Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 10:14 AM

307 posts, read 245,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
To me it sounds like the name of a person who is eloquent and interesting, and in touch with their own insecurities and confusion. It's evocative and a bit poetic.
WOW! Thank you

Now the explanation – I originally signed up on CD under an adaptation of another username that I use frequently on other forums/ websites. I never really planned to post much, if any, as all I really wanted was a place to conduct research and gather info for our (my wife and I) plans to move to Colorado. I’m a big sci-fi fan (Star wars, The Matrix, Dune, etc.) and my screen saver is the green cascading symbols that, in the move, make up the Matrix. One day after reading countless threads about CO and the COS area among others, I found myself just sitting there, thinking a hundred different thoughts about my life now and what I hoped it to be in CO, jobs, selling the old house, buying a new place, Temp housing, schools, and so on…. All the while just staring into the raining code on my monitors. I felt overwhelmed and a bit lost. The next day I changed my username.

Quote:
Or someone that picked the wrong pill. (Do you want the red one, or the blue....)
That’s an interesting point, which one would you consider the wrong pill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 10:15 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,124,703 times
Quote:
That tells me a lot about you as a person (all good and all interesting). Thanks for the explanation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyYhZ9HH8cI

more like this :-)

Finn Sailing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGscya_LorE

Old 11-24-2014, 10:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
more like this :-)

Finn Sailing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGscya_LorE
That is AWESOME! I would love to do something like that. Not sure I have the abilities required but it looks like amazing fun. I love the ocean, love the water, love the freedom and power of it.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:27 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
WOW! Thank you

Now the explanation – I originally signed up on CD under an adaptation of another username that I use frequently on other forums/ websites. I never really planned to post much, if any, as all I really wanted was a place to conduct research and gather info for our (my wife and I) plans to move to Colorado. I’m a big sci-fi fan (Star wars, The Matrix, Dune, etc.) and my screen saver is the green cascading symbols that, in the move, make up the Matrix. One day after reading countless threads about CO and the COS area among others, I found myself just sitting there, thinking a hundred different thoughts about my life now and what I hoped it to be in CO, jobs, selling the old house, buying a new place, Temp housing, schools, and so on…. All the while just staring into the raining code on my monitors. I felt overwhelmed and a bit lost. The next day I changed my username.

That’s an interesting point, which one would you consider the wrong pill?
The one that keeps you oblivious to reality. Which is the one I would consider keeps you lost in the Matrix, unable to see things clearly and for what they really are. (Which is either a blessing or a curse, depending on your pov and probably even your mood). When you were staring at the code, did you wonder if any of it really mattered?

(Not in a morose way at all, in a more esoteric way). That's what happens to me if I stare at that cascade. It's at once both soothing and totally alarming.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:51 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,864 times
My user name here came about because of researching different places to relocate in the south Florida area and noticed a whole bunch of threads in Miami referencing Cubans. Well I am Cuban American and a girl...hence Cubanchic.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
My user name here came about because of researching different places to relocate in the south Florida area and noticed a whole bunch of threads in Miami referencing Cubans. Well I am Cuban American and a girl...hence Cubanchic.
Well, that makes perfect sense, and it also is a cute user name.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:58 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
I came up with my user name because I don't like Florida.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:02 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Well my first choice Crazy Cat Lady was already taken, so...I just did what I had to do, lol.
(Even though it kind of makes me look a little illiterate, or like I really can't even spell my own name!)

Old 11-24-2014, 11:05 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
LOL could be...

Why did you choose your user name, Finster? I admit, before I asked this, I googled the name and came up with this:

"The Fred H. Jackson Family Home Page":Information about Rufus FINSTER SMITH

Any connection?

If so, don't feel bad - I have a relative who's name was Brudge.
Lol, no. I didn't know Finster was anyone's actual name.

I'd prefer not to share actually, the origin of the name is extremely banal but the resulting moniker isn't.

So I'd like to keep a bit of mystery there, such as it is.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Lol, no. I didn't know Finster was anyone's actual name.

I'd prefer not to share actually, the origin of the name is extremely banal but the resulting moniker isn't.

So I'd like to keep a bit of mystery there, such as it is.

Hey, nice touch. Mysterious. I don't do that one all that well, but I always admire it in others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships