Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 11:54 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB4 View Post
Apparently the way to check is to lick your arm and then smell it....
I tried doing that and got a hairball.
Had a heck of a time coughing it up.
Darn near killed me !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 12:33 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I don't drink enough water. Partly because it tastes so bad where I live.

I take zoloft.
Dry mouth can cause bath breath, so drink more water. That will make a huge difference. Our water tastes disgusting too, but I take 8 medications that give me dry mouth. Our water is very hard, with a strong chemical taste. I got a Pur water filter that stays in the refrigerator, so I don't have to lug a heavy pitcher day after day. It's the best $25 I ever spent. My gf and I drink tons of water every day, and it is so helpful in getting rid of bad breath.

http://www.amazon.com/PUR-18-Cup-Dis...r+water+filter

If you have dry mouth even after drinking lots of water, Biotene mouth rinse is also helpful. I use that sometimes at night when I still have dry mouth.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:30 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Yeah, avoiding a dry mouth is the biggest deal. Water is nasty like people have said, so whatever you gotta do to drink more of it - do it. Brita filters, Mio, whatever - but keep drinking it.

Also your tongue should be pink. Any kind of white or dingy coating is stinky. Scrape it off and/or brush it until it comes clean.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:10 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times
I use a tongue scraper. That works so much better than brushing your tongue. Stay away from drying mouthwash, although there are washes out there that hydrate your mouth.

Brush 3 times and day and floss once.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:57 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,543 times
I used to work with a lady who spent years as a dental hygenist. She swore by eating plenty of fresh, crunchy raw vegetables and fruit---and flossing---for combating bad breath. So, try to eat plenty of raw carrots, celery, apples, cucumbers, broccoli, and whichever others you like. This, combined with a diligent oral hygiene routine should at least keep stinky breath it at bay. Cavities, loose crowns or caps, bridge work, dentures that don't fit right, etc. can also be culprits. Medications, processed foods, and dehydration too.... Stay away from Scope, Listerine, and all the copies---they are very bad for your mouth. Pure organic coconut oil or plain old baking soda are better as mouthwashes, and even can be used for toothpaste. I also agree with those who suggested tongue scraping.

If you're really adventurous, try to see an Ayurvedic practitioner. They can help you with adjusting your diet and nutrition as well as some other lifestyle changes that will surely help your halitosis.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:00 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB4 View Post
Apparently the way to check is to lick your arm and then smell it...
Or maybe you could ask your dentist or your doctor if they think that you have bad breath.
what? Lol

Old 12-04-2014, 09:01 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,953,701 times
When brushing your teeth, scrub your tongue too (especially the back parts, near your throat). You might gag a little, but it works.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:14 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,010,730 times
This mouthwash isn't like all the rest !!

My husband used to have killer breath while on the Low Carb diets..
You could smell it across the room..This mouthwash cured that !!!

Amazon.com: Closys Alcohol Free Mouthwash with Flavor Control, (Pack of 2): Health & Personal Care

Old 12-04-2014, 10:30 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
I used to work with a lady who spent years as a dental hygenist. She swore by eating plenty of fresh, crunchy raw vegetables and fruit---and flossing---for combating bad breath. So, try to eat plenty of raw carrots, celery, apples, cucumbers, broccoli, and whichever others you like. This, combined with a diligent oral hygiene routine should at least keep stinky breath it at bay. Cavities, loose crowns or caps, bridge work, dentures that don't fit right, etc. can also be culprits. Medications, processed foods, and dehydration too.... Stay away from Scope, Listerine, and all the copies---they are very bad for your mouth. Pure organic coconut oil or plain old baking soda are better as mouthwashes, and even can be used for toothpaste. I also agree with those who suggested tongue scraping.

If you're really adventurous, try to see an Ayurvedic practitioner. They can help you with adjusting your diet and nutrition as well as some other lifestyle changes that will surely help your halitosis.
Definitely to everything!

My friend introduced me to "oil pulling" where you swish coconut oil in your mouth for 20 mins. Lots of benefits to be listed, but I believe it does the work! I usually do it before bed and my husband remarked there's no morning breath. There's also no dryness in the mouth, which I like a lot.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:10 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
When you floss your teeth, smell the floss. It will smell bad if you have bad breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships