Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 09:48 PM

104 posts, read 152,903 times

Advertisements

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Ancient wise words all men and women know -even before and after they cheat. We, observers, also know these wise words. Why strip ourselves of compassion -as apparently the adulterer did while he cheated, and skew our perception to accommodate an adulterer? Why can't we support the the woman scorned by no fault of her own design?

Cheats don't respect the boundaries, rules and/or basic human rights of anyone. They lack control and thus can never be fully trusted. They are bullies. Their victims have the right to assert themselves and warn others of this person. That is what kind respectful people do ...inform others of danger; they don't let others sail into a typhoon without warning. So why should we bully the victim even more with the refusal to validate her pain and anger -she was scorned! Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:41 AM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I was checking my Facebook a little while ago and saw a friend's name come up on my wall, and he rarely to never posts anything on Facebook. His wife tagged him in a post with a bunch of hashtags about his cheating! He's 28, she's 24, and they've been married seven years, with three kids. I feel especially terrible for the wife because she's never worked outside the home and they've been a traditional, religious family. He's also experienced first-hand what cheating does to a family, as his own father, who was a minister, got caught about a decade ago cheating on his very good looking wife with teenage boys.

His behavior is disturbing, but have you ever seen people post their marital problems on Facebook like this? Do you think she wants to lash out and ruin his reputation publicly? Wouldn't you want to keep this private? Is it a heat of the moment decision?
Not my friends or relatives, but their friends will tag them in posts about all kinds of drama, so I get to see it/read it.

Incredible the way some people lead their lives. Top of the list is young moms with several kids by several dads, whining about said dads not paying attention to kids or paying child support. Yet, continue on and say they don't need anyone to help them, they can do it all by themselves.

So which one is it? LOL

Very eye opening. I guess I have led a sheltered life. Last night one tagged person was crying (posted a pic of herself) because she turned 50 and I guess it wasn't celebrated the way she wanted or expected. Geez....

Old 11-15-2014, 09:14 AM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
3 of the first 8 threads listed currently on the non-romantic relationships forum involve Facebook (not that the cheating itself isn't a huge problem...but this thread is ultimately about the FB post). It's a website and it's absolutely pathetic that it causes so much turmoil in people's lives. Please watch what you post.
I was thinking that city-data needs a facebook subforum.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:37 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Very sad IMO, I can see venting to close family/friends but I bet she'll regret it before long.

I would personally not respond to it online whatsoever.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:49 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
This was sad and posted on Facebook at their seven year anniversary two months ago.

I am so blessed to call you my husband! I am so proud of how hard you are working to achieve your career goals, you are doing an AMAZING job! Love you with all my heart and look forward to growing old with you -- xoxo
I sometimes wonder even when I see positive messages like this on FB. To me, it seems too private to post -- I mean, shouldn't this be in a personal card to the husband and not plastered all over social media? I do have a FB account and use it quite a bit, but whenever I see messages from one person to another that used to be the type of message that would be just between them, I wonder if these people aren't a little too dramatic and public for their own good.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:33 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Apparently it went from bad to worse.

Sent her a message on Facebook. He got fired from his job over this and is suicidal. I tried to call the number she provided, but she says he isn't answering his phone. The other woman was a 20 year old shift manager, and he was nearly an operator, running his own restaurant. He has been at this local fast food restaurant since he was 15, save a few years in the drafting business, so not only is the wife gone, she'll have no income coming from him since he has no income, and his name is mud at the only employer he's had consistently since high school

Old 11-15-2014, 07:36 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,204,523 times
Quote:
I was checking my Facebook a little while ago and saw a friend's name come up on my wall, and he rarely to never posts anything on Facebook. His wife tagged him in a post with a bunch of hashtags about his cheating! He's 28, she's 24, and they've been married seven years, with three kids. I feel especially terrible for the wife because she's never worked outside the home and they've been a traditional, religious family. He's also experienced first-hand what cheating does to a family, as his own father, who was a minister, got caught about a decade ago cheating on his very good looking wife with teenage boys.

His behavior is disturbing, but have you ever seen people post their marital problems on Facebook like this? Do you think she wants to lash out and ruin his reputation publicly? Wouldn't you want to keep this private? Is it a heat of the moment decision?
No I haven't seen anything of the sort. That is one of the most childish things I have heard to date.
People will be laughing at her and talking behind his back due to this, there is no need to have her whole life posted on there. I think you should delete her and ignore this.

I would be embaressed for her. I used to vent on FB but soon learn't that people read it and alot of people go on to nosy so I try and keep things short.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:08 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Apparently it went from bad to worse.

Sent her a message on Facebook. He got fired from his job over this and is suicidal. I tried to call the number she provided, but she says he isn't answering his phone. The other woman was a 20 year old shift manager, and he was nearly an operator, running his own restaurant. He has been at this local fast food restaurant since he was 15, save a few years in the drafting business, so not only is the wife gone, she'll have no income coming from him since he has no income, and his name is mud at the only employer he's had consistently since high school
Well that's just awful. Plenty of bad behavior to go around, but they might have worked through it or at least had an amicable split if she hadn't posted on FB.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:12 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
I knew a couple where he cheated and she posted about it on FB. They had a teenage son and most of her FB friends were her son's real life friends. I understood that she was angry and hurt but it was humiliating for their son and embarrassing all sround.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:02 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Honestly, if it were me I'd want to keep things quiet and deal with them personally rather than airing our dirty laundry. But, that said, it's not her job to keep his indiscretions secret if she doesn't want to. He broke his marriage vows - why should anyone else assume their relationships (professional, friendship, etc.) are going to be held any more sacred? It wasn't the most practical move on her part, and will generate a lot of unnecessary gossip for looky-loos, but don't blame the whistleblower, blame the wrongdoer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships