Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 03:01 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I'm not implying that she had to justify herself to me for deleting the post. But she did have to justify herself for her reaction (calling and yelling at me in anger).
If I delete something and the person posts it again, I'm going to get fairly upset, no matter what it is. She could have handled it better, but she probably wanted to make sure she didn't have to spend the day stalking her own page to make sure nothing had to be deleted (again).

Old 12-08-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I'm not implying that she had to justify herself to me for deleting the post. But she did have to justify herself for her reaction (calling and yelling at me in anger).
And actually, you did more than imply that she had to justify herself for deleting the post. You said you wanted her reasons.

Quote:
Again, if gave me "reasons" I would have accepted them.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:04 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
If I delete something and the person posts it again, I'm going to get fairly upset, no matter what it is. She could have handled it better, but she probably wanted to make sure she didn't have to spend the day stalking her own page to make sure nothing had to be deleted (again).
But I said I had no idea that she deleted it. I thought I just didn't post it correctly and it wasn't showing up. As I said, if I had known she deleted it, I would not have re-posted it. I was waiting for take-out in a restaurant; I just figured there was a bad wifi connection. I think that if I ever deleted someone's posts, I'd at least message them and say why.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
And actually, you did more than imply that she had to justify herself for deleting the post. You said you wanted her reasons.
No, again, I wanted her reasons for her over-the-top anger, not for deleting the posts. She was in a rage, and I wanted to know why. She has every right to delete any comment post on her pictures.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:07 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Quote:
They really aren't "knots." I'll have to look up pictures of Miley Cyrus. This is more like a big lump right on top of the head.
Ok, that isn't as bad as I had envisioned. Yeah, I don't think what you posted was intentionally mean, and your sister is being a bit disingenuous by berating you when she already said essentially the same thing. But, I don't think you'll win this one with her, so better just to cough up a sincere mea culpa, and move on.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with this but you wouldn't believe how many people think that because it shows up in their news feed that it's their's to control, comment as they please, or take offense.
Yep. A lot of people don't seem to understand the difference between the their newsfeed and their own wall/timeline.

My wall/timeline I have full control over. I can delete anything I see fit.

My newsfeed is simply a reflection of what others have posted on THEIR OWN walls. I can't control whether or not they post those things. I can only control whether or not I see it (by using the hide feature).

Old 12-08-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
No, it's certainly not that simple (clearly!) I did not lose my temper, so I have nothing to apologize for. I do not need to take down a comment that she already took down.
Sure you do. You can apologize for pushing the issue. It's up to her what shows up on HER wall. Full stop.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Here's how it should have gone:

She sees my post, doesn't like it (perhaps because she lied or exaggerated about "everyone" agreeing with her) and deletes it. She then sends me a private message saying "hey, don't post that, I have people tagged here who love those damned hair bumps."

Done. Finished. No problems, no drama.

But I think like a person who prefers to avoid drama. She's one of the drama-focused people who needs it like fuel.
Or you see that it's been deleted, and realize that she must have had a reason. You further realize that it's a minor issue, so you don't push it any further.

(Sorry, read down to see that you didn't realize it had been deleted)

Last edited by apexgds; 12-08-2014 at 03:19 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 03:12 PM

And also, I use facebook like a 45 year old, not like a 17 year old. My sister evidently uses it like a teenager, getting into all kinds of conflicts with people and using all the fancy facebook functions. I never delved into the intricacies of "tagging" because it just wasn't something I do.

But it's just hard to understand how she just had a big discussion on her page a few days ago which was funny, if a bit vulgar. She was ranting about all kinds of food she does not like because they look like bodily fluids (she actually named some of the fluids), and people were all jumping in. And there was zero concern that she or others would offend any of her 400 "friends." But a wry comment about bad hair is offensive? To me those personal "rules" just aren't consistent.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Or you see that it's been deleted, and realize that she must have had a reason. You further realize that it's a minor issue, so you don't push it any further.
But as I stated, I did not know she deleted it. I thought the post did not go through. I'm not making a minor issue into something major, but merely responding to posters who did not carefully read what I posted earlier. Again, examining something and processing it in an online conversation with anonymous people is not "pushing" anything or making it into a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships