Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 01:00 PM

170 posts, read 193,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
It also gets my goat when a grown person lets their 5 yr old answer THEIR cell phone...If I would have wanted to talk to the kid..I would have called theirs...
got a response for ya; works every time; kid answers, mom asks who is it, YOU say Cinderella, kid in disbelief tells mom its Cinderella; mom gets on phone real quick; makes me laugh every time!

oh a really big pet peeve of is sneezers and coughers who don't cover up! i'm a germaphobe and am always using hand sanitizer and when i'm in a store and we have someone who is sneezing and not covering up, of course I say something, which horrifies my husband; he thinks we'll get gunned down. oh I seem to have remembered a ton of stuff; I will have to withdraw as I could type the afternoon away. happy thanksgiving to all of you; be blessed!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 04:18 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequeen1 View Post
i'm a germophobe and am always using hand sanitizer
People who use lotion or hand "sanitizer" in public and don't wipe it off things they touch, such as shopping carts, are among my major pet peeves. I have to keep paper towels in my pocket or else put my bag over the handles. Grosses me out.

I've heard that stuff doesn't work, btw.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:12 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
1. When people come into a thread and post that "this thread has been going on a long time and should be closed". POLIZE?
2. People who walk thru doors in the middle instead of the door they are supposed to be going thru
3. People who talk on the phone and text while driving, I hate those people, they have no consideration what so ever for other people on the road
4. People who blow their noses while eating in a restaurant.
5. People who are really loud.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:30 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
My pet peeve is people who are overly optimistic to the point of stupidity. This has gotten NASA in to trouble 2-3 times. This is pretty much what caused the housing crash.

Another pet peeve is digital sheep. The sad part is that this is a growing segment of the population.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:35 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,063 times
1. People in general.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:29 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,422 times
driving in california.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:33 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Flaky people. Do or do not. There is no if

Old 11-30-2014, 12:50 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
People who use their own preferences as a basis for judgement.

as in: I didn't like the movie so it's a lousy movie.
I don't like that singer so they can't sing.

And of course anyone who disagrees is an idiot.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:35 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
When we had 5 kids at home we went through a starbucks drive through (as we did from time to time) and once I got to drink 7 they told me I couldn't order more then 6 drinks in the drive through. I told them that was insane, not posted, never happened before and I could just sit and wait while they got their manager here to explain the changes in policy to me. They got us our drinks

I feel like the hold up usually is someone sending things back (with in their rights...but...) or the workers being slow. I've gotten 7 drinks, meals, etc in a very short period of time...and at times it takes 10x longer to get 1
I just got this as a rep point "Good! It is extremely inconsiderate to hold up the drive thru ordering so many drinks. It's bad enough that you're taking your kids to Starbucks in the first place!"

Well It drives me nuts when people do this. So I thought I would reply. There is nothing wrong with occasionally going to starbucks with your kids. The day in question was our evening outing to go see Christmas lights.

I had managing 7 orders down to a science and didn't spend a ton of time doing it.

It was my family...not ordering for an office

and...yeah, unleashing 5 kids inside starbucks is a better option? Nope!

So...my CD pet peeve, and its at the top of my list, is when someone uses the rep system to say rude things and don't give you a chance to respond. Now THATS rude!

Old 11-30-2014, 03:01 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times
I don't take others behavior to my mind. If some one did something I just let it go I cannot make people correct either guide. So no I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships