U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:56 PM

22 posts, read 12,976 times

Advertisements

They live in a suburb of Dallas down the street from me. Heres the sad story:

I saw a picture of them in the year 2000 and they were so happy together. Fast forward to 2008 they have 5 kids. One is 18 and sells weed and reps the crip gang. He also dropped out of high school a couple months before graduating. One is 14 in the seventh grade, carries around weed, has sex regulary with his girlfriend who has sex for money. Another boy is 11 very good athlete, but has to suffer from his family. He is beat by his 14 year old brother.( I usually rough his brother up when he gets to rough). He also had a so called cancer mole on his back. They got a 10 year old girl who is very bad and hangs out with the 14 year olds slutty girlfriend and her friends. Then they got a soon to be 8 year old still cant even read yet.

A lot of people think this is because thier mother(a former model) got addicted to drugs. Their house is also very filthy.(In fact they got a reputaion in the neighborhood for the dirtiest house.) Their dad is in denial about the whole thing and just stays at work. There mother is usually out getting a fix. They also frequently have family members stay at there crowded house. The only reason I bother is because my 11 year old brother is friends with their son.

So how would you guys help their family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 09:00 PM

15,529 posts, read 35,608,539 times
I'd call Child Protective Services.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:02 PM

people frequently do but nothing happens their situation just gets worst and the police dont even bother going to their house anymore.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:03 PM

15,529 posts, read 35,608,539 times
Well, I suppose if you're a prayer warrior you could always pray for them.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:18 PM
miu

16,439 posts, read 33,372,880 times
What is your relationship to this family? The 11 year old seems salvageable. But is the 11 year old the old with the cancerous mole on his back?

Old 01-03-2008, 09:20 PM

Well the 2 older brothers were the 1st ones i met. My 11 yearold brother is best friends with there 11 year old son.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:23 PM

139 posts, read 345,265 times
I'd be careful if they have a gang member in their family.
You don't want to get involved in violence, so just be careful with what you say about their situation. Have you talked to your parents yet? If not, you should let them know what you know about the family, and suggest that you don't think it's a good idea for your younger brother to be around them. If my younger sister was hanging around a crowd like that, I'd definitely go to my parents first.
I wouldn't try to talk to my sister herself about it because what if she goes to the friend and says "I heard from _____ that your family blah blah blah blah" and then what if he goes and tells the oldest brother who's in the gang, and then the oldest brother gets mad or something?
Let your parents know about the situation, and they'll help you handle it from there

Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 PM

Well he's not a real gangster he just reps crip because his favorite color is blue(but he used to be a blood) so he's not a real gangster. He does sale weed though. My mom knows about their family but she trustes them. Nothin has happened to him. But this family needs help more than any other family i've seen.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 PM

139 posts, read 345,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy194 View Post
Well he's not a real gangster he just reps crip because his favorite color is blue(but he used to be a blood) so he's not a real gangster. He does sale weed though. My mom knows about their family but she trustes them. Nothin has happened to him. But this family needs help more than any other family i've seen.
Then I'd try to talk to your brother about it. Tell him it's not a desirable situation to be in.
Are there any other adults that you trust? You can always talk to them.
Maybe a teacher who's caring and nice? An aunt, uncle or grandparent?
If you don't have anyone close to you who can help, then try a doctor maybe... or a counselor... ???
It really sounds like you need an adult to help you get your brother away from the family, and also to help the family.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 PM

Well all the teachers around dont really care about the kids. The only family I got out here is my mom and brother. Its not my brother that I'm worried about its just that family that
i'm worried about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships