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 08:35 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
None of that is relevant.
Functioning alcoholics can and do accomplish those.
You are living proof of it!
Other functioning alcoholics even have jobs and their own home. My sister has both. She hasn't lived with her parents since she was 19. She worked 3 jobs in college to pay for her apartment and she still graduated a year early with honors. Doesn't mean she's not an alcoholic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 08:38 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,623 times
It doesn't matter if she is an alcoholic or not. A person isn't supposed to drink at all if they have have Hep C.

Even moderate drinking may be risky with hepatitis C | Fox News

Old 11-15-2014, 12:03 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,288,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Growing up, my parents were social drinkers, drinking 2-3 beers on the weekends with friends. They never drank at home by themselves. So....When I became of age, at first I never drank a drop of any kind of alcohol. Not even on my 21st birthday. She was so concerned with me not wanting to become an alcoholic so I stayed sober. She claims to come from a family of alcoholics. Whatever, if that was so true, I don't understand her reasoning of being best friends to a couple that LOVED to drink beer on the weekends.

Fast foward a few years, I reunited with a childhood friend and we started hanging out literally every weekend. That's when my taste of alcohol began. Sure, it had me doing stupid things, none of it legal though. I'm smart enough to limit myself to a few beers and NOT drive when I'm feelin' buzzed.

I remember when I started drinking at social gatherings with my childhood friend and my mom happened to be there, she'd watch me like a hawk. At the time, I was probably 26yrs. old. I still hadn't ever gone to a bar for a drink and ironically live minutes away from one. Seriously.... my mom had instilled this fear in me not to drink because she was so afraid of me becoming an alcoholic.

It was probably until I was 28yrs. old before I even had the courage to go to the local bar by myself for a drink. I remember being scared ordering my first drink. I probably looked like a deer caught in headlights. I was too nervous to talk to anyone and at first would lie when people asked my name at the bar.

Fast foward to now, about 7yrs later, I no longer hang out with my childhood friend and only talk if we happen to run in to each other. I do drink, most of the time, its beer. Alone, at home, for the most part so I can get drunk. Only 2-3x a week.
Why do you feel the need to get drunk 2-3x a week? Just because someone else does it, that doesn't mean you should. Why is that OK for you?

Old 11-15-2014, 12:13 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
I get almost drunk daily 3-4 beers. I have to do this because about 2-3 hours after I wake up, I feel like I am going crazy. Might be from the anti-depressant & anti-anxiety pills withdrawal, which get me several hours of poor sleep, but have dozens of horrible side effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
And they usually have a drinking problem.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:25 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
Drinking + hep C, you might want Himalaya Herbal Health Care Liver Care Formula. This is on Amazon $20 shipped by subscription for 90 day supply. Fools some Docs to thinking patient has quit as it can improve liver very fast, like 2 weeks.

Quote:
Both? IDK

Drinking problem? nope. Hep C? yeah...

I pay my bills on time
My home is kept tidy
My pets are well taken care of
I have no credit card debt. Never been a fan of using credit cards

Old 11-15-2014, 07:32 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Directed to the OP, yes?
Yes .. Sorry if that was not clear

Old 11-15-2014, 09:47 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
I don't need a treatment program.

I just don't understand why my mon felt so strongly against alcohol when she was a social drinker herself and even sh*t-talked her best friends behind their back that they "party" too much with drinking on the weekends. Thats not something a good friend would do.

I didn't even start drinking 'til I was like 26
You can give all the excuses you want about how you are NOT a problem drinker but you'd be wise to get evaluated, especially considering your liver condition. The fact that you're on here asking silly questions about your mom, ostensibly, makes it apparent that you are questioning your own behavior. Get EVALUATED.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:31 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Please, do who ever you serve a favor and do real genuine research on it.
I hate it when people make claims and then expect everyone else to research their claims. If you're going to state something like that, back it up with sources.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:34 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Both? IDK

Drinking problem? nope. Hep C? yeah...

I pay my bills on time
My home is kept tidy
My pets are well taken care of
I have no credit card debt. Never been a fan of using credit cards

I'm very glad your pets are well taken care of. YOU on the other hand, are NOT well taken care of. You're killing yourself.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:12 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Quote:
I bet you're one of those people that don't drink
Yes, but I used to. Until I had three relatives almost kill themselves with drinking. If you really have Hep C and you continue to drink you are in effect committing suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships