Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:25 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
My young adults kids are all on one family plan with me. Overall, it is less expensive for all of us and we get more features. All of the kids are authorized on the account to upgrade when/if they choose, so it's all on them.
I don't know if it is AT&T or my plan but only one person can be authorized to do anything with the plan, phones, etc at a time. So I had to give that over to him for him to be able to. It was a bit of a pain, I'd rather just let them do what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
As others have said, do not respond/reply/text/e-mail/etc. in any way. If you can't change your situation with your phone/mother, then just put up with it. He will most likely go away eventually.
Ignore this guy with no exceptions.
I totally agree. Like telemarketers. Eventually they assume the number is bad. If you VM is personalized, I would change that for now. Any contact can escalate it.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:40 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You despise your mother but you are letting her pay your phone bill?
If you read what she wrote you'd know that she's paying it.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:57 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Hi everyone,

I just got back home. Anyway, I am on the family plan because before I got my smart phone two years ago, I had a basic slide phone. I loved that phone. But, mom said: "just come back on our family plan. I'll put you on the plan, but you pay your portion of the bill. It is much cheaper than going alone and since your goal is to eventually move, it'll save you in the long run." Under family plan, I pay half than what I'd pay separately and they get perks too. I also pay rent to live at home, so I do pay to live in the house. Not as much as an apartment here, per se, but it's something and it does allow me to save until I can move elsewhere (where I want to be).

Why did I buy him a shirt? I never met him before and I talked to him briefly. I thought the girl he was with was his girlfriend (he explained a week later it was his sister) and didn't think he would be that creepy. I bought it for him because I wanted to pay it forward. I was in a good mood from something nicely done for me by someone else and I wanted to do something nice for someone else. I'm kindhearted; I'm the person who buys homeless people on the street food. He and his sister waited with me for a cab; he wanted to take me home, but I told him no and he kept insisting until his sister finally said, "SHE SAID NO! WE ARE NOT TAKING HER HOME AND IT TAKES US THREE AND A HALF HOURS TO GET HOME OURSELVES!" He started out nice, he texted me an hour later asking if I got home okay. But, then he got really clingy. He wanted me to take a train to visit him alone. I told him no and he asked why. I said, "Because that is inappropriate. I'm not taking a train to a place I've never been with someone I barely no." He asked me why. I was sexually assaulted last year; I didn't tell him that, I just said I was uncomfortable.

The guy that did that to me last year, we never exchanged numbers (he actually refused to give it to me and said he'd take me home that night instead), but he took me out for a drink. Well, he kept buying. I should have realized he was bad news when he kept calling me bad names and even before that... leading up he wouldn't leave me alone when I went into the shop his friends own. It was creepy behavior and this guy now reminds me of that guy... except I have his number. When that guy wouldn't take no for an answer, would get really personal, would ask me why I said no, I knew he wasn't good news. I was getting very bad vibes from it.

I never gave him my e-mail address or my name (only Jessica...online I go by first and middle name - I refuse to put my last name out there) and yet he knew when I uploaded something. He would text me saying, "Oh, I saw you uploaded this video to YouTube." I think maybe his "sister" followed me on Google+. He texted me yesterday after I posted what I was thankful for on my blog, which posts to my G+profile. I might have to see if his sister is added and figure out how to block on G+. It was scary to me since he knew that stuff and I don't think my phone number is linked to that account. It's bizarre.

Someone else I met at the concert, we hung out a few times and we still talk. I was telling that person about him and the person said, "Yeah, when he was talking to you, I got really bad vibes from him... like creeper vibes. I should have stayed with you that night." :\ Also, I don't think my VM is personalized. I'm dogsitting at my aunt's now and let me give my phone a call from her landline to see what the VM is. I think eventually he should get the hint.

Edit: I just called from my aunt's landline and the VM is generic - it's not my voice at all.

Last edited by jessxwrites89; 11-28-2014 at 12:36 PM..

Old 11-28-2014, 12:51 PM

I am so sorry for what you went through and super proud of you for following your gut and not being pressured by this guy. That is awesome! Really!!

Just keep plugging the holes, any way he can get through...keep plugging them until he runs out of options and finds a new girl to get obsessed with.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I am so sorry for what you went through and super proud of you for following your gut and not being pressured by this guy. That is awesome! Really!!

Just keep plugging the holes, any way he can get through...keep plugging them until he runs out of options and finds a new girl to get obsessed with.
Thank you. It's been a tough year, but slowly working through it. I think keeping my eye on the prize of moving has helped a bit and being grateful for what I have now. After I graduated college last December, I realized I didn't listen to my gut at all and now I would be. Him asking me very personal questions was it. Also, when he first texted me, he asked, "Can I send you pictures?" I assumed he meant perverted pictures because guys used to do that with me (hated it) and I said, "No." "Why?" "I don't want to see them." "Oh, I don't mean pervy pictures. I mean of me. See!" With a picture of himself. I have no idea if he would use that down the line to send me the icky pictures. I'm glad I blocked before I could find out.

It's funny, he thought the other guy I was talking with was my boyfriend. The one who thought he was a creeper and a half. I should have said yes. :\

Old 11-28-2014, 02:19 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,903,826 times
If you text him now, you teach him that it only take 78 texts for him to get a response from you and that is giving him what he wants. I would call your phone company and ask them to help you.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got back home. Anyway, I am on the family plan because before I got my smart phone two years ago, I had a basic slide phone. I loved that phone. But, mom said: "just come back on our family plan. I'll put you on the plan, but you pay your portion of the bill. It is much cheaper than going alone and since your goal is to eventually move, it'll save you in the long run." Under family plan, I pay half than what I'd pay separately and they get perks too. I also pay rent to live at home, so I do pay to live in the house. Not as much as an apartment here, per se, but it's something and it does allow me to save until I can move elsewhere (where I want to be).

Why did I buy him a shirt? I never met him before and I talked to him briefly. I thought the girl he was with was his girlfriend (he explained a week later it was his sister) and didn't think he would be that creepy. I bought it for him because I wanted to pay it forward. I was in a good mood from something nicely done for me by someone else and I wanted to do something nice for someone else. I'm kindhearted; I'm the person who buys homeless people on the street food. He and his sister waited with me for a cab; he wanted to take me home, but I told him no and he kept insisting until his sister finally said, "SHE SAID NO! WE ARE NOT TAKING HER HOME AND IT TAKES US THREE AND A HALF HOURS TO GET HOME OURSELVES!" He started out nice, he texted me an hour later asking if I got home okay. But, then he got really clingy. He wanted me to take a train to visit him alone. I told him no and he asked why. I said, "Because that is inappropriate. I'm not taking a train to a place I've never been with someone I barely no." He asked me why. I was sexually assaulted last year; I didn't tell him that, I just said I was uncomfortable.

The guy that did that to me last year, we never exchanged numbers (he actually refused to give it to me and said he'd take me home that night instead), but he took me out for a drink. Well, he kept buying. I should have realized he was bad news when he kept calling me bad names and even before that... leading up he wouldn't leave me alone when I went into the shop his friends own. It was creepy behavior and this guy now reminds me of that guy... except I have his number. When that guy wouldn't take no for an answer, would get really personal, would ask me why I said no, I knew he wasn't good news. I was getting very bad vibes from it.

I never gave him my e-mail address or my name (only Jessica...online I go by first and middle name - I refuse to put my last name out there) and yet he knew when I uploaded something. He would text me saying, "Oh, I saw you uploaded this video to YouTube." I think maybe his "sister" followed me on Google+. He texted me yesterday after I posted what I was thankful for on my blog, which posts to my G+profile. I might have to see if his sister is added and figure out how to block on G+. It was scary to me since he knew that stuff and I don't think my phone number is linked to that account. It's bizarre.

Someone else I met at the concert, we hung out a few times and we still talk. I was telling that person about him and the person said, "Yeah, when he was talking to you, I got really bad vibes from him... like creeper vibes. I should have stayed with you that night." :\ Also, I don't think my VM is personalized. I'm dogsitting at my aunt's now and let me give my phone a call from her landline to see what the VM is. I think eventually he should get the hint.

Edit: I just called from my aunt's landline and the VM is generic - it's not my voice at all.

Sorry you're story doesn't add up.

You said you didn't find out until a week later this girl he was with was his sister? Yet all three of you were involved in a conversation, including them waiting with you for a cab and it never came up that they're brother and sister? That doesn't make sense.

And buying a homeless person food(which is a nice gesture) isn't the same as buying some strange guy you meet at a concert a t-shirt. You're not paying anything forward, you're sending him a message that you like him.

I find many holes in your story, but let's say it is true, learn from this.

And regardless of your relationship with your mother, you tell her to block him from your phone. It can't be that stressful, because if it was you would have your own plan regardless of any additional cost.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:46 PM

Seain Dublin, I only assumed it was his girlfriend, I never asked and they never brought it up. I was more concerned about getting out of the city safe and of course enjoying my concert. Since he brought it up casually that the girl bought the concert tickets and VIP tickets (around $250 for both of them), I just assumed it was a significant other. But during the show I talked to his sister and some other guy. His sister ignored him pretty much as did the other person we met. He didn't bring up the relationship until after he asked me if the guy I was with before I started talking to before I bought him the shirt was my boyfriend. I said no and that's when he said, "Oh, that girl is my sister. I'm surprised that guy isn't your boyfriend. You're pretty and it's rare that a pretty girl talks to me and treats me nicely. But why are you single?" This was a day after the concert. He asked me right away if that guy was my boyfriend. I blocked him 5 days after the concert because he was just getting too creepy and clingy. He should have taken the hint when I said no to all of his suggestions of meeting. And when I said I was uncomfortable with this.

I guess I didn't see it that way. I just wanted to do something nice for someone. Like I said, I was only talking to him for a few minutes and said I'd buy it for him. You possibly can't know in a few minutes if you like someone, at least I can't possibly decide in a few minutes (less than 5 minutes) if I like someone. Then again, I was on a high from meeting people I loved and getting two hugs from the band guys twice. I guess it was the good feeling from being hugged by my two favorite guys twice and them being so gracious that I was feeling that when I decided I'd buy the guy a shirt.

Last edited by jessxwrites89; 11-28-2014 at 02:54 PM..

Old 11-28-2014, 03:03 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I don't know if it is AT&T or my plan but only one person can be authorized to do anything with the plan, phones, etc at a time. So I had to give that over to him for him to be able to. It was a bit of a pain, I'd rather just let them do what they want.
Mmmm not true with me! We have AT&T and all 4 of us are authorized as users. I made that happen about a year ago. In June, one son upgraded his phone by himself, and in the last few weeks, the other son did the same while he was away at school. No issues at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships